Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Jim + Pam = Jam
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 110
  5. 111
  6. 112
  7. 113
  8. 114
  9. 115
  10. 116
  11. 117
  12. 118
  13. >
3511 to 3524 of 3524
May 24th 2011

I loved Season 3. I just have that issue with it. I'd explain, but even I'm tired of hearing me talk about it. And yet, I brough tit up...

You really liked Stamford, though, huh?

May 24th 2011

While S3 The Office Schur and Daniels lack credibility, these more recent interviews indicate that they heard some of the critisism of the drawn out Jim/Pam stuff and have actively tried to avoid it on Parks & Rec. That said comments like this:

“We, at times, were frustrated because it felt, from the promos, that it was more of a romance show," said Daniels, "than the actual proportion of Jim and Pam on screen.”

Schur interrupted. “I think sometimes it also felt like, ‘Steve Carell, the greatest comedy legend of his generation, is in the background.’ [But] if you look at the actual screen time, the Jim and Pam stuff really was always a minority of the screen time with very few exceptions, like their wedding.”

make me want to scream. Dudes, it was your show. No one made you make them the focus of the first three seasons.

May 24th 2011

You really liked Stamford, though, huh?

Is your sarcasm matching my sarcasm? I have been away too long. I don't miss Stamford, I almost had to look it up to remember the name. I knew Jim went to someplace in CT.

S3 wasn't bad. Plenty of good episodes before the big drop-off.

May 24th 2011

I feel like Season 3 is the red-headed stepchild of the Office seasons (not counting this previous one), but I thought it took balls to take Jim out of the main picture for so long and see whether they could endure. The romance with Karen was a little manufactured, but I don't hate the season. When Jim and Pam did get together, it felt earned.

I look forward to being told how wrong I am ;-)

May 24th 2011

I don't think hate is the right term for what I feel about S3. It is still the best after S1-2, but it failed in one rather spectacular way. I think disappointed is a better term for it.

May 24th 2011

I look forward to being told how wrong I am ;-)

I will start...

Actually, I agree for the most part. S1-2 were great, I tend to group S3 with 1-2 more than 4-7. I really liked a lot of the episodes in S3, especially the Beach and the Job. It is just when hints started to show that the dynamic of the show was changing, and not for the better.

May 24th 2011

The romance with Karen was a little manufactured

I wish Jim had dated Ann Perkins instead.

May 24th 2011 edited

I really liked a lot of the episodes in S3, especially the Beach and the Job.

And here is the essence of the problem of S3: the last two episodes, where they finally give Jim and Pam some forward momentum are the most liked.

If they had made Karen that interesting, then the conclusion to The Job might have been a little different.

May 24th 2011 edited

Is your sarcasm matching my sarcasm?

Nopers.

. It is just when hints started to show that the dynamic of the show was changing, and not for the better.

Yeppers.

If they had made Karen that interesting, then the conclusion to The Job might have been a little different.

Yesh.

May 25th 2011

My brain just exploded!

Jan 27th 2016

Okay, so this is awkward.

John Krasinski is setting the record straight about comments made by former The Office co-star Jenna Fischer, about how the actors were "genuinely in love" while filming the hit sitcom.

"I think that was wildly misquoted or taken out of context," Krasinski, who has been at Sundance promoting his sophomore directorial effort The Hollars, told The Daily Beast.

Fischer's highly-publicized comments came from her appearance on Bravo's Watch What Happens Live on Jan. 20 where the 41-year-old actress opened up about the undeniable chemistry between her and her on-screen husband.

"Oh, John and I have real chemistry," Fischer shared. "There's like a real part of me that is Pam and a real part of him that's Jim and those parts of us were genuinely in love with one another."

According to Krasinski, he feels Fischer was simply "trying to say something nice about how genuine [their] acting relationship was."

"I think we both feel it's such an honor to be a part of that relationship," the 36-year-old actor shared.

"As far as how she was quoted about saying we were 'genuinely in love,' I think that was taken wildly out of context and I feel bad for her," Krasinski added.

Jan 27th 2016

That is uncomfortable. Then again, they probably won't ever work together again. Puts a damper on that Office Reunion movie in 2021, though. I bet only Idris Elba, Kathy Bates and that lady who played Marjorie will show up.

Jan 27th 2016

It serves Pam right, after she rejected Jim in the parking lot.

Good for you, Jim. Good for you.

Jan 29th 2016

I can just imagine how that conversation went down in the Kras/Blunt household the night that aired.

Blunt: She said what???????

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 110
  5. 111
  6. 112
  7. 113
  8. 114
  9. 115
  10. 116
  11. 117