Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
"I'm just sad the public school system failed him so badly": The Gardening Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. 33
  12. 34
  13. >
991 to 996 of 996
Jan 18th 2012

Well, your little cottage might like some gardening.

Jan 18th 2012

Sometimes little cottages have room for more gardening.

Jan 18th 2012

With the right amount of precipitation, of course.

Jan 18th 2012

And elbow grease.

Jan 19th 2012

You can also make cheese there.

Wait. Did I ruin it?

Jul 9th 2017

I'll light up this old thread. I was outside looking at my container garden, which is actually thriving! I've got oregano, lavender, sage, basil, strawberries, cilantro, marjoram, rosemary, savory, and two each of thyme, chives, tomatoes, and spearmint growing in their terra cotta pots situated on every inch of the railing on my balcony. I've never kept a garden this big or this successful and have been enjoying my herbs and a couple of strawberries, while religiously monitoring the growth of at least three actual, small green tomatoes! I water (almost) daily and talk encouragingly to my plants.

Today I was looking at the two mint plants and how nicely they're thriving and thought back to when I was about seven and used to steal and eat mint leaves from the neighbor's backyard. To get to their mint plants, I had to hop the fence separating our yards, walk through their yard cautiously in case the German Shepherd, Aries, was out. Then I had to sneak a few stalks of the mint and run back and hop over the fence. I did this perhaps weekly through the spring and summer. One day, I failed to notice Aries sleeping in the grass before hopping over the fence. I began the trek through what seemed to be a very large backyard, like enough to partition into a separate lot and build a house on which would also have a large backyard. It always took forever, it seemed, to make it all the way to where the vibrant green leaves beckoned. Suddenly, Aries woke up, saw me, and jumped up to give chase. I ran as fast as I could back to the fence, with Aries hot on my heels, barking and I'm sure slavering all over his deadly-sharp teeth that wanted nothing more than to tear into my tender young second-grade flesh. I made it to my fence and rather than climbing, I managed to leap high enough to grab the top, somersault my way over and land hard in my own backyard. Aries had not caught me, but I did not emerge unscathed as I had a large scratch from the fence from sternum to belly button.

I never stole mint from the neighbors' yard again.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. 33
  12. 34