Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.15 Lecture Circuit Part 2
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. >
271 to 296 of 296
Feb 19th 2009 edited

Another question about this episode: Why would Holly just leave her sweater at work?

Actually, I've known a number of women who permanently keep a sweater in their cubicles - even in the middle of summer - because so many offices crank the AC to about 45 degrees (fahrenheit).

ETA: After all, you don't want to "nip out" when wearing a thin blouse. Especially if you work in the same office as a Boob Guy!

Feb 19th 2009

Traditionally, women are pretty cold.

Feb 19th 2009

I think we just learned something about gb's love-history.

Feb 19th 2009

I can vouch for the leaving-a-sweater-at-work thing. I wear it more in the summer than in the winter, for the very reason that mtt cited.

Feb 19th 2009

Yeah, better to have a sweater than to engage in thermostat wars.

Feb 19th 2009

Oh, we do that, too. The presence of the sweater would suggest that I seldom win those.

Feb 19th 2009

I think Pam felt at least somewhat responsible for Michael's predicament and tried to comfort her former partner in heartbreak in the least unethical manner she could design.

I definitely think this was the main motivation behind Pam's actions.

And welcome to the episode thread Dawesome.

Feb 19th 2009

Another question about this episode: Why would Holly just leave her sweater at work?

I agree with everyone else. Right now, I have two cardigans at work. One I brought in and left here for when I'm cold an am not already wearing a cardigan and the other, I think I just forgot here.

Feb 19th 2009

Question: What would you do if you came back from lunch and found that someone had cut one of the sleeves off your cardigan?

Feb 19th 2009

I think my brain would stop, and then I would laugh, and then it would stop again. I don't think I'd be able to work for the rest of the day for thinking about it. It's such an odd act.

Feb 19th 2009

Cut off the other sleeve and attach it to the other shoulder so no one will notice that someone cut off the sleeve.

Feb 19th 2009

Or burn down my cubicle, so no one would notice the disfigured sweater.

Feb 19th 2009

And Jinx, for the win.

Feb 19th 2009

It's nice to win one.

Feb 19th 2009 edited

Question: What would you do if you came back from lunch and found that someone had cut one of the sleeves off your cardigan?

I would wonder all day who the psychopathic stalker was. The next day, I would nonchalantly wear it around to see what reactions I got.

Feb 19th 2009

Actually, I've known a number of women who permanently keep a sweater in their cubicles - even in the middle of summer - because so many offices crank the AC to about 45 degrees (fahrenheit).

I cannot go anywhere without a sweater.

I would wonder all day who the psychopathic stalker was. The next day, I would nonchalantly wear it around to see what reactions I got.

This made me laugh. I would do the same thing. In fact maybe I will cut of my own sleeve, just to see the reactions I get. . .

Feb 19th 2009

And welcome to the episode thread Dawesome.

Thanks, AMJ. I was afraid this thread would be a breeding ground for
monsters, but it's nice in here. I hope there will be management parables.

Feb 19th 2009

I hope there will be management parables.

This is why you need to be here, D. Nice work.

Feb 19th 2009

I was afraid this thread would be a breeding ground for monsters, but it's nice in here.

Sadly, no seamonsters.

Feb 19th 2009

I bet you'd like to swim with the sea monster, wouldn't you, VG?

Feb 19th 2009

The more I think about it, the more I think this episode(s) intended to draw a parallel between Michael's dilemma and the one Pam endured. She was put in the position of knowing what he was going through and, by offering advice and acting in his best interest, showing what she had learned. Just the way she turned to the camera and (very funnily, I thought) said, "What? I'm not the one who's in love with her" tells me she knows what it's like to be the one who's in love and doesn't know what to do. Oh, she acted unethically (couched in whatever terms we like to justify it), but I don't think that was the point. Of course taking what's not yours and violating others' privacy is unethical. I think we were meant to let that slide because the alternative is to make Michael and Pam out to be bad people. Kaling's Pam issues aside, I don't think that was her point. Pam didn't really have anyone to help her through season 3, unless you count Kelly in The Convention, Michael in Business School and Roy from Phyllis's Wedding through Business School. (I don't.) But now Michael has her to help steer him. Of course she's not just along for the ride and the extra mortgage money. She's there for Michael, because that's who she is. I don't know, just thinking.

Feb 19th 2009

While unethical, I don't consider reading the letter to be a huge violation even if Michael had done it. Pam, I think, understands that you can let minor things get in the way of what is really important and if reading the letter helps him move forward then she will do it. Even if the letter had contained bad news she would have told him so that he wouldn't be caught in the same stasis she found herself in. For the record I don't think she lied about the contents, but the writers will do whatever they want in the end.

Feb 19th 2009

Nice, CGB.

I like the idea that Pam identifies with Michael in that way and is determined to ease his suffering, even if it breaks boundaries that the old Pam would never have crossed. Anytime the show gives me Jim and/or Pam showing genuine affection for Michael (or Dwight for that matter, but that's only happened once), they've got me hook, line and sinker.

Feb 19th 2009 edited

That does seem like what the writers were going for, CB. I like looking a tit that way.

Feb 19th 2009

I like looking a tit that way.

Niiiiice one, Madge.

Feb 19th 2009

What about the other one?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6