Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
The Greatest Day of All Time, Part 2: Yankee Swap/Nasty Christmas/Homemade Oven Mitt Exchange, 2009
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 187
Nov 22nd 2009

Anyone up for a Yankee Swap this year? Last year we actually did a post-Christmas exchange, which was nice, and everything had to be stuff you already had at home but were not using, which was fun (I still have my Star Wars Chewy mug on my desk at school). We can keep that theme or go in another direction, if you want. If enough people are up for it, I can set up a poll to decide what exactly we're going to do and when. Post your ideas here!

Nov 22nd 2009

I like the make it or share something you already have thing. Especially with the caliber of gifts that Little Anque has been getting!

Nov 22nd 2009

I'm down. Although I may have given all my good crap away to Post-It Theif last Christmas, so maybe I'll make something, or send a nice photo. Anyway, I'm in.

Nov 22nd 2009

I'm new but I still wanna play!

Nov 22nd 2009

That's what bubblewrap cast said.

Nov 22nd 2009

I'm in! I love the already-have aspect, which is why I am in. I am flexible on the dates.

Nov 22nd 2009

I'm in, too.

Nov 22nd 2009

I would like to participate this year after hearing about all the fun that went down last year.

Nov 22nd 2009

In!

Nov 23rd 2009

Ok, I'm in.

And I like the "crap-you-have" idea.

Nov 23rd 2009

It's not to be taken literally, Toos.

Nov 23rd 2009

I'm also in. And I have crap.

I thought we did it before Christmas last year. I even remember taking a poll.

Nov 23rd 2009

All I have is crap.

Nov 23rd 2009

I watched a show last year that warned you how not to be a target of thieves, and they talked about all the things that were on the "most-stealable" list. I realized that I have none of that stuff. We don't have the newest electronics, we have no fine art, no guns, no real jewelry, no gold, no collectibles, no fine silverware, no fancy cars or tools. Yet, our house really is nice. It's not full of crap. People are seriously in awe when they walk through, because of my wife's great decorating skills and the character of our house. We just don't have anything you'd want to steal.

Nov 23rd 2009 edited

I remember you posting this, Jinx. Maybe it was this part:

because of my wife's great decorating skills

No one here speaks of their spouse in such consistently glowing terms. It's pretty cool.

ps: I'm in, LT, and thanks for getting things going again this year.

Nov 28th 2009

I'm not trying to steal LT's thunder or anything, but I just found some stuff that I think would be totally awesome to send out as a gift, and I got all excited about it. I am happy to coordinate names and addresses if our fearless gift leader decides not to, but I respect that it's her party first.

I love crap like this.

Nov 28th 2009

I'm in!

Nov 29th 2009

I'm in! Let's do a Yankee swap! How's December 21st (a Monday) for the due date for gifts to arrive at their destinations? I can do the name draw this week if everyone wants to e-mail me their real names and addresses, and I'll get the info. out to everyone.

Nov 29th 2009

You still have my info, right?

Nov 29th 2009

Yep, I do.

Nov 29th 2009

December 21 sounds doable to me.

Nov 29th 2009

That's what she said!

Nov 30th 2009

Sent my info. Sounds like a good deadline and great idea.

Nov 30th 2009

You've got my info, right LT?

Nov 30th 2009

Sent mine in as well.

Nov 30th 2009

Me too.

Nov 30th 2009

Yo tambien.

Nov 30th 2009

Likewise.

Nov 30th 2009

Have I mentioned it's nice to see you back here, LATP? Because it is.

Nov 30th 2009

Why, thank you! I wish I could be here more often.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 187
Top of PageBack to discussions