Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.15 Manager and Salesman
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 81 of 81
Feb 12th 2010

Mindy Kaling wrote the episode- another reason I was surprised it was so understated.

Feb 12th 2010

lol, the deleted scenes are up on nbc.com after the episode. The late one is Jim putting [I asssume] Dwight's phone in jello and putting it in the fridge. I know it's overplayed but I got a kick out of it and Toby telling him "don't make it a habit" with Jim responding that he can't help it.

Feb 12th 2010

I think Sepinwall may be giving up on the Sabre plot line a little too quickly or maybe that's just what I'm hoping. I also think Jim's managerial experience may come back around later in the year as we learn more about how Sabre operates. I would love for Jim to torment Dwight for a bit for his lame diabolical plot, but maybe that's just going to be dropped. If so it makes Scott's Tots even more annoying.

Feb 12th 2010

I loved everything about this episode, except for everything involving Dwight and Ryan together. I would rather watch Andy and Erin dance around each other for a whole season than see more of that.

Kathy Bates was fantastic. As was Jim's hair.

Feb 12th 2010 edited

The one thing from the show that I remember liking that I don't think anyone commented on was how Bates' character responded when Dwight said the only person he'd stand up for was the president or judge judy. The way she said "I like that" made me laugh. The other thing I laughed at was from 30 Rock.

Feb 12th 2010

"Hey, you're stealing my trailer! I like that."

Feb 12th 2010

Eh.

Feb 12th 2010

Sepinwall:

("Mafia" may have been the worst episode since the pilot).

Douche.

Feb 13th 2010

The other thing I laughed at was from 30 Rock.

Was it the tag ending. Cause that was fantastic.

Feb 13th 2010

("Mafia" may have been the worst episode since the pilot).

Douche.

Are you a "Mafia" sympathizer? That's distressing.

Feb 13th 2010

Are you mocking me? I can never tell. In case you're not, I love the pilot. It offends me to compare it to the hack job that was Mafia.

Feb 13th 2010

The pilot gets a lot of crap for being a direct remake of the original, but if you never saw the U.K. version it would have fit just fine with the S1 vibe. Also, it established the main four characters without beating us over the head.

Feb 16th 2010

DFtF, did you write a comment about this episode on Sepinwall's blog? Someone with a username that you would use wrote a comment that sounded a lot like what you would say.

Feb 16th 2010 edited

I think the Michael/Jim thing could have been interesting if it played out for several episodes, but having it all play out over one episode just made it seem like a standard sitcom ploy.

This was my thought, too. Kelly's confusion about Andy's V-D card and having feelings for her was funny. With Andy completely oblivious, it could have been very funny and should have been played out over a few episodes instead of a 20 minute sitcom wrap-up. They used to write the show that way.

Feb 16th 2010

They used to write the show that way.

Yup.

Feb 16th 2010

DFtF, did you write a comment about this episode on Sepinwall's blog?

Did I? I can't remember. It's possible. I've been having very serious insomnia lately, which frequently leads to me doing things like commenting on Sepinwall's blog.

Feb 16th 2010

Yeah, that was me.

Feb 16th 2010

I'm like the Bunk of Northern Attack. Except I'm not as fat.

Feb 16th 2010

Just as drunk, though, and easily as smooth with the ladies.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 81 of 81
Top of PageBack to discussions