Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.09 Murder
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 131
Nov 7th 2009
  • Season 6 : Episode 9
  • First aired on November 12, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MURDER SHE WROTE—Michael’s (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) world is rocked by troubling rumors about Dunder Mifflin. He forces the office into a day of strange diversions, upsetting Jim (John Krasinski) and leading others to wonder if Michael has gone insane. Meanwhile, Andy (Ed Helms) finds that his chief obstacle in courting Erin (Ellie Kemper) is his own awkwardness. Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein and B.J. Novak also star.

Nov 7th 2009

Don't know about the main plot...sounds kinda strange. But I'm glad we'll finally see Andy upping the ante on Erin.

Nov 7th 2009

Yeah, I don't know what to think about this one.

Nov 7th 2009

Maybe we'll get someone to smile on this one.

Nov 8th 2009

and leading others to wonder if Michael has gone insane.

Doesn't this happen in nearly every episode?

Nov 9th 2009

Erin.

I would plow her.

Nov 9th 2009

hahaha

Nov 9th 2009

Sounds like Mafia. Michael thinks something is much bigger and darker than it is. Hilariousness (or annoyingness) insues.

I hope I'm wrong.

Nov 11th 2009

He forces the office into a day of strange diversions, upsetting Jim

I saw this episode.

Nov 11th 2009

I saw this episode.

I'd like to see an episode where Michael does something that involves his new position rather than just disrupt the Scranton office.

Nov 11th 2009

He could co-disrupt the office with Jim.

Nov 11th 2009

Now we are getting some original plot ideas. Way to go NA. I like where this is heading.

Nov 12th 2009

Is anyone excited about this episode? Anyone? Buehler?

Nov 12th 2009

I've decided not to prejudge so as not to be let down.

Nov 12th 2009

I didn't forget it was Thursday. Does that count?

Nov 12th 2009

Crazy world. Lotta smells.

Nov 12th 2009

I'm not sure what to make of all the faux-Southern accents and mannerisms. Is it parody? If so, is it a parody of Southerners or a parody of the characters willing to buy into stereotypes?

Nov 12th 2009

I am laughing a lot at this episode. A lot. Very good. Very Season 2 feel to this one. It's like Diversity Day Redux.

Nov 12th 2009 edited

Except not. Let's not go crazy with the comparisons. It's funny and catches some of the former tone, and it leaves me interested to see what happens.

Nov 12th 2009

They rediscovered something they'd lost, something about balancing the implausible with the grounded or something. It's not the best ever. It's just good. They're chasing a feeling.

Nov 12th 2009

I just said feel. That's all.

I think that was a hilarious episode. A few of the characters (read: Pam) were a bit out of character and cartoony, but my expectations were low, so...

I am pretty content with this one.

Nov 12th 2009

Wow. Possibly my favorite episode of the series. Whoever wrote and directed this episode needs to lead more often.

Nov 12th 2009

Erin.

Yeah.

There's something good there. And I don't even mean in a pervy way.

But that too a little.

Nov 12th 2009

Thoughts:

• I liked it, reminded me of Office Olympics to some extent, only replace Jim with Michael as the driving force behind the game. And replace Michael with Jim as the guy who needed the cheering up at the end.

• Overall, interesting set up to what could be a really intense story arc for the company as a whole.

• Epic face-palm at Andy's office romance blunder there. I hate to say it, but I too would have back-peddled that quickly at the first (perceived) sign of "shut-downage". Hope Andy can put things on the mend with Erin, I'm rootin' for the guy!

• Improv'd "Mexican standoffs" are hilarious.

• I do declare...

Nov 12th 2009

Loved it! I was so happy to see Pam playing along with Michael. It's been a while.

The tag was definitely the best part, in my opinion. I don't know when I've laughed so hard.

Nov 12th 2009

So the little voice in my head telling me that they are going to do a story about Pam leaving just got really loud. Normally I might not be too concerned, but they did this story last year. Unless Jenna Fischer is leaving the show which would be way worse. Otherwise not a bad episode. Michael understanding the situation better than Jim was a nice touch. How they resolve this actually has me interested. Also, I want Andy's tie.

Nov 12th 2009

I didn't LOL very much but it was a good episode. I feel like it's a lot of stuff we've seen before - Jim's trying too hard to be serious manager guy, Michael acts crazy but there's a method to his madness, I get it already. The game did look like fun to play. I am VERY interested to see what they do with this Dunder Mifflin in trouble story line, it has a lot of potential so I hope they do something good with it. The tag was fantastic. I think Dwight was Joe, Michael was Nice Guy Eddie, and Andy was Mr. Pink.

Nov 12th 2009

And Pam was Harvey Keitel.

Nov 12th 2009 edited

Wow. Possibly my favorite episode of the series. Whoever wrote and directed this episode needs to lead more often.

Written by Danny Chun (his first episode), and Directed by Greg Daniels.

Also, I must re-create Tube City.

Nov 12th 2009

Directed by Greg Daniels.

That surprised me a little bit. Is he spending more time with the mothership this year?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 131
Top of PageBack to discussions