Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Shooting the breeze : Non Office-related chatter
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 941
  5. 942
  6. 943
  7. 944
  8. 945
  9. 946
  10. 947
  11. 948
  12. ...
  13. 951
  14. >
28321 to 28350 of 28527
Jul 21st 2015

I follow some obscure blogs, including a zoology/biology blog which is frequented by leading scientists in that discipline. They are right now talking about how recent DNA testing has allowed them to classify mammals better, so that they can group orders like primates, rodents, bats, etc into larger groups, based on who split from who first. One of the groups has a proposed name of "Scrotifera" (of which we, as primates, are a member), which are mammals which have descended testicles (a scrotum) as one of the defining features. Someone complained that this was not politically correct, because women would object to being part of a group that is defined by an anatomical feature which they do not have. Another scientist responded "We males have put up with the name Mammalia for centuries without any discomfort. How's Scrotifera different?"

I just thought this was incredibly funny and had to share. The scientists on that blog just zoomed right past that and were on to discussing something else.

Jul 29th 2015

Bri, my facebook randomly just told me that you like a PTA named for a non-president. I want to comment, "Ben Franklin's kind of a perv."

But I won't.

You're welcome.

Jul 30th 2015

Yeah, that's where my wife teaches. Your prudence is appreciated. Not that you're a prude.

Aug 19th 2015

I just thought this was incredibly funny and had to share.

Late, but laughing anyway.

Aug 23rd 2015

Hypothetical:

Choice A is unattractive, panic-inducing and not anything you ever wanted but pretty much where you always thought you'd end up.

Choice B is a sinking ship, less lucrative, unrewarding and mind-numbing but not exactly painful.

Thoughts? Asking for a friend.

Aug 23rd 2015

Are we talking women, jobs, or where to go for dinner tonight?

Aug 24th 2015

One of the above. Survey said, Choice A. Fingers crossed.

Aug 24th 2015

Fingers crossed.

Hoping for the best!

Aug 24th 2015

What kind of...umm...woman is choice A? Is it a different part of the same woman you're with now? Or a completely new woman?

Aug 24th 2015

TheVeryBestofLuckToYou, Bri!

Aug 24th 2015

This sounds much like a choice I need to make in the next week. It woke me up at 2:30 am in a panic.

Aug 24th 2015

I've yet to sleep a full night in two weeks. I took a Benadryl last night and was still up for an hour. I made my move this morning, though it won't be public for a few weeks. I'd say my anxiety is 20% better. Maybe 15%.

Aug 24th 2015

This sounds much like a choice I need to make in the next week.

Whether to take the Lexus or the BMW to the Hamptons, amirite? #RichPeopleProblems

Aug 24th 2015

But seriously, both of you need to spill here.

Aug 24th 2015

I concur. Give us the deets.

You know, from a home computer or phone or whatever.

Aug 24th 2015

In my case, my current company went through a bankruptcy and was purchased by a conglomerate that has no real idea what we do. They are keeping us on, but I see my career slowing circling the bowl if I stay too long. I've been looking for alternatives in the area, but haven't had any luck. I do have an offer from another company, but it has two slight drawbacks: First, it's a small company with uncertain prospects, probably only definitely secure for 3 years. The second is that it's in England which is a bit far from all my family. I'm not sure I'm bold enough to take that step, but if I turn it down I may find my job prospects highly limited. I have about 6 days to decide.

Aug 25th 2015

Eff. Good luck, man. I'd offer some advice, but I've learned something about myself recently. Decision-making brings on crippling anxiety for me. I'm loath to change until it's forced upon me. And I typically regret even the decisions that in hindsight worked out better than expected. I'll share my own deets when I'm on a more secure platform. In the meantime, I'm going to buy a Win For Life lottery card later. It's my most optimistic long-term plan.

Aug 25th 2015

Decision-making brings on crippling anxiety for me. I'm loath to change until it's forced upon me. And I typically regret even the decisions that in hindsight worked out better than expected.

Please get out of my head.

Aug 28th 2015
Aug 30th 2015

I'd offer some advice, but I've learned something about myself recently. Decision-making brings on crippling anxiety for me. I'm loath to change until it's forced upon me. And I typically regret even the decisions that in hindsight worked out better than expected

Mr. A suffers from this as well. I call it decision-remorse. It exists every time, even when he made the best possible decision. Speaking of which, we went through this in May.

Mr. A chose the small company that would most definitely be around for a while longer but that pays significantly less and works longer harder hours. However, he's learning new stuff that he's interested in so...win-lose-win.

I would just like to add...think of your SOs and give them some extra love. It's very hard to stand by and watch the deliberation over such a decision which will affect us greatly, but which, if we are smart and love you, we may not make or really influence.

Aug 31st 2015

I would just like to add...think of your SOs and give them some extra love. It's very hard to stand by and watch the deliberation over such a decision which will affect us greatly, but which, if we are smart and love you, we may not make or really influence.

So much truth to this and not unappreciated in my home. I'll have deets to share later this week.

Aug 31st 2015

I have been giving my wife veto power if she wants it, but surprisingly she keeps handing it back to me. Drat.

Bri, I am anxiously awaiting your story. I was hoping to finish mine this weekend, but still needed some more information. Hopefully done by Friday.

Aug 31st 2015

Good luck to both of you. Don't eff it up.

(England sounds interesting - think of how painfully polite everyone would be)

Sep 3rd 2015 edited

Crossing my fingers for both of you as well. I believe in y'all!

Sep 3rd 2015 edited

I just quit my job of 15 years to take a better paying job in PR. Aside from my childhood home, I've never been anywhere or with anything else as long. I feel nauseous.

Sep 3rd 2015

I just quit my job of 15 years to take a better paying job in PR.

San Juan?

Sep 3rd 2015

You stole my joke, STT.

Who will you be working for now? Also, mo money, mo problems.

Sep 3rd 2015 edited

I just quit my job of 15 years to take a better paying job in PR. Aside from my childhood home, I've never been anywhere or with anything else as long. I feel nauseous.

Don't look back. Think about all the amazing new stuff you're going to get to do!

Also, congratulations!

Sep 3rd 2015 edited

Thanks! I still want to throw up. But I'm on a sinking ship, so to leave on my own terms is a rare gift.

Who will you be working for now? Also, mo money, mo problems.

A local B O C E S. I could really use the extra problems.

Sep 3rd 2015

But I'm on a sinking ship, so to leave on my own terms is a rare gift.

Amen to that...congrats, Bri!!!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 941
  5. 942
  6. 943
  7. 944
  8. 945
  9. 946
  10. 947
  11. 948