Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Shooting the breeze : Non Office-related chatter
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 943
  5. 944
  6. 945
  7. 946
  8. 947
  9. 948
  10. 949
  11. 950
  12. 951
  13. >
28441 to 28470 of 28527
Jan 18th 2016
Jan 19th 2016

Profoundly sad. I spent last evening listening to all my Eagle's cds. With wine.

Feb 1st 2016

So I've intentionally kept updates on the job situation to a minimum while I worked on pulling my head out of my ass the past 6-8 weeks. The short version is that through constant outreach I landed a gig back at my old place. Thing is, that took a long to to finagle. Then I had to, because of the nature of the new gig, give twice the notice I normally would. All the while things improved. And the advantages of staying grew really clear. But it was too late. I'd committed to what increasingly looked like a major career setback. But the strangest last day in the history of last days - complete with hugs goodbye and cake - ended with me being allowed to rescind my resignation and burning all bridges at a place I'd previously left on good terms. Win-lose. Not ideal, but I'll take it.

Feb 1st 2016

Wait, are you saying you stayed at the new place rather than return to your old place? But that the new place had improved so much that it looks good now? I think this sounds like a good thing, but I'm easily confused. If it is, congratulations!

Feb 2nd 2016

Wow...the good news here is, that there are two places that really want you. Kind of like me and women, except replace "really want" with "don't want", and instead of two, it's all of them.

Feb 2nd 2016

Yep, it's all good news, except for the unnecessary bridge burning, which will nag at me for a long time. And yeah, I admit these were nice problems to have compared to, say, unemployment. I wish I knew what I was doing right, but I'm going to try not to think too much about it so I don't screw the pooch.

Feb 2nd 2016

I have had times in my career where people thought I was awesome and I wasn't sure if I deserved it, and times when people thought I stunk, and I didn't deserve that either. I've found that a good strategy is not to think about why too much, and just try to move your career into paths where you're working with people that think you're awesome.

Feb 3rd 2016

I wish I knew what I was doing right

I think if you're happy, it's right. And it sounds like you'll be happy, long-term. Those people will forgive you, if they actually like you. Eventually.

Feb 3rd 2016

Don't give him false hope, Toosie. Bri is kind of like Josh from the Stamford branch. And we all saw what happened to him.

Feb 4th 2016

I'm more like the manger who was thrown out of every strip club in Albany. Or like Butch Cassidy.

Feb 4th 2016

like Josh from the Stamford branch

Someone smart enough to bail in Season 3?

Feb 7th 2016

Way to go, Bri. That kind if decision is so hard to make, but in the end, what is best for you is best for your family, regardless of bridges. If those people are worth maintaining bridges with, then the bridge won't stay burned. They'll understand.

Feb 7th 2016

Thanks. I feel badly about the individual but not the employer or industry that crapped on the livelihood of thousands of colleagues in the last decade.

Mar 1st 2016

Anque, you don't still work at Day Hall, do you? I think I recall you are a programmer now.

Anyways, I was at Cornell on Sunday and walked past Day Hall twice, and thought of you. Then on Monday, I saw an article that a Western Tanager has been living at Day Hall for the past week. A Western Tanager is a bird that is almost unheard of around here, so I wish that I had known that on Sunday.

So I wish that I had seen Anque, or the Western Tanager. Or Anque putting out bird seed for the Western Tanager. Or any combination of the two.

Mar 1st 2016

Where did you go to school again?

Mar 1st 2016

Perhaps you've heard of it? A little place called "Trump University".

Mar 3rd 2016 edited

Anque, you don't still work at Day Hall, do you? I think I recall you are a programmer now.

I did! Up on the fourth floor of Day Hall for five years. (Lots of NAing from there) I'm getting my computer science degree now...I have one more semester left. (I had to take medical leave this semester so I'll graduate in December.)

So I wish that I had seen Anque, or the Western Tanager. Or Anque putting out bird seed for the Western Tanager. Or any combination of the two.

I could have sworn I saw you today in the parking lot behind the Ithaca Journal building. I looked up and there was someone sitting in a minivan that was right next to my car that smiled. I was struck by the feeling that I should recognize them from somewhere so I smiled genuinely and then kept going getting the boys in the car, all while wracking my brain for who it could be. I realized that they looked like you after I was about halfway home. Then I found myself feeling those same feelings again of wishing we could all be real friends in real life.

What I'm trying to say is I like you guys. A lot. But I would never say that to your face.

Mar 3rd 2016

What I'm trying to say is I like you guys. A lot. But I would never say that to your face.

Same. Compliments are for suckers.

Mar 7th 2016

They show weakness.

Apr 4th 2016 edited

I had insomnia last night. It used to be a frequent occurrence, but it's a rarity now. Anyway, I went to the fifth page of threads and started reading random ones. I also read the first five Season 9 episode threads. There are many characters who I'd have sworn were never a part of this show.

Plop, for instance.

Apr 4th 2016

I forgot that guy! And Dwight Jr!

Apr 4th 2016

Peterin!

Apr 5th 2016

Peterin!

I would have rather watched 3 seasons of those two than....the other thing.

Apr 11th 2016

There is a girl working out on our manufacturing floor that looks just like Toosie, or looks like what I imagine she looks like, based on the few photos I've seen of her (I'm not a stalker). Every time I pass her I feel like smiling or winking, like we have some kind of ten year old online friendship where we've discussed personal things, like dating, careers, and what we really think about Bri. But of course we don't, and now she probably thinks I'm giving her the eye.

It would be a lot simpler if the real Toosie would move to Rochester and take a job here, so I wouldn't look so crazy.

Apr 11th 2016

Is her hair longish or shortish? I'm thinking of cutting mine... Don't be creepy to that chick, ok? Just be creepy here. :-)

Apr 11th 2016

I think it is longish...it is under a hair net, so I'm not sure.

Just be creepy here.

What I wanna know is, does the carpet match the drapes?

Apr 12th 2016

Not awkward at all, even 19 hours later.

Apr 12th 2016

I think it is longish...it is under a hair net, so I'm not sure.

Maybe I should just try that for a while?

Apr 12th 2016

Hair nets are the new fedora.

Apr 12th 2016

Do it now, then? Before they're too popular?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 943
  5. 944
  6. 945
  7. 946
  8. 947
  9. 948
  10. 949
  11. 950
  12. 951