Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Summertime and the Contest Is Easy (Much Like Your Mom): the 2009 Contest Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. 33
  13. >
961 to 972 of 972
Jun 21st 2011

The effect of NA on me: I will forever read three short sentences in a row like that as if it it was a haiku.

Jun 21st 2011

Barf. That love triangle made me want to die out of embarrassment at being human.

Jun 21st 2011

Is that because you are soulless, like griefbone?

But yeah, it felt a little silly, especially since Twilight already did that.

Jul 1st 2011

Just thought I'd check in for my yearly Northern Attack fix. I see that the summer contest idea has been raised and pretty much lowered again. :( Much love to Nerfy Life for thinking of me and wondering about my opinion. As a 3 year vet of the contest, my opinion is thus:

I really enjoyed the challenge of all those clever writing tasks and the fun of reading the submissions of other Office superfans. The contests gave me an excuse to exercise my seldom-used creative bone, and they gave me a chance to influence and interact with the characters during the absence of new episodes. I was disappointed that enthusiasm and participation went down last year, and I share your view that the show in general is only a shadow of its former greatness. If there's no burning desire for another Office writing contest this year, I'm okay with that. However, I wouldn't mind trying some alternate theme or format-- particularly one that was narrower in scope and less time-constrained. It could be about another well-known show or movie franchise or some other aspect of pop culture. Personally, I am a sucker for parody songs and would come back for any version of that challenge.

I know you all have probably moved on to bigger and better things, but I will check back periodically to see if any interest has been drummed up. Regardless, I hope you all have a wonderful summer!

Jul 2nd 2011

. Personally, I am a sucker for parody songs

I'd like to second this suggestion.

Jul 2nd 2011

3rd, please.

Jul 2nd 2011

I'm down for a parody song, but we're still in need of a theme. I would like to suggest either "Enchantment Under the Sea" or "Josh Lucas movies."

Jul 2nd 2011

Yeah, Mom, we know. You've told us this story a million times. You felt sorry for him, so you decided to go with him to the Fish Under the Sea dance.

Jul 2nd 2011 edited

I'm game for parodies! That would be fun. We can do movie themes every week. Broad ones...like 80s movies...or big summer blockbusters...or westerns...or Bloodsport...

Jul 2nd 2011

Bloodsport shall not be parodied.

Jul 2nd 2011

It would be difficult.

Jul 5th 2011

Yeah, Mom, we know. You've told us this story a million times. You felt sorry for him, so you decided to go with him to the Fish Under the Sea dance.

No, no, it was Enchantment Under the Sea Dance.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. 33