Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.03 The Promotion
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 137
Sep 28th 2009
  • Season 6 : Episode 3
  • First aired on October 1, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

THE RECESSION HITS DUNDER MIFFLIN -- David Wallace (Andy Buckley) breaks the bad news that not everyone will get a raise this year. Dwight (Rainn Wilson) reaches his breaking point with Jim (John Krasinski) and looks to the rest of the office for allies. Pam (Jenna Fischer) would like cash instead of wedding gifts. Steve Carell, Ed Helms, Paul Lieberstein, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Ellie Kemper also star.

Sep 28th 2009

First. Also, cool! Tension!

Sep 28th 2009

So we all know from past episodes that the Scranton kids don't really like Jim in charge...anyone think we're going to see Jim opening up a can of whoopass in this episode?

Sep 28th 2009

As much as I'd like to see it, I just don't think Jim is the whoopass type.

Sep 28th 2009

Nope. Roy, he is not.

Sep 28th 2009

Pam would like cash instead of wedding gifts.

This is going to be good. I wonder if she'll get a Schrute buck tied to a raccoon.

Sep 28th 2009

I'd like to see Jim break out some whoopass. Not the Roy type of whoopass, but the Jim kind that I like.

Sep 28th 2009

Maybe Jim could inquire why Scranton needs three accountants?

Sep 28th 2009

Good point.

Sep 28th 2009

Or why they need a local HR rep for 20 people.

Sep 28th 2009

Because of Michael.

Sep 28th 2009

Or why they don't have a local IT guy for 20 people. They could bring back the guy with the funny hat. I liked him.

Sep 28th 2009 edited

First. Also, cool! Tension!

(really long karate kick to the head by big fat hovering pregnant lady a la Fruit By The Foot)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Sep 28th 2009

Okay, that is outstanding.

Sep 28th 2009

I'm just nervous that they're going to keep making Jim the bumbling idiot when it comes to managing. Not only would that be slightly unrealistic, but it would completely negate the promotion in the first place, thus setting the Jim storyline back to nothing.

Sep 29th 2009

Anque, you made a kick to the head fun, which it almost never is.

They could bring back the guy with the funny hat. I liked him.

Not a terrorist.

Sep 29th 2009

Not a terrorist.

Are you sure? They don't have Carson in his land.

Sep 29th 2009

I'm just nervous that they're going to keep making Jim the bumbling idiot when it comes to managing

I don't think they'll make him an idiot, I just think most people are going to hate him. He's one of the young ones of the office, and a lot of them have probably worked there longer than Jim has, so of course a lot of people are going to hate him. I think he'll do something that'll gain their respect...eventually. And that's what I meant by him opening up a can of whoop ass. Jim Halpert style...

Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens. I thought it was a smart move for the writers to give him this co-manager job. I always thought he'd just be an Ass. Man. till the series finale...

Sep 29th 2009

Lol ass man. Does this make Dwight Assistant to the Co Manager.

Sep 29th 2009

He'll be the best Ass Man since Harry Tang joined the CIA.

Sep 29th 2009

That makes Dwight the Ass to the co-managers...

Sep 29th 2009

Anque, you made a kick to the head fun, which it almost never is.

That commercial makes me laugh. I've discovered that I find certain kinds of violence very funny. I blame/thank Chuck Jones for that.

Sep 29th 2009

He'll be the best Ass Man since Harry Tang joined the CIA.

When evildoers go to sleep at night, all they're gonna see is Tang in their face!

Sep 30th 2009

Nice!

Oct 1st 2009

Twenty-fifth!

Hi, Anque!

Oct 1st 2009 edited

Hi, Anque!

What's the idea?! Sit down!

Oct 1st 2009

I, too, would like a toaster full of cash.

Oct 1st 2009

Dear Friends,

Yay Jim has an Office. I don't think we have ever seen that side of the room before. Why didn't Dwight use it when he was promoted to head of the medical plan choosing?

Kelly is totally right Lauren Conrad is totally better than Heidi Montag

Boyhangover

Oct 1st 2009

"To Love's Eternal Glory"

Best line ever! Okay, hyperbole, but still. Sooooo funny!

Oct 1st 2009

Dear Friends,

OMG Creed and Meredith had sex at some point. Is that what that scene meant? What is Meredith's job? Creed is QC/QA Angela Kevin and Oscar are Accountants, Pam, Andy, Phylis, Dwight, and Stanley are Salesmen, Kelly is customer service, Toby is Personnel. Erin is reception and Ryan is a temp wtf is Meredith?

Jim's an idiot. He should have never done it like that. You don't announce in front of the whole office that the sales men are getting a raise and no one else is of course it is going to piss people off.

Boyhangover

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 137
Top of PageBack to discussions