Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Shooting the breeze : Non Office-related chatter
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 940
  5. 941
  6. 942
  7. 943
  8. 944
  9. 945
  10. 946
  11. 947
  12. ...
  13. 951
  14. >
28291 to 28320 of 28527
Apr 20th 2015

Also, whatevs! What is up with you?

Apr 20th 2015

I always wondered how serial killers got their starts.

Apr 21st 2015

Learning how to freeze corpses is one of those things they don't teach you in serial killer school. You just have to learn on your own.

Apr 21st 2015

Trial and error is an important step in learning any craft.

Apr 21st 2015 edited

Jinx!

Up to no good, as always.

Speaking of dead bodies in the freezer, my best friend has a tarantula in hers. She decided it was too pretty to throw out/bury/mulch/whatever you do with dead tarantulas, and is currently looking for someone who can make a paperweight out of it.

I have very strange friends.

Apr 21st 2015

I'm uncomfortable just knowing that arachnicicle is out there.

Apr 24th 2015

arachnicicle

Band name!

Jun 21st 2015

Allowing the South Carolina victims to speak to Dylan Roof was really cool, and I was blown away by the people forgiving him and asking him to turn to the Lord. They have a kind of strength that I don't have.

I've never seen that happen before, allowing victims to address a suspect. Is that a normal procedure?

Jul 9th 2015

I have poison ivy. My dog died today. I have a date tomorrow night. The poison ivy is on MY FACE.

My frickin' dog got hit by a car and now she's gone forever.

I had her from when she was 2 weeks old. I fed her puppy formula. I keep thinking that folks will think I'm some kind of irresponsible lame-o who couldn't keep a dog alive.

But she would have died 6 years ago if I didn't take care of her then.

Stop imagining what other people think, Toos!

Just think about the date, and how the poison ivy will magically clear up. It's already some better, but at the same time, not good enough.

I wish Coke didn't die.

Jul 9th 2015

AND - Donald Trump is the leading Republican candidate in NC.

WTF.

Jul 9th 2015

I'm so sorry about your dog Toos. (And your face as well).

Jul 9th 2015

Thanks, DC.

Jul 9th 2015

It really sucks that your dog got hit by a car. That happened to us once, and it made us feel like horrible people. You are not a horrible person.

Have you heard of Tecnu soap?. My husband uses it whenever he gets poison ivy.

This little story might cheer you up. On the 4th of July, we were walking at a state park, and my husband was yammering on about some plant and how awesome it was...blah, blah, blah. My son goes a little off the trail, touches a plant, and says, "Is this it, Dad?" And my husband says, "No, that's poison ivy." Then I watched as Son touches his eyes, face, etc. He never did get poison ivy though. I've never had it either.

Jul 9th 2015

That's awesome. You're lucky you're not allergic. :-) I haven't heard of Tecnu before. I'll have to check it out... I'm practically always getting into this stuff.

And thanks, Nerf. :-)

Jul 9th 2015

Sorry, Claire. I know you loved Coke, and I enjoyed your pics of him out and about. It's a shitty fact of life that dogs die, and we haven't found a way to keep it from happeNing. You sure found a way to bring lots of happiness to the life he had, which was a lot longer because of you. Not that it matters what anyone thinks, but no one thinks you're anything but a great dog owner.

Jul 9th 2015

Thanks, Brian. <3

Jul 10th 2015

I'm also sorry about your face. And the poison ivy on your face.

Hearing about your dog made me sad. I remember you telling us stories about Coke a long time ago. He seemed like a happy dog and I'm sure he had a good life.

Who is this date with tomorrow? You know we still need to approve of all romantic encounters. We don't want you to become a loose woman like...like...points in the general direction of NA ladies

Jul 11th 2015

points in the general direction of NA ladies

Those chicks are the worst.

I'm also sorry about your face. And the poison ivy on your face.

I see what you did there. You are the worst.

Who is this date with tomorrow?

So, let's call this dude... I dunno... "Jack." His name isn't Jack. He's a guy I met online, who lives about 45 minutes away, at the foot of the mountain. He's super great and I like him a lot. He has many good traits, and is fun to be around. He probably has a lot of bad traits, too. But so far, he's been keeping them under wraps. :-)

We've gone out a couple of times, and just added each other on facebook yesterday. Last night, we went to see a band I know, for a short while - the place was packed & we left to get Mexican food. Anyway, he seems to have close friendships with a couple of other girls, and (after learning that) I'm kind of unsure if he's wanting to, like, go out, or just, you know, also count me as a friend.

