Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.18 New Leads
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 52
Mar 13th 2010
  • Season 6 : Episode 18
  • First aired on March 18, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

THE SALESMAN IS KING—ZACH WOODS (“THE HONKYS”) GUEST STARS— When the sales staff lets Sabre's new "sales is king" policy get to their heads, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) hides their new, prized leads. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Paul Lieberstein, B.J. Novak and Craig Robinson also star.

Mar 13th 2010

Is Michael going to have a sales contest and give a set of steak knives to whoever comes in second?

Mar 13th 2010

The summary is boring, so I'm just going to have to wait until the episode airs.

Mar 13th 2010

AMJ, Michael is hiding the leads because they're the Glenn Gary leads. And to give them to Phyllis would just be throwing them away.

Mar 14th 2010

You see this watch? You see this watch? That watch costs more than your car.

Mar 18th 2010

I don't care if the past few episodes have been hit and mostly miss. I'm still looking forward to the show tonight.

Mar 18th 2010

Oh, YEAH! Today is Thursday. I forget sometimes now. Isn't that sad?

Mar 18th 2010

You know what's sad? I remembered that there is a new episode of The Real Housewives of New York City on tonight and forgot all about The Office.

And I'm not even sure the Housewives are on tonight.

Mar 18th 2010

I almost always forget, and I never know when there's a new episode on.

Mar 18th 2010

Worst. Mod. Ever.

Mar 18th 2010

And I'm not even sure the Housewives are on tonight.

They are. It's cool.

Mar 18th 2010

I'm just in it for the babes.

Mar 18th 2010

Angry growl "Pedophile" /Angry growl

Oh wait you said babes not babies. Never mind.

Mar 18th 2010

So how was the episode?

Mar 18th 2010 edited

I liked it, for the most part. Disappointed that there were no Glengarry Glenn Ross jokes, but the Dwight and Michael stuff was funny, as was the sales staff acting like asses. Also, Toby. Toby rocks.

Mar 18th 2010

I'll see it tomorrow morning

Mar 18th 2010

Good episode. I liked that the characters all had enough time, and it wasn't the Andy/Erin episode like many this season. Although, if you haven't seen it, there is a couple of moments of Erin/Andy.

Liked that Dwight and Michael are back, and I agree Toby was awesome.

Also, Angela/Phyllis! This episode brought back a lot from the earlier seasons. It's probably a great episode, just didn't pick up everything.

Mar 18th 2010

I could have done without the Andy/Erin tag, but their warmer/colder game was fairly amusing for the look on Andy's face. It looks like Sabre is fairly successful and it appears to be rubbing off on what used to be a rather large pack of slackers.

Still not enough Pam.

Mar 18th 2010 edited

Blech. This made me like old episodes less. I think it even made me like pizza and my dog less too.

Mar 18th 2010

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!! OMG!!!! They kissed!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was a pretty good episode, primarily because, as the Goose mentioned, all the characters got involved and there was a lot of interaction among them. Andy & Darryl's wrestling match got the biggest laugh. I did think the Michael & Dwight scene could have been better, I really liked where it was going with the talk about how much Dwight has changed and was disappointed that it disintegrated into them throwing trash at each other. Plus the obvious green screen was distracting. Phyllis brought up a good point that all the non-sales job could be done in India. Perhaps a setup for a plot line down the road? Easy money for Jenna the last couple weeks.

Mar 18th 2010 edited

Phyllis and Michael had good lines. "Give us the leads, numnuts," came out of nowhere, and occasionally a Phyllis line is funny.

Also, "the man who never breeds," clue was one of the funniest moments in a while and Michael thinking that Lincoln was the first president was great, too.

The green screen use was really bad, though.

Also, Pam knowing exactly what Michael meant and the Kelly-Jim-Oscar scene were really funny. The rest, not so good.

But better than 30 Rock is right now.

Mar 18th 2010

Disappointed that there were no Glengarry Glenn Ross jokes

This.

Mar 18th 2010

Disappointed that there were no Glengarry Glenn Ross jokes

This.

Whaddaya mean? Just read the top of the thread.

Mar 18th 2010

Coffee's for closers.

Mar 18th 2010

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!! OMG!!!! They kissed!!!!!!!!!

I know! Totally Team Hamnard!!11!!!11!1!

Mar 18th 2010

The bit where Oscar wanted to see the picture of the baby and Kelly stopped him was funny. It was all in the facial expressions.

Mar 19th 2010

Blech. This made me like old episodes less. I think it even made me like pizza and my dog less too.

This. I rarely comment on episodes, but I was just absolutely blah after this one.

Sorry.

Mar 19th 2010 edited

This episode was really...weird. It had a surreal feel to it, like it was a dream sequence or something. It wasn't particularly funny, but also wasn't offensively unfunny like some of the recent episodes. Just neutral, with lots of drama, a lot of which was well done.

There were a few things I absolutely hated:

• Dwight strangling Kevin.
  • Dwight telling Michael he was a loser in front of everyone in the parking lot.
  • A lot of the rubbish tip scene was just weird and overly green-screeny.
  • Darryl's talk with Michael in the kitchen (completely out of character).

But I also loved:

• Michael and Jim in the cold open. Some of the best moments of this show have been the quiet, poignant ones between the two of them, and while this one wasn't particularly moving, I really liked it that Michael called Jim out on the mockery. Nice little call back to Benihana Christmas.
  • Probably my favourite part of this episode was seeing Kelly play a straight character for a short space of time. The scene between Jim, Oscar and her was well done, and Kelly stopping Oscar at the end was perfect.

Overall though, the episode wasn't that memorable. I hope Pam comes back soon.

Mar 19th 2010

When did they kiss, the tag? I have no recollection.

Mar 19th 2010

Friday morning and not even an entire page of posts? Wow.

I liked most of it, but hated that Dwight jumped in the dumpster. Head first. Like he couldn't tell it was empty before he jumped in. Right.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 52
Top of PageBack to discussions