Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
The Office (mafia game) - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 28
  12. >
1 to 30 of 830
Nov 15th 2009 edited

The Office

Mafia Game

This OP will be updated throughout the game to reflect the characters that are claimed by each player, and to keep track of which players are eliminated.

Cast of Characters

1. KarenM--was Ryan: Town Miller--FIRED
  2. Anque (claims Pam)
  3. DftF--was Dwight Shrute: Town Cop--FIRED
  4. Toosie--was David Wallace: mafia Godfather--RESIGNED
  5. lem (claims Roy)
  6. DC (claims Meredith)
  7. AMJ--was Todd Packer: Survivor--FIRED
  8. Daoust (claims Michae)
  9. CZ-J (claims Jim)
  10. LATP (claims Phyllis)
  11. KT--was Kevin: VT--FIRED

Sequence of Events
Day 1 begins at post 51

A full introduction to what mafia is, and how to play can be found in this thread.

while this flash file has examples of all the traditional mafia roles. It is well worth checking out, maybe once before you play and once after the game has started.

Rules for this particular game

• You must post at least one substantial post in the game each game-day. But the more you post the more fun the game will be.
  • You may not edit your posts under any circumstances. So make sure you get the hang of this markdown syntax before posting anything complicated.
  • You may not quote anything I send to you in an email, in particular your role message. Instead you should paraphrase it.
  • I will judge how long the days should last depending on the activity level of the board, but once I set a deadline I will keep to it.
  • When voting for a player, only bold votes will count. eg.

vote: alexbutterfield

• You should submit night actions to

alexjbutterfield(at)gmail.com

Nov 15th 2009
  1. KarenM

(Hi, Alex! Thank you!)

Nov 16th 2009 edited

Saved for later.

Nov 16th 2009

So I found your sign-up list and added it. Next step is to send me an email and I will send out your role. You should keep this role secret until the game begins, and even then, only reveal it if sufficiently pressured for information about who your character is. (of course, if you are a bad guy you can lie about who you are)

So, send me those emails, the sooner I get them, the sooner we can start.

Nov 16th 2009 edited

Who is KT?

Also

night actions

Aka, what Bob Seeger was orignally going to call his famous song, but changed it at the last minute.

Nov 16th 2009

I am KT, hello! I am a friend of Karen and Alex's and I've played mafia with both on other forums. I'm going to play the game with everyone as an "experienced" player, just to answer questions as we go or give advice or just keep things going.

Nov 16th 2009

Welcome, KT!

Nov 16th 2009

KT is someone who will be joining the board to play the game. She watches the show. She'll be able to keep up!

The rules seem really confusing, but once you start playing it's not. And if you have questions about what's going on in the game, the format allows you just to ask.

Everyone send an email! Sign up for a new one just for this game if you want. You won't get a ton of messages, though, so inbox clutter is not an issue.

Nov 16th 2009

I will not share your email addresses with anyone, no need to worry about that.

Those who get given a bad guy role I will invite to a google group so you can discuss privately behind the scenes.

Nov 16th 2009

The rules seem really confusing, but once you start playing it's not. And if you have questions about what's going on in the game, the format allows you just to ask.

I hope so because I think I'm already lost. Because of old.

Nov 16th 2009

I looked it up on wikipedia. That made it more confusing.

But it was interesting to find out that I could play Mafia in my classroom with my students. That might be fun. If I could get through explaining it to them.

Nov 16th 2009

its really simple. the good guys have to find out the bad guys, the bad guys have to pretend to be good.

the whole game is just a conversation with votes used to force people to answer your questions.

Nov 16th 2009

so I'm just waiting for emails from

DftF Anque Vampiric Germ AMJ

Nov 16th 2009

Call the slackers out, al.

Nov 16th 2009

I'm kinda busy today, won't have time to familiarize myself with the rules till after class -- about 9 PM EST.

Nov 16th 2009

Mafia is one of those games that seems complicated if you just try to read about it, but once you play through a game it becomes a lot easier to understand. When the game starts, I can go through some ways to get a game started.

I don't really know anyone so while we're waiting maybe you can think about who is the worst liar in this group. We'll probably want to pick on them first. ;)

Nov 16th 2009

Well, since I am actually a 12 year old girl, I must be the best liar here.

Nov 16th 2009

Well, since I am actually a 12 year old girl, I must be the best liar here.

What? I've known that all along.

Nov 16th 2009

Ha! Fooled you again. I'm actually the Dali Lama.

Nov 16th 2009

Wow! I never saw that coming! You really are the best liar.

Nov 16th 2009

Your pants are on fire, DC.

Nov 16th 2009

I have an ointment for that.

Nov 16th 2009

Because of old?

Nov 16th 2009

Does anyone else think it's strange that Karen was able to make 2 other internet people just appear here so easily? I could say I was going to bring 2 new friends into our community, but I'd just be making 2 aliases and they'd really be me.

Actually, we don't have any proof that they aren't just Karen goofing around. And I really don't have any proof that I'm not just talking to one maniac with multiple-personality disorder pretending to be 30 or 40 different people. I guess he wouldn't be "pretending" though. The way I understand it, he'd really think he was all 3 dozen people in one body.

Whoa.

Nov 16th 2009

I just meant it's weird that we (possibly) have 2 new people all at once. And they aren't even lurkers. They just dove right in.

Nov 16th 2009

ask me a personal question about karen and then when I don't know the answer you'll have your proof. I think that's how science works.

Nov 16th 2009

I think that's how science works.

DC, can we get a ruling?

Nov 16th 2009

Save it for the game, people. You don't want to wear yourselves out. And can we put the slackers on the spot yet? Who's holding us up? I preparatorily cracked my knuckles and rolled up my sleeves like three hours ago.

Nov 16th 2009

I think we should call the slackers out.

Hey, we're almost to the second page.

Nov 16th 2009

some more naming and shaming.

still waiting on DwightfromtheFuture, Anque, and Vampiric Germ to send me their email address.

alexjbutterfield(at)gmail.com

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 28