Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Shooting the breeze : Non Office-related chatter
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 939
  5. 940
  6. 941
  7. 942
  8. 943
  9. 944
  10. 945
  11. 946
  12. ...
  13. 951
  14. >
28261 to 28290 of 28527
Nov 13th 2014

Does she already have something in mind to study?

Study? She's just interested in the cafeteria right now.

Nov 13th 2014

Did the cafeteria have one of those conveyer belts that take your dirty dishes away?

Nov 13th 2014

No, it wasn't Cornell or anything like that. It was just the "all you can eat" aspect that she liked.

Nov 13th 2014

Suddenly, I'm interested in going back to school.

Nov 13th 2014

Study? She's just interested in the cafeteria right now.

Yeah. I'd have been surprised. CorNOT does have some pretty sweet food on campus.

Nov 14th 2014 edited
Nov 14th 2014

Well, not that surprising.

Nov 21st 2014

Going to a job interview with a cold sore on my upper lip. I have managed to cover most of it with lipstick and it looks pretty good, but there's still a spot that extends slightly above my lip that's bright pink. The guy I'm talking to is either going to think I have herpes or that I don't have a steady enough hand to apply lipstick correctly. I don't know which option is worse.

Nov 21st 2014

going to think I have herpes

Well, so long as you're not applying for sex-ed.... it shouldn't matter too much, right?

Nov 21st 2014

It shouldn't matter if she's applying for sex-ed.

Applying for sex, on the other hand...

Nov 21st 2014

In a few cases, discrimination is encouraged. I guess boinking, with the diseased... is a good situation to avoid.

Nov 25th 2014

So I've been listening to the Cracked podcast since summer. It's pretty good. The guys - and they're almost all guys - try hard not to be dudes/bros. They're smart, and they mostly seem aware of their political biases. The topics are almost always interesting. I'd recommend it.

But I came here to say they were talking about tipping points this morning. Actually it was six months ago, but I was listening this morning. They mentioned how NBC targeted influential demographics in the hope their Thursday night lineup would catch on more generally as a result. But, they guy claimed, that only really worked with The Office, "which found its footing after the second season."

So yeah, sometimes they say terribly stupid things, but it's worth a listen anyway.

Nov 25th 2014

"which found its footing after the second season."

This is a brain on drugs. He must have meant the first season, right?

Nov 25th 2014

I'd have taken issue if he'd said that, but this was exponentially more ruhtarded.

Nov 25th 2014

Yeah, hating on S1 seems like what cool kids do, but bashing S2 is paste eating dumb.

Nov 25th 2014

NBC is just crap now, I think it's fair to say: they sent Community off into the internets and cancel anything that doesn't have Law & Order preceding the show title proper, and in all honesty I care nothing for any of their attempts at "dramedy" (a regrettable term forced upon the collective lexicon by someone who obviously hates human beings). I realize A to Z was never going to be good, necessarily, but it was decent enough in parts. I'm not even sure I want to see the last "season" of Parks & Rec just because I was one of those people fine with it ending last season like it did and would've been fine if that had been the finale.

In other words, hey there. Been a while since I posted anything here :-p

Nov 25th 2014

Network TV just keeps getting worse and worse. Thursday is now an empty wasteland. I'm not even sure if Parks & Rec is going to end up there. I will watch the final season because it wasn't terrible last year and there just isn't anything else to compete with it.

Nov 25th 2014

Amazon Prime video has been my refuge. I'm working my way through The Shield. It's inherently dated now - the series wrapped in 2008, and i'm only 60% through it. And it took a good season and a half to hit its stride. Good stuff, though. Great to watch a pre-Justified Walton Goggins. I haven't remembered to watch New Girl in over a month, and I don't even know when Parks & Rec returns, though I'll watch it half-heartedly when it does. What's the deal with Community? Is it a web series now?

Nov 25th 2014

I tivo New Girl & Mindy & Brooklyn 9-9. That's basically all I watch.

Oh, and re-runs of Steve Harvey's Family Feud.

Nov 25th 2014

I forgot about Brooklyn 99. Are new episodes airing?

Nov 25th 2014

Yes.

Nov 25th 2014

I tivo New Girl & Mindy & Brooklyn 9-9.

These plus Modern Family out of habit and Sleepy Hollow as my guilty pleasure. It takes place in Bri's neck of the woods so I imagine him fighting off demons in his spare time.

Nov 25th 2014

Sleepy Hollow

I watched one or two of this, but am planning to netflix it. Is it good?

Nov 25th 2014

Good may not be the right word. It's silly fun.

Nov 26th 2014 edited

I'm not even sure I want to see the last "season" of Parks & Rec just because I was one of those people fine with it ending last season like it did and would've been fine if that had been the finale.

I was fine with it ending last year, but then again I was also fine with the other "series finales" (Leslie winning the election, LesBen's wedding). So I'll tune in.

As far as network tv, I dvr Brooklyn 99, The Mindy Project, and Bob's Burgers. That's about it.

What's the deal with Community? Is it a web series now?

Yup.

Nov 26th 2014

I forgot Bob's Burgers.

unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (Tina noises)

Nov 26th 2014

Steve Harvey's Family Feud

I've caught this a few times at my mother in law's house...boy, that guy was made to host that show, huh? Talk about breathing new life into an old show.

I don't watch anything now. That's not to say I don't watch TV...I will turn it on at night and find some science or history show, or reruns of American Dad or Family Guy, or some old movie, or the news. But there is no show that I watch regularly since Breaking Bad.

Apr 20th 2015

When someone precedes an endorsement with "I can't possibly overstate how much this (blog, diet, shoe-tying technique, approach to taxidermy, alternative lifestyle) has done for me..." or some variant of that, I want to reply with, "Sure you can. You can say it's made you millions. Or that it increased your height by six inches and the number of foreign languages you speak by four."

I actually typed that on a co-worker's Facebook post but didn't post it since you never know if shit's gonna fly with some people.

Apr 20th 2015

approach to taxidermy

I knew a guy who was an amateur taxidermist. According to his wife, his first few attempts were...not successful.

Ew.

Apr 20th 2015

Oh, so we're doing taxidermy stories now?

When I was 30 I was really into birdwatching, and one cold winter morning I found a perfectly preserved Barred Owl (a pretty good sized owl) dead on my road...probably hit by a car that night. I picked it up (it had no visible damage) and put it in my freezer. I called a taxidermist and asked how much to get it mounted and he said: "Uhhh...I'm going to pretend that you didn't ask me that. I could have you arrested right now".

Apparently it's illegal to even POSESS the carcass of a bird of prey. Who knew? So after showing it to my friends for a week, I eventually dumped it in the woods. Thus ended my life of crime.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 939
  5. 940
  6. 941
  7. 942
  8. 943
  9. 944
  10. 945
  11. 946
  12. ...