Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Dear NBC: Fixed that for ya. Office plot ideas.
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 41
Feb 17th 2010

I didn't think I'd create a thread here for months yet, if ever, but I asked a couple of times about Office plot ideas and there didn't seem to be a thread for it, so voila! A place to post all of your creative ideas as to what should happen on the Office!

In the women's bathroom at my favorite Mexican restaurant, there's an ad stating many useless facts, one of which is that no square, dry piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven times. I have tested this, and found it to be true.

My idea is for Michael to hear of it and go on a mission to disprove it. In discussions of the seven-fold fact with a professor friend of mine, he assured me that not even a 50 yard by 50 yard sheet of tissue paper can be folded more than seven times, which I still find hard to believe. Part of why I want NBC to do this in an episode is so that they can test my theories for me. My professor friend pointed out that it might work if one had "stretchy paper," and the moment he uttered the phrase, I saw Michael's eyes light up in my mind. Michael will attempt to fold paper more than seven times, get others to help him, find a ridiculously huge piece of tissue paper and try to fold it, hear the words "stretchy paper" and then go on an all-consuming mission to invent a stretchy paper that will fold more than seven times, believing this is the most critical of endeavors despite the buyout and the recession. Imagine the time he could waste, and the antics that would ensue!

Feb 17th 2010

Mythbusters did an episode on that, but I forgot the outcome. I remember their piece of paper filled a gymnasium, though.

Feb 17th 2010

I'm about to fold a piece of paper that's smaller than a gymnasium.

Feb 17th 2010

It's true.

Feb 17th 2010

You know what else doesn't fold...your mom's legs.

Feb 17th 2010

You know what else doesn't fold...your mom's legs.

Yeah, Michael could use that line on Pam.

Feb 17th 2010

They did it with no problems, really.

It was the size of a football field.

Feb 17th 2010

It was the size of a football field.

Just like your mom.

Feb 17th 2010

Ouch.

Feb 17th 2010

Ouch.

Not if it's as big as Jinx says it is.

Feb 18th 2010

Mythbusters did an episode on that, but I forgot the outcome. I remember their piece of paper filled a gymnasium, though.

I remember that one. They just barely could do it. 7 times.

Feb 18th 2010

They do it 11 times. If you watch the video I so helpfully posted above.

Feb 18th 2010

Yep. So the football field sized one folds 11 times. They have to use a steamroller on it though. Steamroller? Like any vehicle machinery still operates on steam. Pssshhh.

Feb 18th 2010

You just pissed off Robert Fulton.

Feb 18th 2010

Poor guy. First they move his fish market to the Bronx. Now this.

Feb 18th 2010

They do it 11 times. If you watch the video I so helpfully posted above.

That'd be one heck of a naughty video.

Feb 18th 2010

I asked a couple of times about Office plot ideas and there didn't seem to be a thread for it, so voila!

I found one!

It's all good, though bc. Maybe somehow James or a mod can join the two together and then it would have the strength of one grown thread and a little baby thread.

Mar 1st 2010

Haha thanks Daoust, and congratulations to you and the rest of Canada on winning the hockey game, and hosting such an awesome Olympics (and cleaning it all up). I'm not sure what I thought about that bizarre Mountie-Beaver-Maple Leaf-Hockey finale, but it was pretty funny and made me wish I had a maple lollipop. I was wondering, I meant to ask you. Do people sing the Canadian national anthem and do all kinds of loopy embellishments with their voices like people love to do to ours, especially at sporting events?

But wait, that there thread you found is the bad idea jeans plot thread, and mine is supposed to be good ideas, so... different. Of course, it could be argued that my "good" idea is actually bad, in which case maybe the threads should merge, and I should go write for NBC.

D@F, thanks for posting that link. I haven't watched it yet but it's good to know it's there. I still think it sounds like some crazy thing that Michael would do.

Mar 1st 2010

Do people sing the Canadian national anthem and do all kinds of loopy embellishments with their voices like people love to do to ours, especially at sporting events?

Since Canada has no black people, no.

Mar 1st 2010

It's also the same tune as "God Save the King". There really aren't that many places to go with it.

Mar 2nd 2010

It's also the same tune as "God Save the King". There really aren't that many places to go with it.

What?

Jun 7th 2010

Daoustie doesn't answer my questions.

sniffles

I'm not that mean to Canada.

Jun 8th 2010

Do people sing the Canadian national anthem and do all kinds of loopy embellishments with their voices like people love to do to ours, especially at sporting events?

Sometimes some of them try, but O Canada doesn't have the same (something that means arrangement of musical notes) that The Star Spangled Banner does. It's a no nonsense national anthem. But it's a heck of a lot easier to sing than yours is. I think the SSB is trying too hard. O Canada is what it is, and makes no appologies for it.

Sorry I took so long to answer your question. In the future I promise to work harder to answer any and all questions you may have for me.

Jun 8th 2010

Sometimes some of them try, but O Canada doesn't have the same (something that means arrangement of musical notes) that The Star Spangled Banner does.

It's cadence and drama. I'm pretty sure I have a whole rant about this is my blog I had quite awhile ago. The reason the Star Spangled Banner is song by guests singers and made a big deal out of at sporting events and so on has very little to do with patriotism and very much to do with showmanship, simply because the song allows it. It's got two points of the song that, when done correctly, (these lines being "The rockets red glare" and "The land of the free the home of the brave") are quite impressive, and a moment to be enjoyed, if done wrong it is just seriously embarrassing. The cadence of O canada is... well... kinda flat. The song doesn't have a lot of drama and high notes, I sticks to the one octave and that's abou tit.

Jun 8th 2010

Whenever I think of "O Canada" being sung, I think of Ralph Wiggum singing it.

Jun 8th 2010

Whenever I think of "The Star-Spangled Banner" being sung, I thinkof "Bleeding Gums" Murphy singing it.

Jun 8th 2010

Some people try to take the last line of "O Canada" and do stuff with it, like dragging out the "guaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard foooooooooor theeeeeeeee" part and taking it up a few notches. But that's as much as one really can do.

Jun 8th 2010

Whenever I think of "The Star-Spangled Banner" being sung, I thinkof "Bleeding Gums" Murphy singing it.

I remember Leslie Nielson doing a pretty good version of the SSB in one of the Naked Gun movies.

Jun 8th 2010

Roseanne really did the SSB justice once upon a time. Classy lady.

Jun 8th 2010

I hear they've been having her back at Arlington Cemetery every year since.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 41
Top of PageBack to discussions