Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Super Duper Paper: Michael's New Company and Its Impending Success (or Failure)
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 81 of 81
Apr 7th 2009

It's not realistic that Dunder Mifflin succeeds, let alone it's under-capitalized, ill-planned, understaffed, doomed-to-fail start-up competition.

Apr 7th 2009

I think Dunder Mifflin will start to succeed once Charles remembers he's Stringer Bell.

Apr 7th 2009 edited

And starts incorporating the ideas from his MBA classes much like he did in his drug empire.

Apr 7th 2009

It's not realistic that Dunder Mifflin succeeds, let alone it's under-capitalized, ill-planned, understaffed, doomed-to-fail start-up competition.

We have a mom-and-pop paper/office supply company much like Price Family Paper here in DBQ that's doing quite nicely, thank you - while our Office Depot just closed down for being "under performing".

Apr 7th 2009

Don't worry, mtt. I've informed Staples, and they're on their way to drive Mom and Pop right out of business.

Apr 7th 2009 edited

Ha! I mock Staples. Staples has been here for something like 25 years and they haven't killed O'Tooles yet! In fact, now that they've killed off Office Depot, Staples is next in their sights! :-)

Killing off huge, impersonal big-box stores? That was easy!

Apr 7th 2009

Why is mtt defending the small business? It seems...unlike him.

Apr 7th 2009

Gotta prop 'em up long enough to fund the New World Order.

Apr 7th 2009 edited

Why is mtt defending the small business? It seems...unlike him.

Republicans like to talk about small businesses. Democrats like to actually assist them.

Republicans only assist Big Business. Because that's where Grandpapa's money is.

Apr 7th 2009

Republicans only assist Big Business

To be fair, Bette Midler did give a delightful performance.

Apr 7th 2009

Fred Ward kinda screwed the pooch, though.

Apr 7th 2009

How dare you, sir? You are gross. Fred Ward gave an impassioned, award-worthy performance of a small town guy who only has two dreams:
1. Marry the love of his life, the town rabble-rouser played by Lily Tomlin
2. To make it onto the professional miniature golf tour.

Apr 8th 2009 edited

WBJ, indeed, my ep count was off by exactly 3 (double-eps) + 1 (the 29th ep which I'm sure folk know about and can explain but I'm too lazy to verify on my own just now) = 4. Still a good bit of space to fill.

CGB, "quote-y title" noted and, yes, no, I don't mind. You may. With my permission. Permission granted. Go ahead. OK, done. Yes, I like it.

Anque, yes, I believe Michael has retained a copy of the PFP list.

Anque, DftF, While I agree that the show is (and should be) outlandish in spots, Michael IS Office and he's never been away from DM at all, even for holidays. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun, but when Michael jumped ship, jumping the shark just jumped out at me. Perhaps I've been too jumpy.

N3P, KarenM, I felt like the tone in Prince's recorded out-of-business phone greeting was a ruse implemented to seemingly point to the obvious, but in actuality, only an indication that Prince was bidding folk/business a wistful goodbye. And Michael's look, after hearing the PFP phone greeting, was not only on account of the notion that DM had put them out of business, but because he was prospecting for a new job, and his 2-entry prospect list consisted of "Prince Paper" and "other companies".

Lem, gb, Anque, I think the impetus for Pam's leaving was a 50/50 split between not wanting to stay under Charles (that's what she said) and wanting a new opportunity. Going from a sure thing at DM to a veritable non-opportunity under MSPC doesn't really scream "brighter horizons".

Anque, OK, you didn't look up "acquiescence", but did you right-click??? ;-)

AMJ, shouldn't "unrealisticness" be "unrealisticity"? :-P

Apr 8th 2009

Thud, if the tone of the Prince Family Paper phone call was a ruse, whose ruse was it? The show writers or the Prince family? If they were planning to close, they never would have even pretended that Dwight was interviewing or that Michael was a prospective new client. They are out of business, sayonara, not gracefully retired, aloha.

Apr 8th 2009

I think the impetus for Pam's leaving was a 50/50 split between not wanting to stay under Charles (that's what she said) and wanting a new opportunity. Going from a sure thing at DM to a veritable non-opportunity under MSPC doesn't really scream "brighter horizons".

I've got to put that at 90% new opportunity and 10% "Charles is a dick" (which hasn't been said recently enough for my taste). It may not have been a rational well thought out decision, but Pam has been wanting out of the receptionist position since the pilot episode.

Apr 8th 2009

For you, DC:

Charles is a dick.

Apr 8th 2009

I watched the episode again last night and there was an interesting look on Pam's face (exasperation? anger? Hard to say exactly what) right after Charles slammed the door to the conference room. It did make it seem like that was a last straw. But I still think it's more the new opportunity that's making her leave. I'll put it at 69%.

Apr 8th 2009

Nice.

Apr 9th 2009

Charles is a dick.

Thank you.

Apr 9th 2009

Thud while I have to agree with the general consensus of the NAer's here, I do want to tell you that I appreciate the non-confrontational manner in which you replied to the posters. I've seen many forums where the posters get nasty when others disagree as strongly as everyone seems to disagree with you here.

It won't be long before we find out how this all pans out. I hope Michael does have a copy of PFP's clients. He should if he faxed it to Corporate. He won't feel guilty about contacting them since PFP is no longer in business.

I don't think the list of references will be a factor in the upcoming episodes, but I'd like to see Michael achieve some success. I'd like to find out how high he can fly 'cuz right now I have no idea. :-)

Apr 10th 2009

First of all, let me just say that I'm sorry I've done such a whorish job filling out this webform and making such seemingly whorishly wrong prognostications.

But hey, MSPC is well on it's way to profitability and bringing DM Scranton to its knees. Pam has already made a sale - an $860 order for a product that MSPC doesn't yet stock and for which they will probably run to Staples and pay $1174 in order to fulfill. One out of four team members quit before starting, another two hate each other and raw sewage gushes clamorously through the office space. Hey, I wanna work there! Go MSPC!

By the by, ToasterOven 101, regarding a "non-confrontational manner" of interaction and response, yeah, this ain't YouTube, baby. I don't yet know how rigorously or aggressively this forum is moderated, but, playful banter aside, I'd hope that flames and hostile pronouncements here would be grounds for summary account termination. Besides, adult folk don't play dat, right adult folk??? Either way, your sentiments are appreciated.

Anywho, even though we've now seen some comradery between Dick and the other DM'ers, I still think:

More folk will jump ship and end up inquiring w/ MSPC; MSPC will see some level of success and/or triumph; the verdict is still out on whether or not PFP went out of business solely and exclusively because Michael/DM snagged their client list; PFP's former clients may still play a roll for MSPC, and; storyline plausibility may still be at issue.

NA members did apparently rename him Dick, yes?

Question: Who will be next to leave DM Scranton?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 81 of 81
Top of PageBack to discussions