Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.17 Golden Ticket
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
151 to 160 of 160
Mar 15th 2009

I'm sure others have brought this up, but it's also interesting to see how much
respect for michael Dwight has lost, which is actually a healthy change. As they slowly
mature and gain experience with the world outside the workplace, Scott and Schrute
seem more and more like two very close high school buddies who still hang out
and may care for one another, but no longer hold each other in awe.

Mar 15th 2009

I've noticed the same thing as the years have gone by Dawsome, and you're right, it's healthy for Dwight, but at the same time, it's kind of sad.

Mar 15th 2009 edited

I thought this paragraph in EW's recap on the episode was interesting:

But were the consequences the point tonight? I say no. I'd like to make the more significant assertion that, after their respective failed romances with Holly and Angela, Michael and Dwight may be coming to the awkward realization that the most successful relationship in either of their lives is with one another, and that may be causing a little tension. Hence the slap-fight stare-down after the knock-knock joke, and the sadness in Michael's eyes as he pondered the notion that the only person in the office willing to take a bullet for him was Dwight, and that he'd have to exploit that loyalty in order to survive — and in so doing, lose his demented soulmate. Dwight's joyous trash-kicking as the two men went on their walk was adorably heartbreaking, as was his wounded insistence that even though this specific idea wasn't his, he did have ideas, and he obviously needs Michael to approve of them. It's Dwight who remembers Shoe-La-La, and Dwight who comes running into Michael's office like an eager puppy the minute he calls, and Dwight who keeps a diary faithfully documenting Michael's every idea, and Dwight who writes up Jim for contradicting Michael, even when it's in Dwight's best interest for him to do so. These two need each other more and more with every passing day, because they're kind of all they've got. Was I the only one who, just for a second, wondered if there was something deeper behind their episode-ending full-body scuffle for Dwight's diary? Am I crazy? I mean, Michael occasionally wears women's pants, he gets his jeans dry cleaned, he wants to open a shoe store, he enjoys the occasional fur coat...Okay, I'm crazy.

Mar 15th 2009

Was I the only one who, just for a second, wondered if there was something deeper behind their episode-ending full-body scuffle for Dwight's diary? Am I crazy? I mean, Michael occasionally wears women's pants, he gets his jeans dry cleaned, he wants to open a shoe store, he enjoys the occasional fur coat...Okay, I'm crazy.

Yes, they are.

Mar 16th 2009

Upon re-watching, this is my favorite:

Micheal: "It is not my fault you bought a house to impress Pam. That is why carnations exist."

Creed: "That's not why."

Mar 16th 2009

Was I the only one who, just for a second, wondered if there was something deeper
behind their episode-ending full-body scuffle for Dwight's diary? Am I crazy?
I mean, Michael occasionally wears women's pants, he gets his jeans dry cleaned,
he wants to open a shoe store, he enjoys the occasional fur coat...Okay, I'm crazy.

Some of what you've noticed is simply Michael's unawareness of what's masculine and
what's feminine. I mean, he bought that woman's suit by accident. Other attributes
involve him having subconscious homosexual inclinations- his attraction to Ryan
for example, while others are based on him simply being sensitive and in touch with
his feminine side. What makes this funny is that he sees himself as an extremely
macho guy who happens to keep a diary, likes to cuddle and wants to open a store
called Shoo-La-La. I think Michael Scott is basically a somewhat emotionally arrested
straight male who's sill wrestling with sexual confusion issues. Basically, he's in denial
and needs to come to grips with his his meterosexuality.

Mar 16th 2009

That must explain Dwight's shoes.

Mar 16th 2009

Hank!

Mar 16th 2009

I'll grab my tube. It was killing Michael not to say TWSS. Sooo...I said if for him.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
151 to 160 of 160
Top of PageBack to discussions