Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Ideas for an "Office" theme wedding?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 112
Jun 25th 2009

I recently got engaged and my fiance and I decided it might be awesome to do a wedding with "The Office" as it's theme. Using ideas from both Pam and Phyllis's identical wedding plans and some ideas from Angela and Andy's wedding plans and some general Office jokes would be fun. I've already come up with some ideas, such as having bobblehead cake toppers and getting mugs that say "World's Best Couple" and use them for the champagne toast instead of champagne flutes, or having the wedding band wear shirts labeled "Scrantonicity." I have a couple other ideas but I'm posing this question out to the watercooler!

Does anyone have any cute ideas for an Office themed wedding?

Jun 25th 2009

That sounds like fun. I got married in April of S3 and told hubby that I wanted to be introduced at the reception to the Office theme song. He did not think that was a good idea.

Jun 25th 2009

Obviously you'll need to hire one of the Scrantonicities for the music.

I actually don't think this is a bad idea for a new thread. You're going to need a spiffier Office-related name, though, lyaercrayl, and be prepared to divulge some embarrassing personal details relating to the wedding planning.

Jun 25th 2009

You should definitely have some a cappella singers at your wedding. Doing Take a Chance on Me. In Pig-latin, if possible.

Jun 25th 2009

Obviously you'll need to hire one of the Scrantonicities for the music.

Or Here Come Treble. You should have those little refrigerator magnet wedding favors that Phyllis had. Your bouquet should also be similar to the one Jim made for Pam in Cafe Disco.

Jun 25th 2009 edited

Have a Fudgie the Whale wedding cake. Also, instead of rings, exchange yogurt lids on paper-clip chains.

Jun 25th 2009

Cater your reception with Jim's famous grilled cheese sandwiches on the roof. Fireworks for entertainment.

Jun 25th 2009

Are you sure you want an Office themed wedding? Don't most little girls, I'm assuming you are female, plan imagine their dream wedding? Is an Office themed wedding really your dream wedding?

Jun 25th 2009 edited

If part of the theme is having Angela Kinsey as the bride then I'd want an office themed wedding and Honey Moon. Get married on a beet farm.

Jun 25th 2009

Get married on a beat farm.

That should be fun. Make sure you get your wedding pictures taken before you get that inevitable black eye and swollen lip.

Jun 25th 2009

Damn you BB.

Jun 25th 2009

Have it catered by Alfredo's Pizza Cafe - NOT Pizza by Alfredo. You don't want to serve hot circles of garbage.

Jun 25th 2009

Damn you BB.

It hurts me more than it hurts you.

Jun 25th 2009

BB, I am a female, but I LOVE the office and some things i plan on making subtle, so its not going to be overboard crazy office themed, but at least a bunch of things that my fiance and i find entirely clever and that we can laugh at all night. That's the point right? To have a super fun wedding?!

Jun 25th 2009

That's the point right? To have a super fun wedding?!

Yesh. Personally, I think the idea rocks. It's just a shame that you won't be able to pull some ideas from the JAM wedding. Unless, of course, you have time. In which case, this thread will light up next season I hope.

Jun 25th 2009

Yea, itd be awesome if they get married early in the season! Then i might be able to do a similar dress or something. I am NOT gonna wear a dress like angela's little house on the prairie dress! ouch!

Jun 25th 2009

I think it's a cute idea, especially if you just add the little Office-y touches like you're planning, lyearcrayl. You realize you will have to post links to photos of the decor and whatnot here after the blessed event, right?

Jun 25th 2009

Yes. We don't know you but we demand it!

Jun 25th 2009

BigTunaFishing and Anque, The wedding won't be until next summer, but I will definitely show you all the pictures!

Jun 25th 2009

Yay!

Jun 25th 2009

That's the point right? To have a super fun wedding?!

Exactly. I can't wait to see the pictures, as well!

Jun 25th 2009

Woot!

Jun 25th 2009

Congratulations!

1. play flonkkerton at the reception
  2. serve wine made of beets
  3. have a pretzel stand and offer all the toppings

If you were really going all out and wanted to be as true to The Office as possible, maybe you could go ahead and get pregnant before the actual wedding, too. I'm just sayin'.

Jun 25th 2009

The bride and groom on the wedding cake should be bobble-heads.

Have one of your songs be Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic.

Tell only one of your guests that's its a costume themed party and that she should arrive to the reception in a cheerleader outfit.

Have someone start a fire in the banquet kitchen then pull the fire alarm, but have all the doors blocked, or the doorhandles hot. Make sure there are no heavy black men in attendance.

Have Hooters cater. Or Benihanas.

Jun 25th 2009

Have one of your songs be Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic.

Nnnoooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 25th 2009

How about Sing by Travis, then?

Or You Oughtta Know?

Jun 25th 2009

How about Sing by Travis, then?

Yes

Jun 25th 2009 edited

Or You Oughtta Know?

Kevin and the whole gang singing You Oughta Know is a thing of beauty. I just wished we'd gotten a chance to hear them sing:

A younger version of me.

Is she perverted like me,

will she go down on you in the theater?

Jun 25th 2009

Those are my favourite lines too, mtt. I've always loved Alanis. I kind of felt like we were probably very similar people.

I'm probably wrong.

Jun 25th 2009

Or the next couplet.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 112
Top of PageBack to discussions