Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.16 The Delivery
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 179
Feb 27th 2010
  • Season 6 : Episode 16
  • First aired on March 4, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

IT'S BABY TIME- LINDA PURL ("BONES") GUEST STARS -- Pam’s (Jenna Fischer) contractions begin but she and Jim (John Krasinski) are determined to wait it out as long as possible so they can have more time at the hospital. Meanwhile the rest of the office tries to distract Pam from the pain with food and entertainment. In the second half hour, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) anxiously waits for Pam and Jim’s baby to be born. Back at the office, Erin (Ellie Kemper) makes Andy (Ed Helms) jealous when she has lunch with Kevin (Brian Baumgartner). Rainn Wilson, Leslie David Baker, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton and B.J. Novak also star.

Feb 27th 2010 edited

Back at the office, Erin (Ellie Kemper) makes Andy (Ed Helms) jealous when she has lunch with Kevin (Brian Baumgartner).

This plotline looks boring.

Pam’s (Jenna Fischer) contractions begin but she and Jim (John Krasinski) are determined to wait it out as long as possible so they can have more time at the hospital. Meanwhile the rest of the office tries to distract Pam from the pain with food and entertainment. In the second half hour, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) anxiously waits for Pam and Jim’s baby to be born.

This could be really good, but we'll see.

Here's all the promos:
Promo 1
Promo 2
Promo 3
Promo 4
Promo 5
Promo 6
Promo 7
Promo 8
Promo 9
Promo 10
Promo 11

I wonder how many viewers there are going to be for this episode.

Feb 28th 2010

This plotline looks boring.

Yesh. But we might get a good Kev line out of it.

Meanwhile the rest of the office tries to distract Pam from the pain with food and entertainment.

I'd be really hungry too if I were giving birth.

Feb 28th 2010

I don't remember food being a big part of the birth process.

Feb 28th 2010

I'm told that poop is a part of the birth process.

Feb 28th 2010

It's a food baby!

Feb 28th 2010

Pam’s (Jenna Fischer) contractions begin but she and Jim (John Krasinski) are determined to wait it out as long as possible so they can have more time at the hospital.

I don't understand this sentence. What does sitting in labor at the office have to do with staying at the hospital for more time?

Feb 28th 2010

It's a food baby!

Tastfully done, of course.

Feb 28th 2010

What does sitting in labor at the office have to do with staying at the hospital for more time?

Yeah, even if you did want to wait to go to the hospital wouldn't you do it at home?

Feb 28th 2010

I'm sure there will be some funny stuff in this episode, and I'm sure there will be some wacky crazy stuff too. I'm expecting a Stress Relief-type episode, which is good, but mostly I'm ready for this storyline to be over with. I may be the only one, but I'm looking forward to the Kevin/Erin lunch.

Feb 28th 2010

You may not be the only one, but I'm not in that boat.

Mar 1st 2010

They are waiting out giving birth not leaving for the hospital so they don't have to spend time in the office. At least that is how I read it.

Mar 1st 2010

But they spend the whole time waiting not to go into the hospital in the office.

Mar 1st 2010

What does sitting in labor at the office have to do with staying at the hospital for more time?

Oooh! Oooh! I know this. Pick me! Pick me! I read it in the spoilers thread. Want me to tell you?

Mar 1st 2010

oh well I haven't seen the trailers

Mar 1st 2010

Yes. I don't care if you tell me here or elsewhere, but this sentence is pre-ruining my enjoyment of the show.

Mar 1st 2010

oh well I haven't seen the trailers

I got that they were waiting in labor in the office from the episode description in this thread. It doesn't actually say they were in the office, I suppose. Maybe people are visiting Pam with food and entertainment at her house. I just figured if labor was going to wreck her day regardless, she would choose to get paid for it by showing up for a work day.

Mar 1st 2010

Ok.

Maybe a Spoiler, but Mostly a Clarification

Whatever day they go in to the hospital counts as a day. So, they want to go to the hospital right after midnight so they get that whole day at the hospital. If they go in at 10 am or 10 pm, it doesn't matter - it counts as one of their days. And they only get a set number of days, like 2 or 3 or something.

Mar 1st 2010

It doesn't actually say they were in the office, I suppose.

I'm not sure, but I think they're at the office.

Mar 1st 2010

Maybe a Spoiler, But Mostly a Criticism Based on What 2C Said, But Not a Criticism of 2C

It's as stupid an answer as I feared, considering they don't start counting the days you stay in the hospital until after the baby is born. But thank you for the clarification.

Mar 3rd 2010

I don't remember food being a big part of the birth process.

It's not a big part of the birth process, but it's a big part of the preparing-for-birth process. When the baby's head engages, it relieves pressure on the stomach, allowing the mother to eat more. And it's important to do that, because once you go into the hospital, they don't let you eat anything.

KarenM: Presumably they're trying to delay the birth until after midnight. Delay tactics need to be undertaken before going into the hospital, because once you're checked in, the staff are going to try to get the baby out. (We managed to stall them for a few hours but eventually they said "Okay, that's enough, time to hook you up to the pitocin.")

Mar 3rd 2010

It's not a big part of the birth process, but it's a big part of the preparing-for-birth process.

I don't remember my wife being hungry during either birth. Ice chips were popular though.

Mar 4th 2010

Don't really care for the whole baby plotline and I hope it isn't featured prominently in future episodes, but from the few short promos I saw during the Olympics this episode looks like it could be pretty funny. Hopefully it is. I've seen some things saying this weeks Parks & Rec is a disappointment and have heard nothing but good things about The Office so I'm optimistic.

Mar 4th 2010

I expect this to be a funny episode. Maybe not memorable, but funny. That's been the case recently. I was listening to the TWSS podcast, and was surprised at the couple of funny things I'd forgotten from the last episode. I'm really only looking forward to Community, though.

Mar 4th 2010

Still haven't gotten in to Community, though I've heard great things mostly. I just can't get behind seeing Chevy Chase look so damn old.

I'm about at my max TV schedule anyway already. Don't think I have time to pick up a new one and add it to the rotation.

Mar 4th 2010

I have heard nothing about this episode. I am not expecting anything. I think that's the best way to head into any shark jumping episode.

Mar 4th 2010 edited

I have been able to avoid all previews for this episode. I expect it to be funny, but not the type of funny I watch the show for.

Mar 4th 2010

I just can't get behind seeing Chevy Chase look so damn old.

He's the only part of the show I can't stand. He's not funny, and his every moment of screen time annoys me.

Mar 4th 2010

I like him in this. I was watching some movie of his this weekend and he had some pretty woman with him, and he was being charming, eating dinner or something, and I thought, "Now he's just a weird old dude at a community college."

Mar 4th 2010

I'm really only looking forward to Community, though.

The goodness of Community and the improvement of Parks and Recreation have taken some of the sting out of the fact that The Office has fallen down a notch for me this year.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 179
Top of PageBack to discussions