Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.23 The Chump
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 44
May 8th 2010
  • Season 6 : Episode 23
  • First aired on May 13, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

HAS MICHAEL MATURED?-- AMY PIETZ (“ALIENS IN AMERICA,”“CAROLINE IN THE CITY) GUEST STARS— Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) is surprisingly cheerful after learning some bad news about Donna (guest star Amy Pietz). The new parents, Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski), have trouble staying awake in the office. Meanwhile, Angela (Angela Kinsey) takes matters into her own hands when Dwight (Rainn Wilson) refuses to honor their contract. Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, B.J. Novak, Ellie Kemper, Paul Lieberstein and Craig Robinson also star.

May 10th 2010

FIRST!

I liked last weeks ep, so I'm going to hold out that most insane of hopes that The Office will be able to string together two good shows in a row this season. Starting here.

May 10th 2010

I'm looking forward to the futher story of the contract. Michael being the other man not so much.

May 11th 2010

I feel like the plot lines in this episode have sort have been almost-dropped, then all of a sudden remembered. It's been a long time since Dwight and Angela talked about their baby contract or whatever. And I think that Jim & Pam would have suffered through a lot of sleepless nights in the however many months it's been since their baby was born.

And I just don't even care about Michael & Donna. Like, at all.

May 11th 2010

Yeah, the Jim and Pam story seems a little out of sequence.

May 11th 2010

If it's any consolation, back when the show was good they aired it out of sequence all the time.

May 11th 2010

Shall I play the part of Extreme Rationalizer? Maybe the sleep deprivation is just now catching up with them.

May 11th 2010

True. The Injury was definitely out of place.

May 13th 2010

Well, obviously this episode generated a lot of comments. Try to restrain your enthusiam everyone. I actually liked it. Dwight and Angela still make an entertaining pair and Darryl reminiscing about the nap spot was fun.

May 13th 2010

I liked it as well, DC. I also loved Creed's moments. Darryl always rocks.

May 13th 2010

Meredith had a funny TH as well. I don't believe Wanted is Creed's favorite James McAvoy movie. I'm sure it's Atonement.

May 13th 2010

Wait, was this on tonight?

May 13th 2010

I thought the cold open was good, and there were some good lines sprinkled throughout. The Dwangela negotiation was good. I cared less about Michael/Donna than I did Andy/Erin. Which I didn't think was possible. Another forgettable episode in a forgettable season.

May 13th 2010

I didn't care about the Michael/Donna stuff either, but then I don't think we were supposed to unlike another couple that shall remain unnamed. Angela begging for eye contact was disturbing and funny.

May 13th 2010

Angela begging for eye contact was disturbing and funny.

"I'm not a farm animal."

This one was odd, but I liked it. I also liked Michael insisting that he was always Beyonce as opposed to Ali Larter.

May 13th 2010

It was OK. I thought the Dwight/Angela stuff was retarded, and not in a joking with your friends way. I did like Andy's baseball comments. I can tell that everyone is on the edge of their seats about the cliffhanger tag.

May 13th 2010

I can't even remember what the tag was now. What was it?

May 13th 2010

I'm not telling.

I did like the cold open.

May 14th 2010

Was this the season finale?

May 14th 2010

I thought this one was hilarious. So, so funny. I liked the first part. It reminded me of the who/whom stuff. There were a couple of things weren't so good, but even Dwight was funny. I freakin' loved it.

May 14th 2010

I thought it was one of the funniest of the season. Creed, Meredith (yes Meredith!) and almost everyone else was funny. The opening was also great.

I'm looking forward to the finale next week.

May 14th 2010

Nope the season Finale is all about the printers catching fire. It's next week. I liked it. I wanted them to make an Idris Elba comment when mentioning Aly and Beyonce. Creed's moments were great so were Darnell.

May 14th 2010 edited

I laughed at that whole cold open. Especially the reinactment of the bullet going through all their throats. Jim had a good line in there too, but I forget exactly what he said.

The other scene I laughed out loud at was the montage of Dwight trying to sabotage his sperm. The drumsticks and the bike riding were especially funny.

I thought John and Jenna both did believable jobs of falling asleep while Gabe was talking to them. I imagine that's how I look when I'm falling asleep in church, or behind the wheel. Another good acting moment of a continuous scene was of Michael in the car. With just his facial expressions you could see what he was thinking. That's good acting right there, I don't care what anyone says.

The scenes at the baseball diamond were comedic opportunities wasted. I understand that they were going for the awkward moment there, which they did nicely with Michael trying to shake the guys hand through the fence, but otherwise those scenes fell flat for me.

May 14th 2010 edited

I imagine that's how I look when I'm falling asleep in church, or behind the wheel.

It's how I look when I reading one of your hockey posts.

May 14th 2010 edited

That's how I look when I am reading another post your damn chickens or your anti-union propaganda, or your kooky conservative agendas!

May 14th 2010 edited

That's how I look when I'm banging your...

No, that's too far.

May 14th 2010

Drums. I meant to say "drums".

May 14th 2010

That's funny, because I never fall asleep when I'm banging your...drums.

May 14th 2010 edited

Well, your drum is a lot bigger than my drum. And it gets a lot more use.

May 14th 2010

I think you're mixing up metaphors, and in my favour.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 44
Top of PageBack to discussions