Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Erin Hannon: Do People Like Her?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
211 to 216 of 216
Apr 12th 2016

Kimmy and Erin are very different characters, but Erin has a very dark backstory and has come out of it being Erin, and Kimmy has done the same.

Ellie Kemper: Yeah, exactly. They are different, but they’re definitely similar. Erin bounced around from foster home to foster home. I don’t know whether their cheeriness is in spite of what they’ve been through or how they managed to get through those horrible moments. But I think that something like that has to be innate, because I think both characters are strong, but for that optimism not to be shaken is pretty impressive.

My understanding is that Erin was originally written differently from that, and a bit more dry, and then they saw you and were like, “No.”

Ellie Kemper: I think so. In the audition, she was more sarcastic and a little cooler and I think they met me and were like, “Well, she’s not cool.”

What were you doing in the audition that would make them think that?

Ellie Kemper: I was reading with Ed Helms and I don’t really know what it was. If you go back and watch the first appearances of Erin, she is a little cooler. Like, I think Dwight is flirting with her at the front desk, and she has dark brown hair and she’s a little cooler. But then very quickly, I think, she gets a little weirder. That must have been from talking with Greg Daniels or something, which I don’t know whether to take as a compliment or an insult.

Hitfix/Sepinwall

Apr 12th 2016

and she has dark brown hair

This jumped out at me on my rewatch.

I liked UKS (which is easier to type on a phone than Unbreaeekbl Kamny Schlitz), but I don't know if I'm up for a Season 2. I think they made just the right amount of episodes the first time. Maybe more than the right amount.

Apr 12th 2016

I think so. In the audition, she was more sarcastic and a little cooler

I would have enjoyed that Erin much more.

Apr 12th 2016

I would have enjoyed that Erin much more.

Apr 12th 2016

Maybe not that cool.

Apr 12th 2016

Why isn't she on tv currently?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7