Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.20 Dream Team
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 72
Apr 2nd 2009
  • Season 5 : Episode 20
  • First aired on April 9, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL ASSEMBLES HIS DREAM TEAM—IDRIS ELBA (“The Wire”) GUEST STARS—After getting off on the wrong foot with his new supervisor, Charles (Idris Elba), Jim (John Krasinski) finds himself face to face with the new boss in a soccer game in the Dunder Mifflin parking lot. Meanwhile, Michael (Steve Carell), afraid to face the workday, has trouble leaving his house. Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton and Paul Lieberstein also star.

Apr 3rd 2009

Saw the promo and can't wait.

Apr 3rd 2009

I'm annoyed by this sandwiching of new eps around a new show. Quite annoyed. I may use my DVR to watch it like it was an hour-long.

Aside from that, Thursday should rock.

Apr 3rd 2009

I hope this is used as an opportunity for Jim to reassert himself. I'm tired of watching him flounder around.

Apr 3rd 2009

I am very excited. This season finally has an arc that lasts more than an episode.

Apr 3rd 2009

I hope this is used as an opportunity for Jim to reassert himself

Me too, either that or we find out Charles has anger issues, and he beats Jim up, thus he gets fired. But that won't happen...

What I see happening is that Jim's team beats Charles' team, and Charles holds an even bigger grudge towards Jim. As long as Idris Elba is on the show, I see him being a poop face to Jim.

Apr 3rd 2009

I'm tired of watching him flounder around.

It's hard for him to assert himself with Miner carping at him all the time, AMJ.

Apr 3rd 2009

I agree BTF. A guy like that would certainly tend to throw someone off their game.

Apr 3rd 2009

It's hard for him to assert himself with Miner carping at him all the time, AMJ.

Well, there's gotta be something Jim can do aside from hiding in his shell like some kind of sea turtle.

Also, moray eels.

Apr 3rd 2009

g-bone, I have no words.

Apr 3rd 2009

Oh, I see Jim standing up to Charles...but not for awhile. If that happens, maybe John Krasinski will finally get that Emmy nod, eh?

Apr 3rd 2009 edited

How long did it take him to stand up to Ryan? And even then he did it by phone. I'm surprised he didn't use IM. Or a letter.

Apr 3rd 2009

Well, there's gotta be something Jim can do aside from hiding in his shell like some kind of sea turtle.

Also, moray eels.

Barracuda!

Apr 3rd 2009

Barracuda!

As you wish.

Apr 9th 2009

Excited for a B.J. Novak episode tonight.

Apr 9th 2009

I thought BJ Novak had temporarily died or something.

Apr 9th 2009

Two episodes tonight! Color me happy!

Apr 9th 2009

I'm happy, too! I've been excited all day.

Apr 9th 2009

I've planned my entire week around going straight home after work and doing nothing but watching TV and getting on the computer the entire night.

Apr 9th 2009

That pretty much describes what I'm going to be doing as well.

Apr 9th 2009

Ditto. We're making something simple but yummy for dinner (burgers on the grill and fries) and we are going to plop our butts in front of the tv for at least two hours straight.

Apr 9th 2009

Psst, CGB. You have the episode order incorrectly on your blog. Not that it matters but Dream Team airs before Michael Scott Paper Company.

Apr 9th 2009

This is Gene's first directing gig, right? Can't wait!

Apr 9th 2009

I loved it. Really loved it. Loved Michael's big can of whoopass! Loved watching Pam and Michael being each others cheerleaders. Great episode. Loved Dwight. Not sure if I've mentioned this, but I loved it.

Apr 9th 2009

How is it that no one is talking about these episodes? Stupid Canadian television had the audacity to play the episodes out of order... so much of their impact was lost on me. And I don't even have NA to make up for it. Hmph.

Fighting the excrutiating urge to put a frowny face emoticon.

Apr 9th 2009

I liked the Pam/Michael stuff, but the Jim/Charles plot line is starting to piss me off. Ok, we get that Charles doesn't like Jim and that is throwing him off a bit, but has it turned him into an idiot as well? He isn't bright enough to just say "My sport is basketball."?

Apr 9th 2009 edited

The Nana investment meeting was good. Also, I think Ryan should now only be referred to as Shoebitch.

Apr 9th 2009

Won't go quite as far to say loved, but I really liked it. Bringing back Vikram was genius, maybe not so realistic that he'd leave with Michael but it was funny enough it didn't matter. Always good to see Billy Merchant and it was fun to met Nana, although she seemed pretty with it, not one who would send a birthday check every month. I like that they addressed that MSPC is a crazy idea and the Pam/Michael scene at the end was fantastic. Ryan back? Meh.

DC, totally agree with you re: Jim. I just don't get what they are doing there. And the guy's a darn good basketball player in S1, now he's not coordinated enough to kick a soccer ball around in the parking lot?

Biggest laughs of the episode came from Jim saying he played for the orange team and Stanley talking about what a fan of Maradona he is.

Apr 9th 2009 edited

And the guy's a darn good basketball player in S1, now he's not coordinated enough to kick a soccer ball around in the parking lot?

What does that have to do with anything? It is possible to be good at basketball and terrible at soccer.

Apr 9th 2009

I don't care if he's good at soccer or not. There was absolutely no need for him to claim he played the game. If you play the game then you would have to have some knowledge about it even if you don't watch it. So what happens when Charles asks what position Jim plays? Right, he can't even answer that. I assume there is some huge Jim/Charles blowout coming which will redeem this moronic plot line, but it is growing old fast.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 72
Top of PageBack to discussions