Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.25 Cafe Disco
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 228
May 1st 2009
  • Season 5 : Episode 25
  • First aired on May 7, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL BRINGS COFFEE AND DANCING TO THE OFFICE—Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) gets into the café/disco scene. Meanwhile, Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski) decide to take a secret trip. Rainn Wilson, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein and B.J. Novak also star.

May 2nd 2009

The cafe/disco scene? Uh oh.

May 2nd 2009 edited

What's a cafe/disco scene? All I'm envisioning is the part of "Foux de Fa Fa" when they go to the discotheque.

May 2nd 2009

Mmmm baguette!

May 2nd 2009

Meanwhile, Pam and Jim decide to take a secret trip.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

May 2nd 2009

What's a cafe/disco scene? All I'm envisioning is the part of "Foux de Fa Fa" when they go to the discotheque.

Mmmm baguette!

Jacques Cousteau!

I'm intrigued and frightened by the cafe/disco premise.

May 2nd 2009

A secret trip to that hotbed of intrique and romance, Wilkes-Barre.

May 2nd 2009

Jacques Cousteau!

Was he the bumbling underwater researcher who tried to find the Pink Panther diamond and invented the scuba suit by accident?

May 2nd 2009

At first glance, this appears to be a filler episode. But this close to the end of the season? There's gotta be some dirt in there.

May 2nd 2009

It can't be a filler episode it is the last episode before the season finale, so something will happen which sets up plotlines for Company Picnic kind of like Beach Games and The Job.

May 3rd 2009

I'm thinking Pam and Jim Elope. what other reasons would they have for keeping the trip secret?

May 3rd 2009 edited

Is that a spoiler?

eta. (after reading the ep synopsis) No, it is not.

May 3rd 2009 edited

lol nope not a spoiler just a guess. While I'm at it I might as well ask how the spoiler tags work. I tried it a couple of times but it didn't work. Any advice.

May 3rd 2009

You write two stars (**) without the parentheses on either side of the word "SPOILERS". You will most likely need to wrap spoiler tags around any information about any show that hasn't aired yet, or has only aired recently.

May 3rd 2009

Well, also, don't post spoilers about shows that haven't aired yet except in the spoiler thread, as per the rules.

May 3rd 2009

There are rules?

May 3rd 2009 edited

Like I said not a spoiler it was in the synopsis of the episode that they take a secret trip I just speculated that they might be eloping

May 3rd 2009

Is there really a St. Saucey?

May 3rd 2009 edited

lol no its a nickname I was given by a drunken canadian a long time ago. and I still can't get the spoiler tag to work

May 3rd 2009

Almost there. Put two asterisks around each use of the word "spoiler."

May 3rd 2009

Or you could just post in the spoiler thread...

May 3rd 2009 edited

spoiler Is that one on each side or four per use of the word spoiler and do I need to put the word spoiler on each side of the word I intend to hide?

May 3rd 2009

Four per use, but, again, look at the rule. Also, what you're saying is speculation, so it wouldn't need a spoiler tag.

May 3rd 2009 edited

thanks griefbone yeah I know it is a speculation I am just trying to figure it out.

And I give up. My email is tomatosauce6808@hotmail.com if someone wants to email me the exact format.

May 3rd 2009 edited

Just click on the "Markdown" hyperlink above the comment box. There's only so much formatting that you can do, but most people find the tips there pretty useful.

I can never remember how to make a line.
eta: not with a bunch of dashes beneath a line

There it is.

May 4th 2009

Huh. According to OT Warren Lieberstein wrote this. He's not a regular writer is he? I wonder if he'll make Angela look bad.

May 4th 2009

He started working on the staff this year as a producer, too.

May 4th 2009

I wonder if he'll make Angela look bad.

Or worse yet, ignore her character completely.

May 5th 2009

I don't think even the credited writer has enough control to do that.

May 5th 2009

What if his brother's the showrunner?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >