Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.13 The Banker
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 65
Jan 16th 2010
  • Season 6 : Episode 13
  • First aired on January 21, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL TRIES TO IMPRESS A POTENTIAL BUYER—When a potential buyer comes to Dunder Mifflin, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell), Dwight (Rainn Wilson), Andy (Ed Helms) and Pam (Jenna Fischer) pull out all the stops in hopes of impressing him with their high profile contacts. Michael reminisces about all the great times they have had in the office. John Krasinski, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein, B.J. Novak, Craig Robinson and Ellie Kemper also star.

Jan 16th 2010

So if they are bought out does that mean there will no longer be a Dunder Mifflin?

Jan 16th 2010

Yes, DC, the sales department makes sales.

Jan 16th 2010

I think you're thinking of The Hunt for Red October.

Jan 16th 2010

I'm singing my ethnic songs.

Jan 17th 2010

I love that putdown by Michael. It's so dismissive and condescending, but Michael really was the guy who didn't ge tit.

Jan 17th 2010

I love that put down for the same reason, Jinx. We use it a lot.

Jan 17th 2010

I love that putdown by Michael. It's so dismissive and condescending, but Michael really was the guy who didn't ge tit.

I'm glad you had a chance to use it and hurt my feelings.

Jan 21st 2010

It's Thursday!

So...this is a new one, right? Not a clips show?

Jan 21st 2010

It is a new one. Yay! If I have that stupid spinal tap thing, I'll have to lie flat for a couple of days, so it will be nice to have a new distraction.

Jan 21st 2010

I'm pretty sure it's a clip show with a little new footage interspersed.

Jan 21st 2010

Really? Bummersville.

Jan 21st 2010 edited

I was going to ask the same thing.

Who knows? It's being promoted as both. Of course I also watch How I Met Your Mother and the other week they billed an episode as a "musical" (which I hate) and it was only like two minutes of that -- so I'm hoping it's mostly new with some flashbacks.

Jan 21st 2010

Flashbacks? In a fake documentary? What madness is this?

Jan 21st 2010

There's some political crap happening on my NBC affiliate right now. I pray to Thor that this is done by Office time.

Jan 21st 2010

Hey, it's over! Community is on! Yay!

Jan 21st 2010 edited

I'm not hating it. But I am not loving it.

Jan 21st 2010

What??? I loooooooved that. I would have loved it more if it served as Part I of the series finale, but I'll take it for what it is.

I love that in the JAM montage went from Jim and Pam in Gay Witch Hunt and then right to The Job. As if Karen never existed.

Jan 21st 2010

I warmed up to it, I'll admit that. But I wished it focused on the documentary format, I'm not surprised, I'm just saying.

Anyway, does anyone think this is the last season, I mean a baby, a clip show, what else can they do, really?

Jan 21st 2010

That was terrible. What was with Michael's and Toby's hair? I miss this show. What happened to it?

Jan 21st 2010

I had no idea that was going to be mostly clips, and I was really disappointed. But then I wondered how people here were doing... how is everyone?

Graduate school is going well, but it's keeping me busier than I'd like to be.

Jan 21st 2010

I love that in the JAM montage went from Jim and Pam in Gay Witch Hunt and then right to The Job. As if Karen never existed.

Yeah, that stuff still works for me. It was fun seeing some of the clips back to back and I like that they included the Beach Games TWSS blooper. Overall not too memorable, but I didn't hate it. I'm fine with them loosening the documentary rules. It's been holding them back for a couple of years now.

Anyway, does anyone think this is the last season

Have you seen NBC's other shows? This one isn't going anywhere unless the cast bails out.

Jan 21st 2010 edited

This one isn't going anywhere unless the cast bails out.

I know that NBC is doing horribly, but I just wonder why a clip show was even shown if it wasn't the last season. It was nearly completely a clip show, and that's not really debatable. And with the Jim/Pam thing pretty much done, I don't know what the show producers are thinking.

I also think it's impossible to call this clip show terrible. It wasn't even a real episode. It wasn't great, but I don't know what I am basing that on, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I liked it, but I didn't love it. I liked the scenes a lot, but everything else, not so much. And NBC would start promoting the end of The Office starting in September, so that theory is false most likely. But, as much as I like this show, I think it's supposed to end this season. We'll see with the next episode, Sabre with Kathy Bates, which has the potential to be awesome but also horrible if depending on the character. I have hope, though.

Jan 21st 2010

Hey PV! Nice to see you back around here! Surely you can't be so busy that you can't pop your head in here every couple of weeks or so, right?! We miss you, is all we're saying.

Jan 21st 2010

But, as much as I like this show, I think it's supposed to end this season. We'll see with the next episode, Sabre with Kathy Bates.

I will bet you any amount of money that this isn't the last season.

Jan 21st 2010

I'll double it.

Jan 21st 2010

The whole 9:00-10:00 NBC hour was a letdown tonight, IMO.

And I can't even begin to imagine NBC, given the current mismanagement disaster, not having one of it's Thursday anchors back for at least another season...

If I'm not mistaken Seinfeld had multiple (3?) clip shows over it's run.

Jan 21st 2010

How about season seven as an end. I know NBC will not approve of it but with Steve Carell only signed for one more season after this one, I think that would be a good season to end on.

Jan 21st 2010

I also think it's impossible to call this clip show terrible.

I found it impossible not to. I did chuckle at fake Stanley, though. And Computron's cord. "I want to live." I hope he's three-quarters size.

Jan 21st 2010

It was fun seeing all those old clips, but yeah, clip shows are lame. I'm going to blame the brilliant minds at NBC for that decision, that had their fingerprints all over it. I noticed Michael/Steve's different hair too. The Baltimore Sun editor/Mel's husband was kind of a dud. I wonder why Jim never appeared in the new footage?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 65
Top of PageBack to discussions