Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.22 Heavy Competition
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 125
Apr 10th 2009
  • Season 5 : Episode 22
  • First aired on April 16, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL AND DWIGHT IN A HIGH-STAKES BATTLE—IDRIS ELBA ("The Wire") GUEST STARS—Dwight's (Rainn Wilson) loyalty to Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) is tested when he finds a new hero in Charles (guest star Idris Elba). Meanwhile, Andy (Ed Helms) tries to provide for all of Jim's (John Krasinski) emotional needs. Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein also star.

Apr 10th 2009

Dwight's loyalty to Michael is tested when he finds a new hero in Charles.

Like it.

Apr 16th 2009 edited

You people are slackers. This was on the second page.

Apr 16th 2009

"I understand...nothing."

"Tall. Beets."

Apr 16th 2009

"Let me be your traveling pants."

I love Andy.

Apr 16th 2009 edited

If the trend of recent weeks holds, most people didn't like this one because I loved it and I'm usually out of step lately.

Jim hugging Andy had my hysterical. I loved Michael's and Dwight's entire show-down with Mr. Schofield. Charles replying to Dwight's comment about blood clots with "No, that's weird. You're going to sit" like he was about to break.

Why was there no TWSS when Michael said he was going to come at Dwight hard?

Apr 16th 2009

I loved Jim's prank on Andy, and how much Andy got into it. That was the best part of the show for me, and I loved everything else as well. The cold open was great. Michael telling Dwight to walk 100 feet in the direction of the sun at noon, Dwight's spin move and changing into his mustard shirt, Michael using his Blackberry as a night light...so many things tonight.

Also, Dwight is evil like a hobbit.

Apr 16th 2009

Quietest. Thursday. Ever.

Apr 16th 2009

I'm still having trouble buying the whole MSPC line as a viable business so that part worked less well for me. I enjoyed seeing a non-harassed Halpert messing with Andy. And was that wedding planning I witnessed? Nah, couldn't be. U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi!

Apr 16th 2009

U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi!

Loved that.

Apr 16th 2009

I still can't tell if Pam is really on board with the company after the TH there.

Apr 16th 2009

Quietest. Thursday. Ever.

Maybe they're watching SouthLAnd.

Apr 16th 2009

That is Kath and Kim with a better soundtrack.

Apr 16th 2009

It wasn't spectacular but I liked it a lot, a little more light hearted than recent weeks, which I think was necessary. Dwight was fantastic throughout, his discomfort in a long-sleeve shirt killed me, along with his being focused like a wolf and hitting a bear on the way to Cooper's. I found it very realistic that Charles would be impressed with Dwight and I really enjoyed his showdown with Michael. It's always good to see Michael's sales skills. I liked seeing a little wedding planning, and I'd also like to know if they've set a date. I'll never totally buy into the Michael Scott Paper Company, but tonight I was fine with it because it seemed like they were at least having fun. Pam's notes to Michael and the cheesepuff contest in the tag made me laugh.

Also, Madge/Pudge/Patch!

Apr 16th 2009 edited

12 posts, including this one, since the thread was found on the second page. And the episode ended an hour ago.

By the way, Pam was adorable in that dual talking head, and when she had the cheese puff in her hair.

Apr 16th 2009

I thought it was all right. Andy is always good, even if he did let Angela convince him to order a crucifix-shaped wedding cake. I also liked Michael selling, or trying to sell, at least. That was realistic. I'm still not sure how he's paying his mortgage, and for all those cheese puffs. Dwight having trouble with the long sleeves was very funny.

Was it me, or was Elba's British accent peeking through a lot this week?

Apr 16th 2009

Yeah, I caught it a couple times. I was expecting a lot more from him, although I think it's more the writers' fault for not doing much to develop him. And I don't know that's there's much more they can do with the few episodes left. (I'm not spoiled but I assume he's gone at the end of the season.)

Apr 16th 2009

I noticed that too. Actually, I think it would have been interesting for them to let him have the accent for that role.

Apr 16th 2009

I enjoyed this episode! Jim got to prank someone, Dwight had a long sleeve shirt that cut off his blood circulation, and the cheese balls- oh the cheese balls.

Why was there no TWSS when Michael said he was going to come at Dwight hard?

I said TWSS in my head, if that helps.

Apr 16th 2009

I was expecting a lot more from him, although I think it's more the writers' fault for not doing much to develop him.

They sort of tossed too many balls into the air with MSPC, Jim being bludgeoned by Charles, Charles running the branch etc. to cover things in depth. It sort of feels like the beginning of the season where the whole art school plot just seemed to get dropped.

Apr 16th 2009

I said TWSS in my head, if that helps.

It really does. Thanks.

the whole art school plot

I don't think we're supposed to talk about that.

Apr 16th 2009

Oops.

Apr 16th 2009

I wonder how long it took them to film the cold open with the cheeseballs.

Apr 16th 2009 edited

Try to control yourselves ladies.

Yeah, I need to pace myself with that.

Apr 16th 2009

I'm still not sure how he's paying his mortgage, and for all those cheese puffs

Michael stole those cheese puffs from Dunder Mifflin in a deleted scene in Two Weeks.

Remember Jim's face in Benihana Christmas when the chef or whatever did that onion thing? That was my face during the three way cheese puff throw.

Apr 16th 2009

That was some amazing cheese puff choreography.

Apr 16th 2009 edited

First deleted scene:

Ryan is a dick. Also, that last line should have totally been left in.

Apr 16th 2009

Andy's demo

Makes you wonder if Ed Helms is really in there...

Apr 16th 2009

Also, that last line should have totally been left in.

Agreed.

Ryan is a dick

Double agreed.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 125
Top of PageBack to discussions