Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
So that's still going on, huh? ...The Season Six Winter Hiatus Classic Episode rewatch
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 206
Dec 9th 2009 edited

Whatever you think of the show today, your favorite season is probably Season 2, followed by Season 1. If not, well, you can just get the he-- no, that's not right. But if you agree, then join the Great NA S1/S2 Mid-Season Rewatch.

Details so far

• Depending on how many weeks there are, which is apparently classified, we'll watch an episode a week, on Thursdays.
  • We'll pick the episodes by vote. Send your top three picks from the first 28 episodes to dmpaperco(at)gmail(dot)com. Rank them in order of preference because the votes will be weighted. Make 1 your top pick.
  • We'll discuss them in the respective episode threads, many of which have very few posts because they were started months after the original air dates.
  • Voting is open through Sunday, Dec. 13. I'll announce early on Dec. 14, so try to vote by midnight. No votes after the announcement, in case of voters' remorse.
  • Aim to watch the episode around 8 p.m. local time and feel free to live chat or stop by afterward. That way it's just like any other episode viewing.
  • Pants are optional.

Details to be decided
* Bueller? Bueller?

Dec 9th 2009

I like the idea of not using S3 episodes.

Dec 9th 2009

Well, I'm voting here cause I'm a mod and I can do what I want. So there.

1. The Dundies
  2. The Injury
  3. The Fight
Dec 9th 2009 edited

Maybe we could do a S3 rewatch this summer? I know it has its flaws, but it's also pretty good, especially now that we have (or will have) three years of perspective. I definitely have some favorites from that season.

Dec 9th 2009 edited

Should we include S3 episodes? I vote no, but that's just one vote. A well-informed and highly influential vote, but still just one vote.

I like the idea of not using S3 episodes.

Shunning in progress.

We could do S3 in the summer. It would give us a lot more things to argue about, I mean, discuss.

Dec 9th 2009

Shunning in progress.

You wound me, Madge.

Dec 9th 2009 edited

Here are my thoughts:

• We watch sometime Thurs night. No specific time.

• Seasons 1 and 2 only, for now. The one thing about S3 is that it brought us Andy. I enjoy what he brings to the show.

• I think we can handle two episodes in one night. Without commercials that is less than 45 minutes. And discussions in two threads is better than one.

Dec 9th 2009

Yes, this is not an S3 bashfest. I was just inspired by the vibe that rehashing a couple of S2 episodes generated.

As for two in one night, I'll leave that to everyone else in the circle. (S3 reference, meta-irony!)

Dec 9th 2009

No, I didn't mean to diss S3, because I actually liked it.

I was just inspired by the vibe that rehashing a couple of S2 episodes generated.

This.

Also, my top 3 to watch, (even though it was very difficult to pick them, and if you ask me tomorrow, it would probably be different), would be:

• The Injury

• The Carpet

• Christmas Party (because of festive)

Also, I'm okay with using S3 episodes if a lot of people want to.

Dec 9th 2009 edited

You wound me, Madge.

I didn't know you weren't a fan of S3, VG. Even though S3 was the season of pain, I think I love it because I watched it on DVD and I didn't have to go through the pain of it in real time like everyone else. I can imagine having to wait a week to find out if something positive was going to happen and then, when it didn't, it must have been awful.

edited to add:

No, I didn't mean to diss S3, because I actually liked it.

I thought so!

Dec 9th 2009

Seriously, I liked S3, see my previous post for why I said what I did.

Dec 9th 2009

Picking my top 3 is going to be rough.

I am always up for a S3 bashfest.

Dec 9th 2009 edited

I'm also OK with staying with S1/S2. There are so many we could choose that are great, we don't need to look any farther.

edited to add: I emailed my list.

Dec 9th 2009

Christmas should be one of the episodes, because of Christmas.

Dec 9th 2009

CZ-J's and VG's votes are tallied. We have an early front-runner. I guess we'll leave the voting open through 12/16, since 12/17 is the first viewing night.

I'll update the first post.

Dec 9th 2009
  1. Diversity Day
  2. Conflict Resolution
  3. Drug Testing
Dec 9th 2009
  1. Christmas
  2. The Dundies
  3. Booze Cruise
Dec 9th 2009

I just emailed mine as well, because I want to conform.

Dec 9th 2009

That's funny, because I was just going to post what I had emailed here in order to conform.

Dec 9th 2009

Oof, please don't vote both ways. I'm very easily confused. Now VG, did you want pepperoni on that?

Jinx's and gb's votes tallied.

Dec 9th 2009
  1. Your mom
  2. Her boobs
  3. Her undies
Dec 9th 2009

DftF's votes tallied.

Dec 9th 2009

I also wrote my votes on a ballot and gave them to Jimmy Carter.

Dec 9th 2009

I did the same, but sent mine to Florida. Wish me luck.

Dec 9th 2009

I wrote mine on a piece of burlap with a giant crayon and showed to the camera. Jeff Probst read it aloud.

Dec 9th 2009

WTF! The damn butterfly ballot shows that I voted for "Phyliss' Wedding!"

Dec 9th 2009

That hanging chad in The Dundies should have been counted.

Dec 9th 2009

Jinx's votes are now worth peanuts.

VG's votes will never be tallied, nor should they be because we can't discern her intent.

Dec 9th 2009

I signed mine "The Gila Monster". Is that a problem?

Dec 9th 2009
  1. Injury
  2. Dundies
  3. Christmas
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7