Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.08 Double Date
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 216
Oct 31st 2009
  • Season 6 : Episode 8
  • First aired on November 5, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

PAM AND JIM ARE FORCED TO GO ON AN UNCOMFORTABLE DOUBLE DATE— LINDA PURL GUEST STARS-- Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fischer) are out of excuses so they have no choice but to go out with Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) and Helene (guest star Linda Purl). Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) is strangely doing nice things for everyone in the office. Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein, B.J. Novak and Ellie Kemper also star.

Special thanks to DwightfromtheFuture for covering for me last week.

Oct 31st 2009

This could be good. I liked Angry Pam last week, by the way.

Oct 31st 2009

I did too.

Nov 1st 2009

Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fischer) are out of excuses so they have no choice but to go out with Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) and Helene (guest star Linda Purl).

This sure rungs a bell. Wonder if there'll be a condo tour.

Nov 1st 2009

So when I read this on my TV guide, I definitely thought they were airing a repeat of Dinner Party for a second.

Nov 1st 2009

In all fairness a double date isn't really the same thing as a dinner party. Now you could say that they have done this before when Pam Ryan Kelly and the cartoonist went out or when Jim and Pam went to lunch with Bob and Phyllis..

It is alike how they "run out of excuses" but that will always be the case when Michael convinces someone to go anywhere with them, because they have no more excuses lol. Poor Michael..

Plus the big difference here is that Michael and Pam's mom are probably happy together. Which should make it different enough from the thing with Jan. Dunno but I hate waiting for thursdays =/

Nov 1st 2009

I just hope this episode is as awkward as the description suggests.

Nov 2nd 2009

You can not have an episode like this. You had an episode like this in the fourth season.

Comic Book Guy.

This can go two ways, either it provides insight as to why Pam's mom would date Michael, or it features people screeching unpleasantly at each other for 20 minutes. I'm hoping for the former but expecting more of the latter.

Nov 2nd 2009

You can not have an episode like this. You had an episode like this in the fourth season. thahank yew. Comic Book Guy.

You have to have the thahank yew.

Nov 2nd 2009

Well at least we know Pam won't get drunk and make a scene again.

But let's hope Michael does.

Nov 2nd 2009

It would be awesome if Mama Pam starts yelling at Daughter Pam for her past relationship with Michael and tells her to stay away from him.

Nov 2nd 2009

And if they constantly refer to each other as "Babe" with a simmering undercurrent of spite.

Nov 2nd 2009

And if Angela shows up to side with Pam's mom.

Nov 2nd 2009

I remember last week when everyone was complaining about Michael falling into the Koi Pond before they saw it, saying it was too much like driving into the lake. Then they loved it..

Just sayin..

Nov 2nd 2009 edited

Then they loved it..

Love is a battlefield, a long road, all around you, but mostly, it's a strong word to use in this context, and not one that I agree with. Therefore I must not be 'they'.

Nov 2nd 2009

Then they loved it.

I found the whole business baffling.

Nov 2nd 2009

I did not love it. I did not love driving into a lake, either.

Nov 2nd 2009 edited

Put me down in the "Not loving it" camp. At all.

Nov 2nd 2009

I love how they didn't let a stupid idea ruin a good episode.

Nov 2nd 2009 edited

I should clarify, however, that I'm not in the 'hated it' camp either. I think it was handled much better than the driving into the lake thing. The truth is that Michael falling into a koi pond is marginally more believable than Michael driving into a lake because his car told him to, and because it is marginally more believable, I didn't hate it as much.

Nov 2nd 2009

I've found I can tolerate "Michael does something so stupid you wonder how he survives" if it's contained within the office. Moving him out into the world and him doing the same things almost always strikes me the wrong way.

Nov 2nd 2009

Michael falling into a koi pond was not something I found unbelievable. I just didn't really understand what the big deal was at any point in that story. I mean, seeing it would be funny. I'll grant that. It being a topic of conversation for more than thirty seconds, that I found confusing.

Nov 2nd 2009

Oh well, I just think it is silly to bad mouth an episode before you have seen it. I think the Office has earned more trust than that. Kind of like Jesus...sure I could complain about how long it is taking him to write that sequel to the bible, but I am sure he is just adding more unicorns or something.

Nov 2nd 2009

Every time I see this episode title, I read it as "Double Dare." And then I think of Marc Sommers. Anyone else? No? Just me?

Nov 2nd 2009

Oh well, I just think it is silly to bad mouth an episode before you have seen it.

Then why are we here?

sure I could complain about how long it is taking him to write that sequel to the bible, but I am sure he is just adding more unicorns or something.

I like your thinking.

Nov 2nd 2009

"Then why are we here?"

I have to admit, you make an excellent point.

Nov 2nd 2009

Marc Sommers.

A little bit.

Nov 2nd 2009

I think the Office has earned more trust than that.

And blew it in the fourth and fifth seasons.

Nov 2nd 2009

Every time I see this episode title, I read it as "Double Dare." And then I think of Marc Sommers. Anyone else? No? Just me?

So Pam, Jim, Michael and Pam's mom make it to the Obstacle Course. However, Pam is not able to get the last flag out of the giant nose before time runs out.

Yeah, I'd watch that.

Nov 2nd 2009

So Pam, Jim, Michael and Pam's mom make it to the Obstacle Course. However, Pam is not able to get the last flag out of the giant nose before time runs out.

Can we be friends?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 216