Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.24 Casual Friday
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 189
Apr 24th 2009
  • Season 5 : Episode 24
  • First aired on April 30, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL IS TORN BETWEEN HIS TWO SALES GROUPS—Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) has to mediate a dispute within his new sales team. Meanwhile, trouble brews in the office when several employees take the term "casual" Fridays too loosely. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, B.J. Novak and Paul Lieberstein also star.

Apr 25th 2009

Michael has to mediate a dispute within his new sales team.

Have to think Ryan is involved in some way. Where are he and Pam going to sit? Surprising that it's been this long before casual Friday became a main plot.

Apr 25th 2009

Where are he and Pam going to sit?

Well, if you read the spoilers thread.....My guess about the dispute is that Pam and Ryan want to keep the clients that were stolen while the DM salespersons want their old clients back. Commissions mean a lot to them.

Apr 25th 2009

Where is Pam going to sit? Next to Jim obviously. I think that the dispute is between Pam and Ryan. Pam has actually made a sale at the MSPC, albeit with Michael's help. And Ryan has yet to make a sale because as Dwight told him way back in Initiation, he comes off as cocky instead of confident. What the nature of the dispute will be who knows? But this isn't the first time we've seen a casual Friday, remember Michael started casual Friday because he loved the way he looked in jeans.

Apr 26th 2009

My guess about the dispute is that Pam and Ryan want to keep the clients that were stolen while the DM salespersons want their old clients back. Commissions mean a lot to them.

Good spec, that would be fun to see. Being nitpicky, which I have a tendency to do, it seems to be assumed that all the clients that MSPC stole are automatically going to come back to DM. But if I were one of the clients I'd be kind of ticked off by the whole thing, offered a low price to switch, then asked to pay more by MSPC, then told MSPC doesn't exist and to go back to DM and pay the old price. Might make me want to switch.

Apr 26th 2009

Might make me want to switch.

True, but I'm sure that will be ignored just like how did Michael aquire the van?

Apr 26th 2009

At best, we get 23 minutes of the show each Thursday. They don't have time to explain every detail. I wish they did, but they don't.

Apr 26th 2009

It'll be nice to see how the Michael/Dwight dynamic re-develops, if at all. Hug it out, bitch.

Apr 26th 2009

I don't know if the Michael/Dwight dynamic will ever be the same. On one hand Dwight has a deep abiding love for the system and holds anyone in authority in reverance but he and Michael did go to "war." I think their will be some lingering tension. I don't want them to have the same dynamic as they used to have the first episode back with Michael as regional manager.

Apr 27th 2009

I tend to agree that there shouldn't be an immediate recovery, but it wouldn't quite be the Office without a Michael talking head in his office with Dwight leaning in the background. Also hoping the supporting cast get some more screen time after the MSPC arc detracted a lot from them.

Apr 27th 2009

I think the dispute will be over who has to keep driving local Koreans to church.
After deciding to split the duty with Pam and Ryan, Michael takes the first shift
but, due to his inability to understand the GPS instructions in a foreign language,
he will once again drive into Lake Scranton, baptizing all his passengers in
the process. No one will be harmed, however and all will be delivered safely to
dry land when Michael rows the van ashore. Allelujah.

Apr 27th 2009

I just realized you can't spell "Hallelujah" (or "Allelujah") without Allah.

Apr 27th 2009

No one will be harmed, however and all will be delivered safely to dry land when Michael rows the van ashore.

I love it.

Apr 27th 2009 edited

I just realized you can't spell "Hallelujah" (or "Allelujah") without Allah.

Somebody check gb's papers.

P.S. I wonder if Pam didn't use the "H" in Hallelujah because some people
pronounce it that way or because one of the letters had come off the side
of the van.

Apr 27th 2009 edited

Could this be the episode that reveals that torrod Pam/Ryan romance we've all been clamoring for?

Let's hear it for Pryan!

Apr 27th 2009

Somebody check mtt's papers. Here are just some TO relationships
I'd rather see than Pryan:

Pichael
Panley
Poscar
Poby
Pard Dog
Pyllis
Pevin
Preed
or a three-way with Pwight and Pangela

Apr 27th 2009 edited

How about an Angel(a)'s Threesome - Pangekelly?

Which sounds like a really tasty Indian dish!

Apr 27th 2009

It sounds like an early continent, before tectonic shifts.

Apr 27th 2009

I wonder if Pam didn't use the "H" in Hallelujah ... because one of the letters had come off the side of the van.

1. The Korean writing system doesn't work that way. If you drop the "H" from 할렐루야 you get 말렐루야 (할 "hal" becomes 말 "al"). Notice that nothing "came off"; rather, the upper left jamo in the first character changed from ㅎ to ㅇ.

2. Pam can't read Korean.

Apr 28th 2009 edited
  1. I was joking (without effect apparently) but I'm glad I did because we all
    learned something about the Korean writing system. And learning is power.

2. I'm not suggesting Pam (or Michael or Ryan for that matter) reads Korean.
    But if one of them doesn't have some grasp of the language, how did they
    come to the conclusion that the symbols read: "Korean Church of Scranton"?

P.S. Once, at swim camp, I pulled a muscle in my upper left jammo and that
is nothing to joke about. If this happens to you, use ice then heat, keep the area
sterilized and write your congressman. Now you've learned something.
Pay it forward.

Apr 28th 2009

I already know about how to cauterize a pulled muscle, Dawsome. I'm not stupid. It was covered extensively in medical school, that I read about.

Apr 28th 2009

I already know about how to cauterize a pulled muscle....

TWSS! Ooh! What a burn!

Apr 28th 2009

It is easy how Pam would know what the side of the van said, Scranton has a Korean Church she would have seen signs up about it and recognizes the writing.

Apr 28th 2009

It is easy how Pam would know what the side of the van said, Scranton
has a Korean Church she would have seen signs up about it and recognizes
the writing.

Nice detective work, tia. You're a regular Hercules Parrot!

Apr 28th 2009

Parrot? Or Poirot?

Apr 28th 2009 edited

Parrot? Or Poirot?

I actually know it's "Poirot", BTF. It’s also “Hercule”, not Hercules.
But in Agatha Christie’s Evil Under the Sun", one of the English characters
pronounces it "Hurcules Parrot", which I found funny.

Apr 28th 2009

Boom! Actually reads books Roasted!

Apr 28th 2009

I just figured you were an idiot, Dawesome.

Boom! Roasted.

Apr 28th 2009

It smells like roast in here.

Apr 28th 2009

It smells like roast in here.

Smells more like roasted Tuna.

Boom! Roasted Tuna!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4