Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
"I'm just sad the public school system failed him so badly": The Gardening Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. 33
  12. 34
  13. >
931 to 960 of 997
Jan 5th 2012

Personally, I'd be most embarrassed about my looks. I've mentioned my great hair a lot. I'd be afraid it wouldn't live up to the hype.

Jan 5th 2012 edited

So, if there were ever an NA reunion, would it be a little awkward looking around and thinking that you know more details about the gardening habits of these people than pretty much anyone else in the world? And that they knew your gardening habits just as well?

How do you know that we don't know the gardening habits of other people we actually do know just as well?

Also, is that the reason you (or others in the circle) are hesitant to share? Let me allay your fears, friend. The meet-up likely ain't happening. But, let me just say for the record, that I have spent over four years getting to know the fine people on this forum, and I would be so stoked to get the chance to meet anyone of them because I really do feel like I know them as close friends. I've shared more than just gardening details with these people. They know some of my biggest fears and worries. They know my biggest faults and flaws as a human being. But they also have congratulated me and shared in my joys and victories. They've shared in the birth of one of my children. They've taught me so much about life, and and culture, and American politics, and boobs, and about their own lives. Sure, the fact that we'll never meet up is partially the reason why I felt comfortable sharing some of the things I've shared, and I'm sure the same is true for them. But I also felt comfortable being honest about myself because I knew that the friends I've made in this group care about me, and have been honest with me in return.

So yeah, maybe they know a few intimate details about me, and maybe I know a few things about them. But that just means we're friends. And if I ever got the chance to meet up with any of them, the few details they've shared in this thread aren't likely to be the first thing I'd even be thinking about, or want to talk to them about.

In answer to your question, though,

So, if there were ever an NA reunion, would it be a little awkward looking around and thinking that you know more details about the gardening habits of these people than pretty much anyone else in the world? And that they knew your gardening habits just as well?

You can boil down the 30+ pages of this thread down to a few basic findings anyway, which are basically (suprise surprise) that we're all pretty similar in many ways as we relate to this topic in particular. Not to many of us expressed outlier opinions on the subject. Well, maybe a few people did. And maybe a few people didn't share because they felt they weren't in the norm. I don't know. Anyway, I don't think anyone revealed anything overly startling or abnormal here. So there's really nothing to feel awkward about. If Anque were here I'm sure she'd already have expressed this. Both this thread and I miss you, Anque.

Jan 5th 2012

But I also felt comfortable being honest about myself because I knew that the friends I've made in this group care about me, and have been honest with me in return.

Who's gonna have to be the one to tell him?

Jan 5th 2012

I know you'll volunteer if more than one of you offer.

Jan 5th 2012

Oh, you, uh...you saw that, huh? Nevermind. It's nothing.

Jan 5th 2012

Sometimes if I wake up before her in the morning, I'll just reach over and start grabbing things.

This is not an approach I would recommend.

Jan 5th 2012

First, ahem, hand experience?

Jan 5th 2012

Let's just say that 20% success rate sounds about right. The problem is that the other 80% of the time is not indifference.

Jan 5th 2012

Back on the road an in another hotel. My neighbors are pretty noisy tonight.

Jan 5th 2012

Watching MMA are they?

Jan 6th 2012

Indeed. They're spending quite a bit of time in The Octagon.

Jan 6th 2012

Back on the road an in another hotel. My neighbors are pretty noisy tonight.

This sounds like the lyrics of a song, LATP!

But yeah. How's life on the road treating you, otherwise?

Jan 6th 2012

They know my biggest faults and flaws as a human being

Being Canadian.

Jan 6th 2012

Wow. I'm going to finish that song and call it "No TV Loud Enough to Drown Out Your Love.".

Good, thanks. I feel like I'm getting the hang of my job. Even better, they sent me somewhere that I used to live, so I actually have people that I know and can hang out with on this trip.

How's your New Year thus far? I've been checking in every day (NA, not just this thread), but never write because I'm on a phone and I'm lazy. Also, congrats on the house!

Jan 11th 2012

My new paper towel roll has gardening quotes on it. Heh.

"Gardening is a way of showing you believe in tomorrow."

"No two gardens are the same."

These were clearly written by Chauncey Gardener.

Jan 11th 2012

So I felt really bad after the whole blow job discussion where I was oversharing and irritated some of you guys. I'm bad with the oversharing thing and often don't realize I'm coming off like an asshole until it's too late. I felt really awful for a while and took a break from posting because of how awful I felt. I really wasn't trying to be obnoxious, but I think I identify with Mater in Cars 2 a lot because I often find that my lack of filter makes me come off like a 12-year-old when I don't mean to. Anyway, I like y'all and it sucks to feel like I've made an asshole of myself around you guys. So, I apologize for it and I'll work on it.

Jan 11th 2012 edited

You offended someone? Seriously? That's ridiculous. Don't freaking read the thread if you don't want to be offended.

Jan 11th 2012

Yeah, unless someone contacted you privately, I don't know what you're talking about.

Jan 11th 2012

How was somebody offended that you did sex stuff? You're a grown, married woman. Do it. Do it all the time, and exclusively for all I care.

Well, not exclusively, because I don't want you not at NA. Do it 90% of the time. Post about it here the other 10%.

Oh, unless it was the husband who was offended...

Jan 11th 2012

I want to make it clear, that I was in no way offended whatsoever. I love to read all of your posts, Anque.

Jan 11th 2012

I also was not offended, and I'm glad to see you back, Anque.

Jan 11th 2012

Actually it was me who started the whole thing, Anque. Well, you mentioned something briefly and I took it and ran with it and others turned it into several pages of good times.

Jan 11th 2012 edited

Well, I'm glad I didn't offend you guys. But y'all have to tell me when I'm acting like a jackass. I mean it. I hate being a jackass when I don't mean to be.

Jan 11th 2012

You were being a jackass when you left because you assumed we were offended.

(How's that? I don't usually talk that way, even online.)

Jan 11th 2012

Toosie is what's awesome.

Jan 11th 2012 edited

You offended someone? Seriously? That's ridiculous. Don't freaking read the thread if you don't want to be offended. You did not come off sounding like an a-hole at all.

This.

Actually I was offended that you didn't take it to the pictures thread.

How's that for being a jackass? Now everyone else looks better by comparison.

Jan 11th 2012

I notice that DC hasn't said he wasn't offended! Busted!

(I'm still jealous that he was included on Daoust's smart team ahead of me)

Jan 11th 2012

Jinx, that's Daoust's list. Who cares? Let it go. He's not even American.

Jan 11th 2012

That's right...he must be looking at their IQ scores in metric.

Jan 11th 2012

(How's that?

Exactly what I was looking for. Bring on the jackass! Except not the movie. The other kind of jackass. Except not the donkey. You know what I mean. Bring it.

  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. 33
  12. 34
  13. >
931 to 960 of 997
Top of PageBack to discussions