Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.23 Broke
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 181
Apr 16th 2009
  • Season 5 : Episode 23
  • First aired on April 23, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL DEALS WITH EARLY MORNING DELIVERIES AND FINANCIAL STRAINS— IDRIS ELBA ("The Wire") GUEST STARS— Michael's (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) new company struggles to make early morning deliveries while the office tries to get their expense reports in on time after Angela (Angela Kinsey) enforces Dunder Mifflin’s policy. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein also star.

Apr 18th 2009

According to OfficeTally, Steve Carell directed this episode, and Charlie Grandy wrote it. Should be good, and here is the promo

Apr 18th 2009

Thanks for posting that, BMF...off to the spoiler thread to chat.

Apr 19th 2009

Obviously Carell has written before, but this is his first directing gig, no? Sounds like they are going to address some of the implausibilities around MSPC, good for them.

Apr 23rd 2009

Bumping this thread since it airs in about nine hours! Let's see what happens to MSPC.

Apr 23rd 2009

It's ridiculous how much I'm looking forward to this episode.

Apr 23rd 2009

I'm looking forward to the episodes lately...which hasn't happened in a while.

Apr 23rd 2009

I've avoided the promos but I get the vibe that Something Interesting will happen.

Apr 23rd 2009 edited

I am anxious to see how this season ends out. I really think that The Office has been going in a more or less positive direction this season, and a great finish will only solidify that, in my mind.

Apr 23rd 2009

Rewatching the last few episodes has made me appreciate the direction they've taken this year. While maybe not as laugh out loud funny as earlier years there have been some truly classic moments recently that required repeated viewings to really get.

Apr 23rd 2009

The antenna situation at my house seems to be remedied, with a lot of me telling my husband where he could put it (the antenna, you pervs!). Sooooo, I am very excited since I missed the last three episodes.

Apr 23rd 2009

Wow!

Halfway through the new episode and no comments? Me no likey this new trend...

Apr 23rd 2009

How am I supposed to live vicariously through you people if you won't post?

Also, I liked it pretty well, despite some realism issues. I especially liked the shot of Michael, Pam, and Ryan riding silently in the van on the way back from the accountants, and then the Korean woman got in the van.

Apr 23rd 2009

"Hey Jim...boner patrol!"

"Our balls are in your court."

Outstanding.

Apr 23rd 2009

Totally agree WB. Also, in the tag, when Michael put his foot up on Jim's desk, and Jim pointed at it...awesome!

Apr 23rd 2009

Know what sucks? When you decide to save The Office for last so you start playing 30 Rock first, only it picked up the tag to The Office and you inadvertently find out the fate of the Michael Scott Paper Company even before you've seen the episode. That's what sucks.

Apr 23rd 2009

My roommates were talking very loudly during the first half of this episode so I missed a lot, but the second half was pretty damn good. I liked how Jim ultimately defeated Charles with his uncanny talent of exploiting Dwight's Dwightness. And Michael was not a complete idiot in the meeting. I can't remember funny things, but I know there were lots. . . I rely on you guys to remember them for me.

Apr 23rd 2009 edited

Wow CGB, that sucks a big one. Sorry.

I liked how Jim ultimately defeated Charles with his uncanny talent of exploiting Dwight's Dwightness.

Yes, that was poetry.

More stuff to love:

• Dwight: Been there, done that.

• Phyllis calling David out for not returning Michael's phone call.

• Come along, afterthought.

• Jim's Dwight ring.

NEWS FLASH!!! JIM DIDN'T KISS PAM ON THE LIPS! THEY'RE BREAKING UP!!! OH GODDDDDDDDDD!

Sorry. Moving on.

• Jim to Charles: "But you didn't..." That. Was. Awesome.

• It was great to see how proud Pam was of Michael when he came back at David when they were negotiating.

• We got another "quiet you!" out of Dwight!

• Ryan passing on the champagne.

Apr 23rd 2009

Nice list VG. I just had to add:

Michael's "Nope. You're done'"

Pam's TH "You blame the 30 year old woman who gets in the passenger seat and says 'Drive kid. I trust you'"

Jim looking competent in front of David Wallace while Dwight is making bee suggestions.

I really enjoyed the way they finished this off with both sides looking incompetent rather MSPC being a raging success.

NEWS FLASH!!! JIM DIDN'T KISS PAM ON THE LIPS! THEY'RE BREAKING UP!!! OH GODDDDDDDDDD!

I saw that. It's the end.

Apr 23rd 2009

And let's not forget Jim's reaction after Charles was acting like such a kiss ass towards Wallace. Plus, Michael's "Nope...you're done" at the end was awesome.

Apr 23rd 2009

I loved it. I couldn't wait for every commercial break to be over. So good.

Apr 23rd 2009

So how did the editors miss the fact that the conference room door was open when Dwight got the call from 'Jerry' when MSPC was supposed to be talking over the offer?

Apr 23rd 2009

Plus, Michael's "Nope...you're done" at the end was awesome.

Indeed it was.

Michael put his foot up on Jim's desk

And that was pure greatness.

Also, Jim did kiss Pam on the lips in the morning, so maybe there's hope ; )

Apr 23rd 2009

True, and there was also the boner.

Apr 23rd 2009

Ok, did you look?

Apr 23rd 2009

I thought it was fantastic. Plenty of LOLZ, and dramatic to boot. I was actually tense during the negotiations, truly not knowing what would happen, and that's rare for a TV show. Also thought the scene with Michael, Ryan, and Pam sitting on the floor bemoaning their fate was very good. I'm fine with the buyout, I'm sure it can be picked apart, but it worked for me. And the meeting at the beginning with the financial adviser was realistic and funny as well - Ryan "Why don't you tell me what you think it is". Most of the funny stuff has been covered, my favorite was the Korean lady getting in the car. It also had a bit of a season finale feel to it, so I can't wait to see where they go in the last three episodes.

the office tries to get their expense reports in on time after Angela (Angela Kinsey) enforces Dunder Mifflin’s policy.

They didn't spend much time on this.

Apr 23rd 2009 edited

Ok, did you look?

Um...it's not like I had to make an effort.

Apr 23rd 2009

Wow CGB, that sucks a big one. Sorry.

Yeah, but it didn't change the fact that this show is officially making me feel better than it has in years. I don't even know if I can explain it, or if it can be explained. Things are just right. Really right.

Also, this...

Charles: Yes. I was going to say the same thing. We should buy him out.

Jim: Oh, but you didn't.

Apr 23rd 2009

Jim's comeback tonight almost makes up for the extended flailing they put him through earlier. Almost.

Apr 23rd 2009

Yeah, but it didn't change the fact that this show is officially making me feel better than it has in years. I don't even know if I can explain it, or if it can be explained. Things are just right. Really right.

I'm really glad to see that CGB. This show makes me very, very happy.

I'm fine with the buyout, I'm sure it can be picked apart, but it worked for me.

Ditto.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 181
Top of PageBack to discussions