Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
HARRY POTTER (MAFIA) - game over MAFIA WIN
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19
  13. >
541 to 563 of 563
Jan 8th 2010

But wait, how did you Mafiosos know to claim the roles you did?

Jan 8th 2010

There were a lot to choose from. We just guessed.

Jan 8th 2010

I will now resume my usual good sportsmanship and say "good game!" to everyone. It was a lot of fun to be a part of, and also terrifying, because everyone was so perceptive and astute.

Mostly, I was excited to see we made it through the long haul. Everyday, when I logged on, I was sure that I'd be lynched and amazed when I wasn't.

Jan 8th 2010

Alex, thank you for modding the game. Your format was great, mixing up primary and secondary characters so it was really challenging. I never did figure out the pattern.

Jan 8th 2010

I second that thanks.

Madge and KarenM, thanks! That was a hoot. Karen kind of had to lead us through the process, as we didn't really know what we were doing, but when it comes down to it, Team Voldemort pulls out the victory! Thanks to all of the townies as well. I tried to be more involved this time, but was still kind of scared to let a piece of info slip that I shouldn't (for example, I accidentally posted the number of mafia early in the game). The pattern seems pretty obvious in retrospect, but we couldn't make heads or tails of it. My favorite part was killing (I think) lem on the first night, and by dumb luck she was the doc! Awesome. Anyway, it was fun to see the game from another side. I'm down with playing again anytime.

Jan 8th 2010 edited

My favorite part was killing (I think) lem on the first night, and by dumb luck she was the doc!

I think you mean bc. I had no powers.

Jan 8th 2010

I think you mean me! I was the doc.

Jan 8th 2010

Shoot! Sorry, guys. Yeah, it was CZ-J. We did a lot of killing. It tends to blur together.

Jan 8th 2010

So who were your characters really?

Jan 8th 2010

So who were your characters really?

LATP was Voldemort, who could be lynched once and survive. I don't think she even had to use it. Nobody tried to lynch her and she did most of the kills.

KarenM was Bellatrix Strange and was a roleblocker. I can't remember but I think she did roleblock someone during one of the nights.

I was Yaxley, a Death Eater with no power.

Jan 8th 2010

I was Yaxley, a Death Eater with no power

I don't even remember this character.

How does a mafia "do" a kill? I assumed you just talked amongst yourselves and told the mod who you wanted to get dead. Is the one who tells the mod the one who does the killing?

Jan 8th 2010

I told you guys I was suspicious of KarenM.

Jan 8th 2010

Dude, you're suspicious of me in every thread on this board. It signifies nothing.

Jan 8th 2010

in most games the mod will require that Mafia nominate the killer from amongst them. And usually you cant kill and do another action. So if Bellatrix was a roleblocker and blocked one player then someone else would have to do the kill, Voldermort for example.

I didn't know who Yaxley was either. Just a death eater I liked the name of. I don't really know what a death eater is - I thought it was the black rider looking things that fly around, but they are something else it turns out. Maybe they guard Azkaban, I dunno.

So suggestions so far.

Star Wars (the original trilogy) Sesame Street/Muppets The Big Lebowski The Bible

They are all fun ideas. But I might steer clear of the last one as I don't want to offend anyone with my religious views. :P

If I can get enough players I can do a Big Lebowski game. Who's up for that? Ah, who cares who's up for it, if I can look up harry potter characters you can look up big lebowski characters. Better yet, if you don't know it, watch it so you can play (but also because it is awesome)

Jan 8th 2010

Here is a link to the BIG LEBOWSKI mafia thread

come on guys, I especially want the lurkers to play. :D

Jan 9th 2010

Aw, why'd you kill me I could have won with you!

I was hoping someone like Harry would be killed instead. Oh well. And sorry Dwight, I also tried to kill you before I lynched you. It was just kind of an easy target - you had an implausible role and my main goal was for people not me to die and to try to get to the end quickly without dying. Almost made it. sigh

Jan 9th 2010

We didn't think, honestly, that Harry Potter could be killed. We didn't dare risk it. I'd like to hear if that role came with special powers, since we were wondering.

Jan 9th 2010 edited

Yeah, I don't know if I should tell you. You're mafia, but you lied and said you weren't. That's not a good thing.

Also, Harry would survive the first lynch attempt.

In the Lebowski game, I propose we kill LATP, Madge and KarenM immediately. They're probbaly nihilists anyway.

Jan 9th 2010 edited

Yeah, I don't know if I should tell you. You're mafia, but you lied and said you weren't. That's not a good thing.

gbone, the rules of the game are unflinchingly rigid.

Mafia is a liars game! Members of the Mafia will pretend to be members of the Town during the day and attempt to confuse the group and misdirect attention.

I also remember someone saying this, which made me chuckle:

This is war, Madge! You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs!

Also, Harry would survive the first lynch attempt.

You were right not to go after Harry, KarenM. I was also very sure if someone was watching a character, it would be Harry.

Jan 9th 2010 edited

I also remember someone saying this, which made me chuckle:

This is war, Madge! You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs!

That guy sounds like a tool who's watched Clue too many times.

Jan 9th 2010

In the Lebowski game, I propose we kill LATP, Madge and KarenM immediately. They're probbaly nihilists anyway.

You think we're members of a Swedish metal band?

Jan 9th 2010

Probably.

Jan 9th 2010

Well, fuck me. I was hoping for Nazis. At least they have an ethos.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19