Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.18 New Leads
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 52 of 52
Mar 19th 2010

Also, Kevin's, "Ghost Whisperer's tonight, so it's Friday."

Mar 19th 2010

Watching it now. Though it's clear I don't share the same opinions most of the time.

Mar 19th 2010

I liked it. The time flew by though. Kevin, "They're in the trash" Dwight "It's a code, Meredith Take of your dress" Meredith, "Okay."

Priceless

Mar 19th 2010

It's still coming off.

Mar 19th 2010

I did like that part. And I loved the Andy stuff.

Mar 19th 2010

I thought this episode was a nice return to form in terms of making it about the work, not just the personal relationships, and the Andy-Erin hookup may be low-rent Jim and Pam but that doesn't make it any less adorable (especially after Andy got treated so very wrong by Angela. I really started to like him more after that, which is weird, but it did humanize what had been before an overly cartoonish figure).

Mar 19th 2010

the Andy-Erin hookup may be low-rent Jim and Pam but that doesn't make it any less adorable

sigh Don't get me started.

Mar 19th 2010

Wow, I really did not enjoy enough of that episode.

Mar 19th 2010

I liked this episode, mostly because it turns out I'm still invested in Dwight's complex of feelings and attitudes toward Michael. His anger about having hitched his wagon "to a horse with no legs" was just riveting to me, even with the crap green-screen. I don't know, I can't explain it.

This is Jim/Pam adorable. And this is Andy/Erin adorable.

Mar 19th 2010

Great analogy, Helga.

I didn't see the episode, so I don't have anything to say about it.

Mar 19th 2010

Wow, I really did not enjoy enough of that episode.

But you probably enjoyed when Michael and Dwight threw garbage at each other, no?

Mar 19th 2010

But you probably enjoyed when Michael and Dwight threw garbage at each other, no?

Nope, AMJ. Not until the rolling of the big spool thing, that is. I chuckled at that.

Mar 19th 2010

I just figured since they were paying tribute to your screen name...

Mar 19th 2010

I'm still invested in Dwight's complex of feelings and attitudes toward Michael. His anger about having hitched his wagon "to a horse with no legs" was just riveting to me,

I did enjoy that discussion because it has been lurking in the background since Stress Relief at least and I was wondering if they were ever going to address it. I just wish it hadn't been at a fake dump.

Mar 19th 2010

I just figured since they were paying tribute to your screen name...

ohhhh. A bit even slower on the uptake than usual.

Maaan am I sleepy today. Going in search of more caffeine. Or something stronger. Like a cattle prod.

Mar 19th 2010

Helga, I loved your illustrations of Jim/Pam vs Erin/Andy. Exactly.

it turns out I'm still invested in Dwight's complex of feelings and attitudes toward Michael. His anger about having hitched his wagon "to a horse with no legs" was just riveting to me, even with the crap green-screen. I don't know, I can't explain it.

This. Couple this with Dwight's realization in The Delivery that he may be capable of more complex feelings toward the opposite sex, and Dwight is on the verge of making a quantum leap to a more complex character. I'm really interested to see where they go with this. Maybe he'll have some sort of revelation while cuddling his gourd some night.

Mar 19th 2010

You know, on one of my sister-in-law's visits from out of town we ended up making a trip to the dump to drop off our recyclables (before they picked them up from our house), which she thought was a great lark and tried to take pictures of, but they stopped her. They don't allow photography. The guys who informed us of the policy did not know why it was forbidden (or did not feel like telling us), so maybe the producers tried to film on location and couldn't.

Mar 19th 2010

I don't know where the garbage goes after they cart it away. I prefer it that way.

Mar 19th 2010

When I lived in rural northern Virginia, I had to haul my trash to the dump every week. It was not fun.

Mar 20th 2010

All of the character interaction was really fun, and it seems like the writers were trying to put together a lot of new, different combinations. That worked out well. The part where Jim called upon Pam as an expert on Michael's brain made me realize how much I miss her as a receptionist. Her saleswoman position doesn't really facilitate any unique experiences with the rest of the characters like she had at reception. Now all of her interaction with everyone else is pretty much based on already well-established facets of her relationships with them.

I liked most of it, but hated that Dwight jumped in the dumpster. Head first. Like he couldn't tell it was empty before he jumped in. Right.

We all know that in Dwight's mind, the most practical course of action is almost always overpowered by the coolest-looking course of action.

Mar 20th 2010

The part where Jim called upon Pam as an expert on Michael's brain made me realize how much I miss her as a receptionist.

This.

Mar 22nd 2010

I didn't see the episode, so I don't have anything to say about it.

This is the longest I have gone not seeing a new episode of The Office since I started watching the show regularly in S3. I can't believe I haven't watched it yet. I blame March break.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 52 of 52
Top of PageBack to discussions