Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Shooting the breeze : Non Office-related chatter
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 943
  5. 944
  6. 945
  7. 946
  8. 947
  9. 948
  10. 949
  11. 950
  12. 951
  13. >
28501 to 28527 of 28527
Feb 25th 2017

Is writing with a crayon a drawback?

Feb 25th 2017

Naaah. In fact, I think you could even be President with that skill level.

ducks the tomatoes flying in chucked by the anti-political people

Mar 16th 2017

Here's a gross story. So this morning, I was walking out of my house, with all of my things, and was closing the door behind me. As I was walking out, I had a phlegmy cough. I was like, "Gross. I'll spit outside." As I was closing the door, I shut my hand in the door. It freakin' hurt and there's still a bump on my finger that hurts when you touch it.

When my hand caught, I yipped. When I yipped, I drooled out phlegm on my chin.

Mar 16th 2017

You are bringing the sexy today.

Mar 16th 2017

Right? Haha

Mar 17th 2017

That's always a fun time, when you burp/throw up or shart yourself, and you're in public and running to find a restroom or something, and you think to yourself "I'm a fine piece of work right here..."

Mar 17th 2017

I assume that Toosie realized that her story wasn't quite FB appropriate, but she still wanted to share it, so she came to the only place where she knew she could. NA is basically a place for pseudo-anonymous confessions. In connection with that story, I initially signed into here, planning to tell a story of the last time I shat myself. Then, after a brief pause I decided not to share that story. I am home with a sick kid today. I have been fairly productive since I got up but the last hour has been a waste. And now I'm here so... productivity isn't looking to improve. We are heading to Florida in two days for our March Break, so hopefully the sickness runs its course before we all go there. We haven't been for four years, so we are all really excited about the trip. I was thinking about lighting up a bunch of threads to see if I could get some conversations started. But then I realized it'll likely be days before anyone sees it, so I probably won't bother. Oh, except I do have a question, but I'm gonna look for an appropriate thread to put it in.

Oh. And hi, all!

Mar 17th 2017

Hey! I (stupidly) check this site multiple times a day. I'll see it. Go ahead & light some threads up.

last time I shat myself

I love this because it casually references the fact that it's happened multiple times.

Mar 17th 2017

Hey! I (stupidly) check this site multiple times a day. I'll see it. Go ahead & light some threads up.

Well I would, but then, I'd probably be just giving you a platform to write a bunch of sarcastic responses like you did with my NYC question. And I mean, I'm sure that would be fun. For you. And no one else.

Mar 17th 2017

Oh, let me have my fun.

Mar 17th 2017

I think I've got some stomach bug that has me thinking about sharting. I'm really hoping it passes.

Mar 17th 2017

We are heading to Florida

I thought Trump was going to put a stop to undesirables coming into our country?

Mar 17th 2017

We are heading to Florida

I thought Trump was going to put a stop to undesirables coming into our country?

Take that, Daoust! You lame jerk!

Mar 17th 2017

Southerners are next on the Trump forbidden list, Toosie. Even though Southerners are my second favorite kind of American. (Everyone else is tied for first)

Jun 3rd 2017

Huh. Been a while.

Jun 3rd 2017

So, you're still alive? Good to know, good to know.

Jun 4th 2017

Good to be known.

Jun 5th 2017

gb! I was just thinking about you the other day! So glad you're here!

Jun 5th 2017

Which one is griefbone?

Jun 13th 2017

Is he the Karen lover?

Aug 23rd 2017

I saw some other people here post eclipse stuff on Facebook...did anyone see totality? We drove down to Tennessee because one of our friends just moved there. It was totally worth the trip. My wife didn't think anything about the eclipse and just wanted to visit her friend, but she was blown away. The street lights came on, the night time bugs started chirping...it was quite a sight.

Driving back was horrible, though. I heard a million people visited Nashville, and although we were in a small town outside of Nashville, we got caught up in all that traffic. After 9 hours of driving, we were still in mid Kentucky. We had a hotel reservation for Columbus, OH, but never made it...we slept in the car in a hotel parking lot, as did a lot of other people.

I didn't know until recently that the 2024 eclipse goes right through western NY, so for the next one, I'm watching in my backyard. I'm not going anywhere that day, as I'm guessing that everyone from New York City will be traveling to western NY for that show.

The best thing I saw was some trailer business in rural Kentucky had a sign by the road next to their small parking lot saying "Eclipse Parking 5$". I just thought it was hilarious.

The other neat thing was that as our host was showing us around her small town, we drove through the village traffic circle and in the middle was a statue of a distinguished looking general. I was like "Is that...is that a Confederate statue?" She said "I think so", and I looked it up and sure enough it was Confederate general Robert H. Hatton. I asked if she wanted me to drive into it and knock it over, but she politely declined.

Aug 24th 2017

We were supposed to have about 75% coverage here, but it was very cloudy, so we didn't notice a thing. I had made a cereal box projection viewer, but didn't need it.

Did you guys see this hopeful message to us from the previous eclipse in 1979?

Aug 24th 2017

Borrowed a co-workers glasses to see it in Charlotte. Never really got dark here, even with 98% coverage.

I have some family in Charleston. They got totality, so it was a much better show.

Sep 1st 2017

Yeah, less than full eclipse is really anticlimactic.

Sep 26th 2017

We watched it from up here and it gave me and Mr. A a really weird headache.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 943
  5. 944
  6. 945
  7. 946
  8. 947
  9. 948
  10. 949
  11. 950
  12. 951