Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.05 Mafia
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 228
Oct 11th 2009
  • Season 6 : Episode 5
  • First aired on October 15, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

A MAN IN THE MAFIA?—Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) meets with an insurance salesman that visits the office and is later convinced by Dwight (Rainn Wilson) and Andy (Ed Helms) that he is part of the mafia. Erin (Ellie Kemper) accidentally ruins Pam's (Jenna Fischer) painting. John Krasinski, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein and B.J. Novak also star.

Oct 11th 2009

Michael getting involved with the Mafia (or so he thinks)? It's going to be interesting to say the least....

and Erin ruins Pam's painting??? It's Pam's art show all over again

Oct 11th 2009

A painting Pam did or just one she owns? Because if she ruins Michael's painting of them there needs to be absolute hell to pay.

Oct 11th 2009

I will be crushed if it's the one that Michael bought in Business School. I'm afraid I need to be prepared to be crushed.

Oct 11th 2009

I'm afraid I need to be prepared to be crushed.

This is my fear as well. Hopefully Pam is happy enough about getting married that she doesn't put Erin through the shredder.

Oct 11th 2009 edited

Am I the only one that's not really that into Erin? Because, she seems like a non-entity to me. She doesn't really add anything to the show. She's very bland and I can't see anything interesting about her. I can tell they're going to pair her up with Andy and I doubt I will care very much about them as a couple. And, yes, I am PMSing pretty badly.

eta Michael will kill her if she ruins Pam's painting.

Oct 11th 2009

Madge, I've never really gotten into Erin, so you're not the only one. Lately, it just seems like she's trying to hard. I don't know what it is, really.

Oct 11th 2009

I agree. Erin is not much of an addition.

Oct 11th 2009

Thirded. Or fourthed, I don't know. She's a non-entity to me.

Oct 11th 2009 edited

She doesn't really add anything to the show.

What she adds is a different perspective, someone in the office who hasn't been beaten down by her job, someone who has a fun and upbeat attitude and tries to make the best of being there. The first few weeks she was on I would have agreed with you, but since Cafe Disco I've been a fan.

Oct 11th 2009

I enjoy her presence. She's definitely a kind of background character. I don't know how much they can do with her the way she's presented. If she ruins Pam's painting, it has to be an accident because she seems incapable of bad intentions. As for her and Andy, it's just weird.

I was about to say there has to be at least a 15 year age difference. But I looked it up and they're only six years apart in real life. How is that possible?

Oct 11th 2009

I don't know, I'd do her.

Oct 11th 2009

She'd make it nice and dry, just how you like it.

Oct 11th 2009

What?

Oct 11th 2009

Sorry. A reference to this.

Oct 11th 2009

Yikes.

Oct 11th 2009 edited

I've have to guess the painting she ruins is the one that hangs on the wall.

eta: wouldn't it be funny if this was season 3 episode 6?

Oct 11th 2009

She'd make it nice and dry, just how you like it.

Niice.

Oct 11th 2009

I like Erin but I don't want to see her and Andy as a couple. I'd rather him and Kelly got together. I too assume the painting that hangs on the wall gets damaged in some sort of an accident and not on purpose. It's too unbelievable otherwise.

Oct 12th 2009

You guys are horrible people.

Kidding obviously lol. But how could anyone NOT like Ellie Kemper/Erin?? She is still new, remember Angela and Kevin..etc from early Season 1? They were not developed and didn't really have any point. Now they are both fixtures in the show, have some faith that her character will develop. Also it looks like they are setting her up as a new BFF for Kelly, which makes me laugh just thinking about it. Two Kelly type people together? Yes please. I could see some funny stories about them making over people in the office or something...just imagine Michael, Dwight, or Andy with braided hair and nail polish..comedy gold.

Plus it is nice just to have a character in the show besides Michael who has actual enthusiasm about being there. Also I think her and Andy go great together, Andy and Kelly is just weird to me. A mentally 14 year old girl and an almost 40 year old dude creeps me out beyond belief. Erin at least shows real moments of intelligence and maturity, unlike Kelly...which makes it much better for me. Not to say I don't like Kelly..she is one of my favorite characters.

Oct 12th 2009 edited

They haven't done much to involve Erin in the show so far, but since she's only been there for 10 episodes with a lot of important stuff going on, I'm willing to cut them some slack. Although I don't think I'm going to enjoy Andy/Erin much more than Andy/Angela.

Although I don't think I'm going to enjoy Andy/Erin much more than Andy/Angela.

I was so very right.

Oct 12th 2009 edited

One thing Erin does that's funny is make her face go from mega-smiling to horror and disgust in an instant, like when Michael asked if he could sleep in her room in Niagara.

She's nice to have because she's still a little afraid of Michael, and horrified at some of the things he does.

Oct 12th 2009

This "lol" thing . . . I think you must be "literally" loling as opposed to literally loling.

Oct 12th 2009

I don't much care about her either way. I think she's an interesting background character, but she hasn't been fleshed out much. She's empty-headed and overly-enthusiastic about everything, that's about all that's been established. Of course she'd make a great match with Kelly. Kelly has lots of good gossip to fill that empty head with. I'm not adverse to the Andy/Erin pairing only because he needs someone who is blindly enthusiastic so that he doesn't get used.

Oct 12th 2009

She is pretty close to the age of his last gf anyways.

Oct 12th 2009

I want to like Erin, but so far she seems so generic Cute Quirky Girl. If she develops as a character, I might like her with Andy, but what I really don't want to see is, "Hey, the fans sure do like Andy! Let's give him a Cute Quirky Girl who magically doesn't notice or care that he is mentally ill! That will make'em happy!" It wouldn't.

Oct 12th 2009

Erin is (as was kinda displayed in Niagara) a naive, kind version of Kelly.

Oct 12th 2009

She is pretty close to the age of his last gf anyways.

What I find interesting is that in real life the actress who plays her is 29.

Oct 12th 2009

Wow she doesn't look that age at all. She looks closer to my seventeen year old.

Oct 12th 2009

What I find interesting is that in real life the actress who plays her is 29.

And Ed Helms is 35. But Andy gives me a 40 vibe, while Erin seems 22 or 23.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 228
Top of PageBack to discussions