Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.14 Sabre
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 97
Jan 30th 2010
  • Season 6 : Episode 14
  • First aired on February 4, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

DUNDER MIFFLIN GETS BOUGHT OUT- KATHY BATES (“THE BLIND SIDE,” “REVOLUTIONARY ROAD”) GUEST STARS—When Sabre comes in to take over Dunder Mifflin, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) struggles to accept Sabre's new policies. Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski) have an interview for a local daycare they really want to get into. Andy(Ed Helms) and Erin (Ellie Kemper) work on a welcome song for Sabre as Erin waits for Andy to ask her out. Rainn Wilson, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein and B.J. Novak also star.

Jan 30th 2010

Does this mean Dunder Mifflin is no more? That's something.

Jan 31st 2010

I can't wait for this episode. Also, according to a promo during SNL, Christian Slater is also guest starring as someone who takes over Dunder Mifflin.

Finally, a real new episode.

Jan 31st 2010

Actually sounds promising.

Jan 31st 2010

Christian Slater? Seriously?

Feb 1st 2010

Christian Slater? Seriously?

He really should be working on making me a sequel to Pump Up The Volume and/or Kuffs.

Also, Sabre sounds like the name of a villainous organization from an 80s cartoon show designed to sell action figures.

Feb 1st 2010

So, a few episodes from now, can we expect to see David Brent, Sabre executive?

Feb 1st 2010

I am really excited about this episode.

Feb 1st 2010

So, a few episodes from now, can we expect to see David Brent, Sabre executive?

No, no, a thousand time no!

Feb 1st 2010

Sabre? Is this about a Buffalo hockey player? If not, why not?

No, don't answer the last question. Purely rhetorical....

Feb 4th 2010

Finally. A new episode. It's been a long dry spell. Stunt casting or not, I can't wait to see Kathy Bates on the show.

Feb 4th 2010

Which one is The Office?

Feb 4th 2010

It's the one without the distracting stuntcasting.

Feb 4th 2010

I remember that show. In '08. Back before this. And now.

Feb 4th 2010

Which one is The Office?

Isn' tit that British show that ended at the right time and on the right note?

Feb 4th 2010

I want a guest actor/actress on a show, not necessarily The Office, when interviewed say what a lousy time they had and that the whole lot were douchecanoes (thanks btf) and the show was a real hot circle of garbage. I'm tired of hearing oh, they were great, made me feel welcome, a real family, blah..blah..blah.

Feb 4th 2010

douchecanoes

Awesome word. I read it as "douchcanos," at first, as in "douche" + "volcano," and imagined someone so douchey the just spewed douchiness across the landscape.

Feb 4th 2010

douchcanos

Racist.

Feb 4th 2010

Is the The Office the show that had this actress? I miss her.

Feb 4th 2010

I watched the last ten minutes of this.

I wasn't sad I didn't watch the first 20 minutes.

Feb 4th 2010 edited

It wasn't that bad. It was weird. I'd compare it to New Boss, which I absolutely loved, but some people didn't like. It wasn't awesome but it started an awesome arc.

I like Jo Bennett. She's stubborn and a good character. I know the show isn't what it was but it's still very good. Sabre proved that.

Now, this episode wasn't amazing by any means. But I think this arc has the potential of being really great. I remain skeptical but I think if done right...it could be good.

I'm happy that The Office is back.

Feb 4th 2010

It seemed to me like it was trying to pack too much in. A very plot-heavy episode.

I did like both Jo and Gabe, however.

Feb 4th 2010

Plot heavy it was. I liked that Rachel Wallace and her son were the same actors.

I really do like this show.

Feb 4th 2010

I liked it. The irony of Michael Scott thinking David Wallace is off the deep end weird appealed to me a lot, and I love Kathy Bates. I hope they give her a lot more to do.

Feb 4th 2010

I sort of liked it but it felt too short for what they were trying to do. The daycare scene was funny in an incredibly awkward kind of way but there was no real resolution. The interviewer was being a total dick before Jim and Pam decided to do the same, so I really can't blame them for acting that way.

I thought the David Wallace thing was funny and sort of realistic in a way. I have an old co-worker who was pretty much exactly the same when he was laid off and was driven to boredom and the insanity of having to be around his family 24/7 (everyone needs a break and sometimes work can provide that!).

Not a fan of the Sabre people, but I get the idea that they don't want us to be. Ok episode. Not great. Not terrible.

Feb 4th 2010 edited

I very much liked the Jim/Pam/daycare stuff and Jim's infantry joke was too cute. A very plot heavy episode but I think they nailed some if the feelings that go along with being bought out. That's how it was for us at my old company when we got bought out by giant tech corp. Damn you site blockers! And go Ed for making it into the credits

Feb 4th 2010

That was a great episode for a lot of reasons. I don't feel like going into them, though, which is weird. I think it's enough that I liked an episode. Baby steps.

OK, the daycare interview? "You couldn't just lock the door, man?"

Feb 4th 2010

I thought it was a good idea to remove Pam's sense of humor and Jim's ability to negotiate any social encounter. I didn't get much sense of what Sabre has in mind for the branch either. And Andy and Erin? Not so much. It wasn't Scott's Tots, but after waiting two months I was expecting more than that. David Wallace and SuckIt was nice. I hope they find a way to keep him around.

Feb 4th 2010

I liked David Wallace in the hot tub.

Feb 4th 2010

Pam's baby belly was adorable!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 97
Top of PageBack to discussions