Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
"I'm just sad the public school system failed him so badly": The Gardening Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. >
901 to 930 of 997
Jan 5th 2012

I'm a girl. I don't think about it infrequently.

Jan 5th 2012

I think about it a lot...and it's still a lot less than I used to think about it. When I was a very young man, it was kind of annoying...it was difficult to get anything done because you're constantly thinking about it.

Also, I'm trying to decide which would be funnier...making fun of Toosie for being a nympho, or making fun of LT for being a prude?

Jan 5th 2012

I believe you, Toos. I just think where we misunderstand each other is in the definition of the word "frequently" as it applies to men and women in regards to this topic. I think you'd be blown away by the male definition of this.

Jan 5th 2012

In day-to-day life, though, I'm more of a prude. I'm very, reserved, I guess. I don't ever act on my thoughts....I just think them, you know?

Jan 5th 2012

In day-to-day life, though, I'm more of a prude. I'm very, reserved, I guess.

This is me. I'm very uncomfortable when guys at work crack dirty jokes or make comments about women.

Here...well, it's different. I'm pretty sure you guys aren't real.

Jan 5th 2012

YOU'RE not real!

Jan 5th 2012

Yeah, usually whenever folks say inappropriate in public, I say, "I didn't think I was in a locker room. Come on." And make a face.

But I will make dirty jokes with my family, like uncles and stuff. Nothing really offensive, just That's-What-She-Saids, mostly.

My female cousins all think they're too good for that, but my brother and younger boy cousin are more laid back about it.

Jan 5th 2012 edited

I wonder about what it must be like to be a girl who, it seems, only thinks about it infrequently. What must that be like?

I'll ask my wife. Honestly, all it means is that their head is filled with different things. My daughter was at a sleepover, and the boys had gone to the movies. So I asked, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" And she said, "Yes. Let's go clean out the garage."

True story.

Jan 5th 2012

YOU'RE not real!

This is the correct response.

True story.

Sad story.

Jan 5th 2012 edited

Jan 5th 2012

Sometimes if I wake up before her in the morning, I'll just reach over and start grabbing things. That works, like, 20% of the time. But I have a difficult time with rejection, so I don't try it too often.

Jan 5th 2012 edited

So you're really liking Battlestar Galactica, huh? I thought so. But is it really better than fracking? See what I did there?

Sometimes if I wake up before her in the morning, I'll just reach over and start grabbing things.

That's hot.

Jan 5th 2012

A lot of factors have to be just right for me in order to plow in the morning. Basically, no obligations, and a chance to pee and get rid of morning breath. Sexy, right?

Jan 5th 2012

My wife said she felt and looked "all yucky" and wasn't feeling it, and suggested that we should watch the next episode of Battlestar Galactica instead (It's the new "I have a headache").

This would make me hate BSG even more than the finale did.

Jan 5th 2012

Anyone do any gardening at lunch? No kids around, not too late, not too early. I get back to work a few minutes late. But I always go back to work wearing my red shirt and black pants and giving high fives to everyone.

Jan 5th 2012

This would make me hate BSG even more than the finale did.

So Daoust shouldn't expect a happy ending from the show, either?

Jan 5th 2012

But is it really better than fracking?

Nice.

But I always go back to work wearing my red shirt and black pants and giving high fives to everyone.

Sometimes afterwards I feel that way for the whole day. It should be OK for us to do this.

Jan 5th 2012

Sometimes if I wake up before her in the morning, I'll just reach over and start grabbing things. That works, like, 20% of the time.

20% of the time, it works every time.

But is it really better than fracking? See what I did there?

I sure did. But we're in the gardening thread.

Basically, no obligations,

Party pooper. Obligations are fun! But yeah, I getcha.

and a chance to pee and get rid of morning breath.

Yeah, these would be standard if I was going to be doing that too. Actually come to think of it, if I've ever had morning sex, it would have been before we had kids, so I don't remember. We certainly haven't had it since. I consider myself a morning person, but even still I don't necessarily want to garden first thing in the morning usually. I'm okay to wait until after the dew lifts.

Jan 5th 2012

if I've ever had morning sex

This is the gardening thread! What are you doing bringing up sex? Pervert.

Just to clarify, when I said obligations, I was mostly thinking of the kid. There's nothing worse than starting to plow, and then hearing your young child leave his room.

Jan 5th 2012

What about hearing your mother-in-law leave the room? Personally, I don't mind if the dog stays but not on the bed.

Jan 5th 2012

What about hearing your mother-in-law leave the room?

Her room or your room?

Shudder and double shudder

Jan 5th 2012

There's nothing worse than starting to plow, and then hearing your young child leave his room.

Well, you're starting to plow, so it can't be the WORST thing ever.

Jan 5th 2012

What about hearing your mother-in-law leave the room?

Her room or your room?

Ben Stiller'd be into it. He's a-lookin' and he's a-likin'.

Jan 5th 2012

There's nothing worse than starting to plow, and then hearing your young child leave his room.

Yeah, there is. It's hearing your adult child leave his room. A young child can be fooled about what you were doing.

Jan 5th 2012

Touche.

Jan 5th 2012

My wife and I work opposite shifts, so weekend mornings are the best opportunity. Unfortunately, my daughter has a habit of waking up weekend mornings, grabbing her blanket and pillow, coming into our room, and sleeping at the foot of our bed.

Jan 5th 2012

and then hearing your young child leave his room.

I first read this as if the kid was in the room with you and you didn't know it until he left. Your way makes more sense.

Jan 5th 2012

LT, do you just not think about gardening at all? Is that something to be concerned about? I don't know...did you think about it before, and now...not?

I guess on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being not thinking about gardening at all and 10 being thinking about it all the time, I might be a 3. Or a 4. I have never been a wild gardener, so I'm not concerned about that. There has not been a precipitous drop-off in my gardening interest.

Sometimes if I wake up before her in the morning, I'll just reach over and start grabbing things.

This is what happened in my garden yesterday, which is part of what inspired me to post here. My gardening partner would have been in that 80% club. Not only was I not interested, but I was cold, and running late for work.

In well, I know that NONE of you are real. Otherwise, I would feel really uncomfortable talking about my gardening exploits with real people.

Jan 5th 2012

This is cool...it's like I can see what my wife is thinking by asking questions of this non-existent person on NA.

My gardening partner would have been in that 80% club. Not only was I not interested

C'mon! Who wouldn't want to be grabbed like that? I mean by me? Your husband sounds like a total perv.

Jan 5th 2012

Otherwise, I would feel really uncomfortable talking about my gardening exploits with real people.

So, if there were ever an NA reunion, would it be a little awkward looking around and thinking that you know more details about the gardening habits of these people than pretty much anyone else in the world? And that they knew your gardening habits just as well?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. >