Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.20 Secretary's Day
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 86 of 86
Apr 24th 2010 edited

There were a lot of really memorable one-liners, and the Andy/Erin story was actually pretty emotionally involving.

I thought it was a funny episode, and the Andy/Erin story was more involving because it played out through Michael, and they both have a lot more chemistry with Steve Carell than they do with each other. Which is not to say I want to see either Erin or Andy romantically involved with Michael, but if I'm going to watch them, I'd much rather watch them interact with him.

Apr 24th 2010

I want to see either Erin or Andy romantically involved with Michael,

ScoHamnard!

Apr 24th 2010

I said I don't want to see it!

Because it would be TOO AWESOME.

Apr 24th 2010

Andy and Erin is a symptom, not the root, of my reasons for not liking the show.

Apr 24th 2010

they both have a lot more chemistry with Steve Carell than they do with each other.

I agree with this very strongly. Although not in the three-way sense. My objection to Andy/Erin is first, I'm tired of the intra-office romance stories and second, they never bothered establishing Erin's character before shoving her front and center as a primary focus of the show. Why am I supposed to care about her?

Apr 24th 2010

they never bothered establishing Erin's character before shoving her front and center as a primary focus of the show

Really, DC? Don't you remember how-ever-many-weeks ago we learned all about her. She was in the hospital for 3 years as a child, and was a foster kid and lives with her (former?) foster brother.

We know all about her! And she's the best new character!

I did like Gabe trying to suspend people when he doesn't have any authority, but it was basically Dwight-from-the-Past.

Apr 24th 2010

I liked it. I think the Nom Nom Nom bit from darrel was the funniest part of the episode.

Apr 24th 2010

Really, DC? Don't you remember how-ever-many-weeks ago we learned all about her. She was in the hospital for 3 years as a child, and was a foster kid and lives with her (former?) foster brother.

How did I forget that in-depth character development? When did she suffer the head injury that makes her seem mentally challenged? Did I miss that too?

Apr 24th 2010 edited

Ohhh, peach schnapps!

Apr 24th 2010

Stop trying to make 'peach schnapps' happen, okay?

Apr 24th 2010

Peach schnapps is streets ahead.

Apr 24th 2010

And BTF is clearly streets behind.

Apr 24th 2010

I watched this episode On Demand today. It was pretty good. Jim does a mean Kevin As Cookie Monster impression.

And if Dwight ever offered to milk me, I'd throw up.

Apr 24th 2010

I liked Michael's comment at Hayworths - "I'll have what she's having."

Apr 24th 2010

That was funny. Michael is funniest, I think, when he's not the weirdest guy in the room. Like when he was dealing with Andy's man crush on him in Season 3. Or dealing with Erin now.

Apr 24th 2010

Michael is funniest, I think, when he's not the weirdest guy in the room.

Yes, this, Jinx.

Apr 26th 2010

Did Andy ever mention his parents divorcing? The said that line about if it wasn't for secretaries, he wouldn't have a stepmom but I thought the woman in Goodbye Toby was his real mom?

Apr 26th 2010

I think he's mentioned his stepdad before.

Apr 26th 2010

but I thought the woman in Goodbye Toby was his real mom?

I thought so too.

Michael has mentioned his step dad several times, however.

Apr 26th 2010

He introduced them in Goodbye Toby as his parents, Andrew and Ellen Bernard. I think it's just yet another continuity error.

Apr 26th 2010

He introduced them in Goodbye Toby as his parents, Andrew and Ellen Bernard. I think it's just yet another continuity error.

As is his name change. From The Delivery:

Andy: Guys. Word of advice. Speaking as a former baby. Don't get too hung up on baby names. I was named Walter Jr. after my father until I was about six or so, when my parents changed their minds.
Erin: I thought you said your younger brother was named Walter Jr.
Andy: My brother was born, and my parents felt he better exemplified the Walter Jr. name, so they gave it to him. I was given Andrew, which they got out of a baby name book.

They don't do continuity any more.

Apr 26th 2010

Wow. They really don't even try, do they?

Apr 26th 2010

Nope and I bet they don't even care any longer. Jen Celotta was only mildly apologetic last year after the whole Pam/volleyball thing. Greg Daniels was the one who really gave a crap about this sort of thing.

Apr 26th 2010

Good catch, DC. That one hadn't even caught my attention.

Wow. They really don't even try, do they?

Nope. sad face

Dec 2nd 2011

I was hoping for some season 6 classic lines. This is the best I could find. Not bad, I guess.

Michael: You know what, I resent the implication that I would keep that secret. Everyone here knows that I can't and won't keep a secret.

Dec 3rd 2011

I do love that. I miss Michael.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 86 of 86
Top of PageBack to discussions