Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.19 Happy Hour
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 169
Mar 20th 2010
  • Season 6 : Episode 19
  • First aired on March 25, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

THE OFFICE ENJOYS A NIGHT ON THE TOWN—Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) gets kicked out of the bar when he whips out all the stops to impress a friend of Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam’s (Jenna Fischer). Meanwhile, Andy (Ed Helms) and Erin (Ellie Kemper) do their best to keep their relationships under wraps. Dwight rethinks his pre-natal contract with Angela. Rainn Wilson, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Creed Bratton, B.J. Novak, Paul Lieberstein and Craig Robinson also star.

Mar 20th 2010

Meanwhile, Andy (Ed Helms) and Erin (Ellie Kemper) do their best to keep their relationships under wraps. Dwight rethinks his pre-natal contract with Angela.

Anyone else feel like this season is running a little long?

Mar 20th 2010

Meanwhile, Andy (Ed Helms) and Erin (Ellie Kemper) do their best to keep their relationships under wraps. Dwight rethinks his pre-natal contract with Angela.

I thought this was the start of S4. With different, more interesting characters.

Mar 20th 2010

to impress a friend of Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam’s (Jenna Fischer).

What friend? They don't have friends except for the bridesmaid who slept with Dwight.

Mar 21st 2010

Thanks for stealing my idea for a comment gb.

Mar 21st 2010

My pleasure. I hope that guy we all know from The Honkies is on this episode too.

Mar 25th 2010

So far this episode is.....very good. Honestly. Kevin just killed me.

Mar 25th 2010

Also, I noted, after the show, that our old pal Beej wrote this one. It had a real "Night Out" feel to me.

Mar 25th 2010

I just got home and am about to watch it now. I'm looking forward to it now.

Mar 25th 2010

I'm too tired to watch it. I watched Community and P&R. I'll watch this tomorrow at work, while my boss is away and I display my utter lack of work ethic..

Mar 25th 2010

The tag was very weird. That character has been in the background since the second season and it was funny, but just weird.

Overall, I thought most of the episode was weird, but in the good way.

Mar 25th 2010

Jabba the Hutt! Jabba the Hutt! Jabba the Hutt!

That's what I will forever think of when I hear P&R mentioned.

Mar 25th 2010

Yeah, odd, but entertaining sounds about right. Kevin was the star for me. Still not getting the Dwight/Isabel story. Pam's enthusiasm for getting out sounded about right. It was nice that Oscar got some screen time.

Mar 25th 2010

That about sums it up, DC. The only thing I have to add is nothing new: the Erin/Andy stuff leaves me cold. Tonight's storyline with them really bugged me. I really want them to fade into the background.

Mar 25th 2010

I'm trying to hold back on my hate for Andy and Erin. I did laugh at the "Black Snake Moan" line, but less would be better for them.

Mar 25th 2010

Do not disrespect Hamnard.

Also, what DftF said.

Mar 25th 2010

I forgot it was Thursday. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to watch this. Bleep.

Mar 25th 2010

I wish I had video of DC's reactions every time Andy & Erin had a dual talking head. I continue to find them amusing and am just fine with being the only one who thinks so.

I really enjoyed the rest of the episode. I'm pretty sure I laughed more than any other time this season and I think it was my favorite of the season (I know, faint praise). Two things made me laugh really, really hard - tiny Angela sneaking up behind Dwight and scaring him, and Erin rubbing that guy's leg and calling him "big boy", along with the Black Snake Moan line. Also, the girl Andy talked to was way hot.

I really liked Isabel, she's a cool chick, I wonder if she really is that tall? She was almost looking Dwight in the eye and Rainn is 6'3". It doesn't make any sense at first that she would like him, but I read an interview with Rainn where he was asked how Dwight is so popular with the ladies and he said it's the confidence. Dwight completely owns who he is and women find that intriguing.

The one part I didn't like much was Date Mike. Annoying and a little over the top and the bar manager went from about to kick him out to digging him too quickly. But she's good looking (boobs!) and if a relationship does happen it will be nice to see someone with a relationship out of the office. Finally, Oscar playing basketball like a wuss was funny as was the tag.

Mar 25th 2010

I wish I had video of DC's reactions every time Andy & Erin had a dual talking head.

Imagine if you just took a huge bite of rotten meat topped with cod liver oil. That's the face.

Mar 25th 2010

I seriously think of you (in a totally normal way) every time they are on screen together.

Mar 26th 2010

I completely echo AMJ's sentiments about the episode, and partially echo his weird habit of thinking about DC while he watches the Most Romantic Story of Our Time.(tm)

Mar 26th 2010

I like Andy and Erin. They aren't Old School Jim & Pam, but they're cute, in their own way.

Mar 26th 2010

2C, we're calling them Hamnard. They're Hamnard.

Mar 26th 2010

Oh. Got it. Hamnard.

Mar 26th 2010

What about Isabel and Dwight?

Dwisabel?

Mar 26th 2010

How about IsaSchrute? Or Blight?

Mar 26th 2010

Community was hilarious.

Mar 26th 2010

partially echo his weird habit of thinking about DC while he watches the Most Romantic Story of Our Time.(tm)

Now I'm freaked out.

Mar 26th 2010

Why doesn't B.J. just write all of the episodes. That was a good one. Kevin was awesome, especially his victory at the end. I loved the cold open, just goofy office stuff.

I continue to find them amusing and am just fine with being the only one who thinks so. I really enjoyed the rest of the episode.

I don't hate Andy and Erin, I nothing them. They are funny and . . . they take up a lot of screen time which is a tad annoying. I'd rather see them doing weird things in the background.

Two things made me laugh really, really hard - tiny Angela sneaking up behind Dwight and scaring him,

And he swore. I laughed out loud at that. And at other things that I can't remember, but I usually don't laugh aloud when I watch things alone- so this episode must have been good.

Mar 26th 2010

My work computer doesn't have the latest version of Flash, so I can't watch at Hulu or NBC.com. Am I out of luck?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 169
Top of PageBack to discussions