Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
[Closed] Pee-filled Water Balloon - The Office Haiku Thread
1 to 4 of 4
Apr 17th 2009 edited

OK, I just figured that a pee-filled balloon in a thread title would be a decent eye-catcher. Anywho...

I had contemplated starting an Office Metaphors or Office Allusions or Office Analogies-type thread, when I began to realize that there are just too many figure-of-speech genres and too many stand-out Office-isms to enumerate all of the best of them under any given single literary category. And then it came to me...

Haiku!

I mean, who doesn't love a great haiku, right? And, hey, that 5-7-5 rhythm just feels so natural and so... right... to me. Heck, I sometimes catch myself just spouting off haikus spontaneously in general conversation. Sometimes they even come to me in Pig-Latin and I just have to let them free-flow.

So, here's one premised on the Heavy Competition ep to get this thread started:

You can call me Al[space][space] A pee-filled water balloon[space][space] Thirty-two cheese puffs[space][space]

And one more for it-shays and iggle-gays:

Andy, Jim and Pam. Ainbow-Ray Onnection-Cay. Show-stealers, these three!

OK, now your turn. Come up with your best haikus. Place them in this thread.

Oops! See, there I go again!

Apr 17th 2009

Thud, we already have a haiku thread. You should check it out. It has a ton of fantastic ku-s in it.

Apr 17th 2009

Oh my dear Thud. I admire your eagerness, but I condemn your inability to use a search button.

Apr 17th 2009

That's a good one Daoust.
But don't be too hard on Thud.
That's what she said, no?

1 to 4 of 4
Top of PageBack to discussions