Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
S5 DVD: Send In The Subs
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. >
241 to 262 of 262
Dec 28th 2010

And yet, S2 is still $40.00 CDN on iTunes!

And still a bargain.

Dec 29th 2010

Yes. Yes it is. But I haven't bought it yet. I really want to, because the HD quality is great, and it's super convenient to have it all right there on iTunes to watch whenever I have my laptop. But I'm a stingy bastard, and I think $40.00 for a season of a show that I can watch on television pretty much every night of the week is a bit steep.

Dec 29th 2010

Can't you buy the DVDs much cheaper than that? If you want to put them on your iPod after that, there's great freeware you can use.

Dec 29th 2010

Yeah, I'm not technologically inclined, and that would take a lot of work, and I wouldn't want to watch them on my iPod anyway. Just my Mac.

Dec 29th 2010

Can't you just slap the DVD into your Mac and go?

Dec 29th 2010

Yeah, but think about all that work! If they're already on the computer, I can watch them anywhere I have the computer. If I am feeling randomly inspired to watch them, I don't have to get up, and go find the DVD's and put it into the computer, and wait for it to load up. I just open iTunes and go! See what I mean? I'm lazy. And cheap.

Dec 29th 2010

Your laziness is impressive.

Dec 29th 2010

It's epic.

Dec 29th 2010

I wrote a lengthy reply to this on my ipod, and it was lost in the NA ether. I didn't feel like retyping it then. But here goes. There's two free programs you can download and use with minimal tech savvy (i.e. the level that I possess). MakeMKV will rip any BluRay or DVD to your machine, from which you can burn it to a DVD or, if you download VLC Player, simply play it back. Both MakeMKV and VLC are free and really easy to use. VLC plays almost any media format and it's a tiny application file. This way you won't need to keep the DVDs by or in your computer.

I learned about both from Lifehacker, which is one of the Gawker sites. It's a constant stream of good tech and life advice. I don't go to the site, but I follow it on Facebook, so minimal effort.

I'd say buying the DVDs as cheap as you can find them, ripping them in MakeMKV and watching them in VLC would be the way to go, even given your professed laziness.

Dec 29th 2010

Is MakeMKV Mac specific? I have and enjoy VLC so being able to load my favorite content would be nice.

Dec 30th 2010

I believe there's a version for both.

Another cool site is Drop Box, which let's you sync uP to 2 gigs of files across multiple computers for free. And for a small fee you can sync up to 100 gigs. Makes thumb drives obsolete.

Sep 6th 2011

Overpriced Season 7 dvd's on sale now.

Sep 6th 2011 edited

I'm still regretting that I purchased Season 4. Still unwatched.

Sep 6th 2011

I sold my season 4 & 5 DVDs to Amazon.

Sep 6th 2011

S4 was the last ones I bought. I was sad when I saw the commercial for S7 DVD because it reminded me how awesome it used to be right when they came out. There were cool extra gifts, deleted scenes, bloopers. Now, eh.

Sep 6th 2011

eh

Yup.

Sep 6th 2011

Even your comments about the DVDs are boring. I'm boring myself just commenting on your comments. Meh.

Dec 29th 2011

Overpriced Season 7 dvd's on sale now.

And now they're $14.99.

Dec 29th 2011

I just ordered the Community Season 2 set and the Chuck Season 4 set. I think OCD played a role.

Dec 29th 2011

I think I need to get Chuck S1 and S2.

Dec 30th 2011

I only saw a couple of episodes of Chuck, but I would buy a DVD filled with nothing but a continuous loop of that chick dressed in her underwear, strapping on weapons to her legs.

Dec 30th 2011

Oh you mean the Special Edition BluRay edition.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. >
241 to 262 of 262