Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.19 Two Weeks
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. >
241 to 258 of 258
Apr 3rd 2009

Besides everything else, Wallace was there to see Michael's antics in The Deposition.

Perhaps by then the branch sales had gone up enough to ignore his antics.

Apr 3rd 2009

Wallace's last and lasting impression that day was one of sympathy for Michael, who'd been publicly betrayed by Jan before siding with the company in his testimony.

Apr 3rd 2009

Wallace's last and lasting impression that day was one of sympathy for Michael

True. And this was the same sympathy he expressed when he offered to pay for Michael's party in New Boss. I agree that DW is a great guy. I'm just saying that he seems to have a flaw as a manager, a flaw makes it plausible that he'd hire Dickhead Charles when Dickhead Charles is...such a total dickhead.

Apr 3rd 2009

Many NAers have expressed opinions about the last shot of the episode, and speculated about what was going through the minds of Michael and Pam as they walked away.

I'm not speculating about their thoughts. I just wanted to say that the scene - and their expressions - reminded me of nothing so much as the last shot of The Graduate, when Ben and Elaine are sitting in the back of the bus thinking, "What did we just do?" and "What should we do now?"

Apr 3rd 2009

If I was DW, I'd hire Dickhead Charles. He's all work and no play, and in this economy, I'm pretty sure a lot of corporation needs a manager like Charles.

Apr 3rd 2009

If I was DW, I'd hire Dickhead Charles. He's all work and no play, and in this economy, I'm pretty sure a lot of corporation needs a manager like Charles.

You mean a crazy person who disrupts the team, alienates talent and makes totally inappropriate management decisions? That's who you'd hire?

Apr 3rd 2009

Exactly. Look at it this way, on paper, Charles looks good. He was an accountant, and in this economy, you're going to need someone who knows money. DW probably didn't realize how, er...terrible Charles was. Like I said, just by looking at Charles, you see a guy who takes his job seriously, but once you get to know him, he's a fart face.

DW had no way of knowing that from the interview...

Plus, he hired Ryan, who probably looked good on paper, although he didn't make any sales. Ryan had an MBA, so he knew business. DMI was a good idea that was just executed poorly. Ryan's a young guy that bit off more than he could chew.

DW isn't a psychic, you know?

Apr 3rd 2009

I'd hire him because he's hot.

Apr 3rd 2009 edited

Look at it this way, on paper, Charles looks good. He was an accountant, and in this economy, you're going to need someone who knows money. DW probably didn't realize how, er...terrible Charles was.

Oh. Okay. Now I get you. At first, I thought you were saying that - knowing everything we know about Charles now - you'd hire him. That's what I couldn't understand.

I agree that he probably looked excellent on paper, and probably in an interview in well.

ETA: So this one instance might not, by itself, show that DW is not great at personnel decisions. But combine this with some of his other personnel decisions (Ryan, anyone?) and I think you can see why I've decided that he has a weakness.

I'd hire him because he's hot.

Speechless, is what I am. ;-)

Apr 3rd 2009

Maybe David hired Ryan and Charles because they're hot. Think about it, David was really close to hiring Jim, and remember that cute scene when they played basketball? David's totally a sucker for hot dudes.

Plus, he wasn't the one that hired Jan, and I'm pretty sure he didn't like Karen. So I think David might have a secret, and he should tell his wife and kid soon...

Apr 3rd 2009

David's totally a sucker for hot dudes.

So he and VG have a lot in common?

Apr 3rd 2009

Wallace probably thought Charles would send Bodie and Poot after him if he didn't get hired.

Apr 3rd 2009

Exactly. Any time you brandish a nail gun during an interview, you're going to get hired.

Apr 3rd 2009

Exactly. Any time you brandish a nail gun during an interview, you're going to get hired.

note to self...

Apr 3rd 2009

I knew it!

Apr 3rd 2009

David's totally a sucker for hot dudes.

Maybe. Except Charles Miner isn't hot. Sorry girls, I don't see it.

Apr 3rd 2009

Oh, I totally do!

Wait...did I say that out loud?

Apr 3rd 2009

Except Charles Miner isn't hot. Sorry girls, I don't see it.

Well, he's no Kevin that's for sure.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. >