But he's nice and fun and I like spending time with him, so I guess it doesn't really matter... On one hand, I wish it was obvious, but I'm also more fine, in a way, with getting to know him, without a lot of pressure.

I feel like some things were better, and some things were weirder, last night than a couple of weeks ago... but I also feel that overall it's a generally positive situation, and unless he just decides to never talk to me again, it's all pretty good.

Jul 13th 2015

DANG IT. The only thing worse than oversharing is oversharing and having no replies.

I should have just emailed you, Jinx. If you ever even come back to see this post. ARGH.

Jul 13th 2015

No, no, no, I'm very interested in what you are doing. Like suspiciously interested. And it's probably only five people reading this now anyways, so it's just like an email. Sort of...if I forwarded all my emails to Bri and DC. Which I do.

But he's nice and fun and I like spending time with him

That's all that matters! You're way ahead of where I was on the dating scene when I was your age.

who lives about 45 minutes away, at the foot of the mountain

Sounds like the start of a superhero origin story.

Jul 13th 2015

This:

Anyway, he seems to have close friendships with a couple of other girls, and (after learning that) I'm kind of unsure if he's wanting to, like, go out, or just, you know, also count me as a friend.

sounds like you talking yourself out of committing or giving yourself an excuse if things don't go great. Everything else you said about him sounds great. The fact that he has friendships with other women is a good thing. Be wary of guys who don't get along with women.

Honestly, it sounds like you're on to something good. And it's not like he's a creep or worse, bald.

Jul 13th 2015

Sort of...if I forwarded all my emails to Bri and DC. Which I do.

That's where all those "male enhancement" e-mails are coming from!

Jul 13th 2015

Like suspiciously interested.

Good...? :-)

You're way ahead of where I was on the dating scene when I was your age.

I want to say, "It's because we're strong, Dwight." But it doesn't feel 100% right. But then again, it does feel over 50% right.

giving yourself an excuse if things don't go great

Absolutely I am. There's no evidence to suggest it will work out. All I can do is be ready for the inevitable. ;-)

And it's not like he's a creep or worse, bald.

He does have hair. But, not a creepy amount. So, you're right.

I actually added J to that list. Boy needs some help...

Jul 14th 2015

And it's not like he's a creep or worse, bald

Ha ha, you guys know very well that I am well endowed with back hair.

I said I'm well endowed!!!

Jul 14th 2015

This:

Anyway, he seems to have close friendships with a couple of other girls, and (after learning that) I'm kind of unsure if he's wanting to, like, go out, or just, you know, also count me as a friend.

sounds like you talking yourself out of committing or giving yourself an excuse if things don't go great.

Absolutely I am. There's no evidence to suggest it will work out. All I can do is be ready for the inevitable. ;-)

Oh, Toosie...

Jul 15th 2015

I've been a victim of my own low expectations plenty of times in my life, so I think I recognize (or project) that pattern. It's an understandable defense mechanism. But to be philosophical for a moment, I think the greatest things that have happened to me in my life have come when I just let good things happen to me without forcing them, on one hand, or sabotaging them on the other. If nothing else, you can expect the best as easily as you can expect the worst, so why not expect the best? If nothing else, you deserve it.

Jul 15th 2015

I think the greatest things that have happened to me in my life have come when I just let good things happen to me without forcing them, on one hand, or sabotaging them on the other.

You're obviously talking about meeting me. blushes

I get what you're saying, and I don't think I'm doing anything really wrong right now, but you know, just telling you guys what I'm thinking. I don't really want to be all in love and have him be, like... "yeah, you're some girl i know. you're... the one with hair, right? what's your name again?"

If nothing else, you deserve it.

blushes for real

Jul 15th 2015

I don't think I'm doing anything really wrong right now

I don't think you are either. If he refers to you as "some girl I know," kick him in the box.

Jul 17th 2015

sigh...when are we all gonna get that house and live together like we all talked about?

Jul 20th 2015

I really miss this place.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 940
  5. 941
  6. 942
  7. 943
  8. 944
  9. 945
  10. 946