Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
[Closed] Myself Obama and Oprah
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 34
Aug 3rd 2009 edited

Are heading to the Watercooler to submit our bid to be the chairman of the 2010 Summer Hiatus Writing Contest. Last year I was denied leadership due to sucking and newness. This year I feel I suck less and am less new so I think I would make a good chairman. Plus I have this whole forum that I created that is just sitting there gathering dust. I have brought my friends PresidentO'Bama and Oprah to plead my case.

Please Check out My Spec's for the 2010 Summer Hiatus Writing Contest Village HERE

Aug 3rd 2009

Oh, no. I need to close my eyes.

Aug 3rd 2009

Wow that is an interesting submission LT. I guess I'll allow editing since I didn't say I wouldn't. PS I got permission to do this from GB.

Aug 3rd 2009

No, my eyes really hurt. Plus, anything that comes out of Michael's mouth/computer/pen is bound to make me cringe and close my eyes. I need to think more about the prompt. Have I been disqualified since I already posted here twice?

Aug 3rd 2009

well it doesn't really matter since this one is for fun and doesn't count towards any percent of your grade.

Aug 3rd 2009

Can we not call this thread:

SUMMER 09 CONTEST WEEK 10:

So as not to confuse people that this isn't part of the Summer Hiatus contest? Thanks.

Aug 3rd 2009

Yeah, we don't want one of the Mods to sticky it by accident. We have enough stickied threads right now.

Aug 3rd 2009

PS I got permission to do this from GB.

I was going to mention this but saw that gbone addressed it in the contest thread:

I didn't give permission, nor do I have the authority to give permsision, I would assume. I said I didn't care, just so the record's clear.

Just bringing it to the original thread...

Aug 3rd 2009 edited

Yes, please make this titled something different, ss. The contest is over, we must face facts, and so this is something different and should look it.

I was the one who said they'd miss the contest (why does no one remember who throws the garbage out around here?) and I don't fault you for giving a go at another week. But it reminds me of when I was little, the day after Easter, me and my brothers re-hiding the plastic eggs for each other because the holiday was over too fast. We tried, but it's just not the same.

Aug 3rd 2009

But it reminds me of when I was little, the day after Easter, me and my brothers re-hiding the plastic eggs for each other because the holiday was over too fast. We tried, but it's just not the same.

That's a cute story though, gt.

Aug 3rd 2009

Yeah, we don't want one of the Mods to sticky it by accident. We have enough stickied threads right now.

Almost did. Time to mod things up a little.

Aug 3rd 2009

That's a pretty good prompt, ss. I don't know if I'll think of anything, but it's a creative idea. I'm glad you're still excited about the contest because I ran out of steam with two prompts to go. Not that I don't have endurance. I can go a long time. But not too long. Well, can you ever be too long?

Oct 5th 2009

Bumped

Oct 5th 2009

Smacks head on desk.

Oct 5th 2009 edited

Daoust you realize that I changed the original post right?

Oct 5th 2009

Smacks head on desk.

I was thinking this same thing but didn't say anything. Tanks for being my voice.

Oct 5th 2009 edited

Daoust you realize that I changed the original post right?

It's part of the reason for the smackage. There's a general discussion of the summer contest that that post would have gone well in. Sans the photo, of course. Since the lovely simple interface that we maintain over most of this site is so dear to the hearts of most of us.

Oct 5th 2009

Since the lovely simple interface that we maintain over most of this site is so dear to the hearts of most of us.

And MOST OF US would like it to stay that way. HINT HINT!

Oct 5th 2009

Sorry I thought it might be better to edit my attempt to do a prompt and I thought the picture added to the funny. Plus with what went on with Chicago and Rio I thought it would be perfectly topical and always remain funny instead of dying out.

Oct 5th 2009

Besides, the issue of next year's summer contest will not really arise for a while, so discussions seem premature. I think it's Anque's turn again, anyway.

Oct 5th 2009

I think it's Anque's turn again, anyway.

Yay!

Oct 5th 2009

I have no memory of this thread, and will probably forget it as soon as it disappears from the front page. Have I commented here before?

Oct 5th 2009 edited

As long as there are other incredibly intelligent awesome hardworker people to do most of the work, I'm game! *

Footnote: This can in no way be constituted as a commitment as it is against the laws of the universe for me to commit to anything more than a month in advance.
Oct 5th 2009

So you want the contest to start in less than a month? That seems like not enough time, but you do what you gotta do.

Oct 5th 2009

Nope it was originally my attempt to create a prompt after the summer contest was in it. It was very funnily worded though no one including my self participated,

Oct 5th 2009

Ah! Leave it to the lawyer to find the (loop)hole.

Oct 5th 2009

See this is what I don't understand. I want to be in charge and yet you force someone else to be. I am a born organizer.

Oct 5th 2009

As long as there are other incredibly intelligent awesome hardworker people to do most of the work, I'm game! *

Anque! Anque! Anque! I can help you again, hermana!

Oct 5th 2009

Face. Palm. Repeat.

Oct 5th 2009

I am in solidarity with the rest of the NAers who read BTF's post and laughed.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 34
Top of PageBack to discussions