Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.18 New Boss
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
151 to 176 of 176
Mar 25th 2009

but the second and third calls were irritated sarcastic Jim calling Charles on his douchiness.

I think this is an astute observation.

Mar 25th 2009

but the second and third calls were irritated sarcastic Jim calling Charles on his douchiness.

This is how I saw it as well, and I was kind of surprised at that, given the fact that he'd already gotten off on the wrong foot with the guy. I was kind of a ballsy move. (but not the smartest.) Go Jim!

Mar 25th 2009

That's interesting. I thought they were just increasing levels of desperate longing for recognition because he'd screwed the pooch that day.

Mar 25th 2009 edited

I think he was just trying to be nice and end on a good note. DC is probably right the second one was probably because he thought maybe Charles hadn't heard the first one. But I totally got the "JERK!" vibe from his third one.

I was kind of a ballsy move. (but not the smartest.) Go Jim!

Sometimes ballsy, but not necessarily smart is awesome.

Mar 25th 2009

I agree completely.

Mar 25th 2009

14th best episode of the season? You're pathetic Office Tally.

Mar 26th 2009

That makes sense...Office Tally is the 14th best Office-related site on the internet. Right after TV Guide and that guy's blog about tomatoes where he sometimes talks about The Office.

Mar 26th 2009

You guys make me laugh. tanster, if you still lurk here, we love you! We just get a little frustrated by the discourse of your posters and their clearly misguided opinions on the caliber of individual episodes.

Mar 26th 2009

and that guy's blog about tomatoes where he sometimes talks about The Office.

I put my soul into that site.

Mar 26th 2009

That's probably why you're better than Office Tally. Your soul, and your delicious Brandywine tomatoes.

Mar 26th 2009

I just dropped a "two-way petting zoo" reference into a conversation. It got a chuckle.

Mar 26th 2009

You're lucky you didn't get slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit. ;-)

Mar 26th 2009

I just dropped a "two-way petting zoo" reference into a conversation. It got a chuckle.

Do you mind sharing how the conversation went? I would love to try it.

Mar 26th 2009

It started with a conversation about my issues with goats. That led someone to say, "Back in Ohio, we had petting zoos," to which I responded, "Were they two-way petting zoos?"

Mar 26th 2009

It started with a conversation about my issues with goats.

You and goats. DftF and giraffes. What is it with the Men of NA and ruminants?

Mar 26th 2009

I'm not afraid of them. I just think they're evil-eyed spawns of zombie sheep. They look like someone put a lamb and a cockroach into Jeff Goldblum's teleporter. Stupid goats.

Mar 26th 2009

That truly did have me laughing out loud.

Mar 26th 2009

I'm not afraid of them. I just think they're evil-eyed spawns of zombie sheep. They look like someone put a lamb and a cockroach into Jeff Goldblum's teleporter. Stupid goats.

Oh so you're not afraid of them; they're just scary. I get it.

Mar 26th 2009

See, Anque gets it. Why don't the goats?

Mar 26th 2009

Baaaahhhhhh...

Mar 26th 2009

That goat has devil eyes! Hey, can I borrow your dog to help me kill that goat?

Mar 26th 2009

Did you guys and gals hear about the guy who was shipwrecked on the island with his dog? The only other animals there were sheep. After a while, one particularly lovely sheep was starting to look very good to the guy. Very good.
One day, the guy tried to get the sheep alone, but his dog would not leave them alone. The dog barked and barked until the guy gave up his quest.

And this happened every time he tried to be alone with the sheep.

One day, he heard someone screaming out in the ocean. He swimmed out and ended up saving a beautiful woman from drowning.

Once she was on the beach and had caught her breath, she told him that she was so grateful, she would do anything he wanted.

"Thank you!" he said. "Could you watch my dog for a while?"

Mar 26th 2009

In his defense, the lovely sheep probably would not want to snuggle and talk afterwards.

Mar 26th 2009

gb that is one of my favorite jokes. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Mar 27th 2009 edited

Baaaahhhhhh...

Nice Office reference, DC.

That's a funny joke, gbone.

Mar 27th 2009

It just occurred to me that in this episode, Michael assumed Charles was married, whereas Kelly and Angela assumed he was single.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
151 to 176 of 176
Top of PageBack to discussions