Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.03 The Promotion
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
121 to 137 of 137
Oct 5th 2009

Hulu.

Oct 5th 2009

I can never see them at the broadcast timeslot because of choir practice. So Madge and I always watch them together when she gets to DBQ the next day. But this weekend was too hectic and we never got the chance.

So I'm still waiting.

Oct 5th 2009

Dear MTT

Wear a coconut bikini and a grass skirt while you are doing it.

Boyhangover

Oct 5th 2009

My Dearest Boyhangover,

I'll take that suggestion under advisement if you will do two things:

1) Master 'Markdown'

2) Stop constructing your posts as if they were formal business letters.

Your Obedient Servant,

mtt

Oct 5th 2009

What does markdown have to do with it?

Oct 5th 2009

That's what Tina Turner said, before she got the lyrics right.

Oct 5th 2009

That was really good. But seriously, why do I have to master markdown?

Oct 5th 2009 edited

We're used to posts being posted in Markdown format

1) one '*' before and one after the text for italics

2) two '**' before and two after the text for boldface

3) italics being used for book/movie/TV show titles

4) bold being used for other NAers

And so forth. It would make your posts easier for us to read and (if this is a goal of yours) help you fit in better with the community.

Oct 5th 2009 edited

We like to boldface each other's names, like this:

more than that

Oct 5th 2009 edited

Now, now, Linus...my ego's not

that

big!

Oct 5th 2009

No but your faux pas was twice that size so it evens out.

Oct 6th 2009 edited

Danka, mtt. In my hormonal 9 month pregnant state, I've been trying (although I'm sure it doesn't seem like it) to keep my bitching to a minimum. I like Boyhangover, but have been skipping the posts because their format breaks up the flow of conversation for me. It's like hitting a forum speedbump. Plus, because they are all addressed to someone specific, I don't feel inclined to read it or join in on the conversation, because it seems like intruding.

So, anyway, thank you for the gentle nudge, mtt, that would have been a prosecutable offense had I undertaken it.

Boyhangover, he's not picking on you. He's trying to help. I promise.

Oct 6th 2009

Now, now, Linus...my ego's not that

big!

Soo.. "more than that" is actually a reference to your wang?

Oct 6th 2009

While we're on the subject of Markdown, can someone advise me how to quote another post? Every other forum I read is "powered by vBulletin", so I don't have a whole lot of experience with Markdown.

Oct 6th 2009

While we're on the subject of Markdown, can someone advise me how to quote another post? Every other forum I read is "powered by vBulletin", so I don't have a whole lot of experience with Markdown.

Put one of these: ">", minus the quotation marks before the post. And a space, of course.

Oct 6th 2009

The Markdown link above the comment box is a helpful resource.

Oct 6th 2009

So, anyway, thank you for the gentle nudge, mtt, that would have been a prosecutable offense had I undertaken it.

Yeah. I tried to say something the other day, but I felt it was coming across as too bitchy, so I didn't.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
121 to 137 of 137
Top of PageBack to discussions