Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.19 Two Weeks
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 258
Mar 20th 2009
  • Season 5 : Episode 19
  • First aired on March 26, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL TAKES GOOFING OFF TO A NEW LEVEL - IDRIS ELBA (“The Wire”) GUEST STARS-- Michael's (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) relationship with the new vice president (guest star Idris Elba) becomes increasingly tense, as Michael finds an excuse to goof off even more than usual. Meanwhile, Pam (Jenna Fischer) faces the challenge of a new copier and Kelly (Mindy Kaling) develops a crush. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Craig Robinson, Creed Bratton and Paul Lieberstein also star.

Mar 20th 2009

This one's going to be intense. I do believe Mr. Lieberstein wrote this episode...

Mar 20th 2009

So - Michael doesn't quit for very long.

Mar 20th 2009

Clearly not. Or else he doesn't tell Elba that he quit.

Mar 20th 2009

So - Michael doesn't quit for very long.

Or he put in his two week notice.

Mar 20th 2009

Seems kind of plausible.

Mar 20th 2009

Except that two weeks will already have passed, though I guess they could ignore that. I don't glean much from that summary. It's kind of vague.

Mar 20th 2009

My guess is that he hasn't really quit.

Mar 20th 2009 edited

Michael's relationship with the new vice president becomes increasingly tense...and Kelly develops a crush.

Sounds like stuff that already happened.

From reading OT, I knew the title of this episode before watching last night's, so when Michael started having trouble with Charles I thought they were building up to him quitting in this episode. I'm going to guess that he did the two week notice.

Mar 21st 2009

I figured Michael puts in his two weeks notice and that gives him an excuse to do whatever he has always wanted to at work. How that is different from how he already behaves I don't know.

Mar 21st 2009

That was my interpretation, in well, tominaccounting. In other news, this is the first episode I'm going to miss while on my mission. Next Thursday is gonna be totally rough for me.

Mar 21st 2009

I really admire what you're doing P-iT.

Mar 21st 2009

I figured Michael puts in his two weeks notice and that gives him an excuse to do whatever he has always wanted to at work. How that is different from how he already behaves I don't know.

This is an interesting and accurate observation, I think. How could Michael goof off more than he does already?

Mar 21st 2009

Urkel. . .grue, If Michael's usual behavior is Michael Scott restrained I do wonder what the unrestrained version of Michael Scott is like. Because I always thought that Michael lacked that filter we all have that tells us, I shouldn't say this or I shouldn't do this.

Mar 21st 2009

Post-it, we're gonna miss you!

Mar 23rd 2009

Good luck, PT! You shall be missed here.

Mar 26th 2009

Shouldn't this be on the first page? Big episode tonight I think.

Mar 26th 2009

I really can't wait. I'm pumped.

Mar 26th 2009

Me, too!

Mar 26th 2009

I as well can't wait to see what happens tonight.

Mar 26th 2009

This is gonna be awesome.

Mar 26th 2009

There is a big-time Blazers game tonight (vs. the Suns in our house) so I won't be able to watch until tomorrow at some point. Gah.

Mar 26th 2009

That is wrong.

Mar 26th 2009

It's a big game. Playoffs are right around the corner.

Mar 26th 2009

The Suns need to win that to maybe make it into the playoffs. You guys are already in, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Mar 26th 2009

In fact, just give this one to the Suns. They need it more than you do. Too bad the Suns didn't start playing like they are now a few weeks ago. Man, too bad. I hope they catch Dallas, but they will need a few breaks.

Mar 26th 2009

It's seems harder to not make the NBA playoffs than to get in.

Mar 26th 2009

The playoff race is no time for charity. I apologize in advance, but I hope the Blazers kick the Suns in the tailpipe all over the Rose Garden tonight.

Mar 26th 2009

Everything you said, except the opposite of that. I'm with N3P on this one.

Mar 26th 2009

You can hope, but the Suns are hot and Roy is hurting. Maybe he should rest a few games to be ready for the playoffs. The Suns played last night in a close game so Shaq may be a little tired tonight.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 258
Top of PageBack to discussions