Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
6.24 Whistleblower
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
151 to 160 of 160
May 28th 2010

I have to believe the major problem is the loss of Greg Daniels and his commitment to maintaining character/story integrity. Listening to the S2-3 commentaries there are a number of times where the writers or actors mention that everything from storylines to costume changes had to be run by him. He had a vision of what the show should be and controlled it down the tiniest detail. The combination of him leaving, a number of new writers coming and the fact that Mindy Kaling seems to think the show is a screwball comedy have all contributed to the failures this year, but Daniels was the originator of the show and his loss has been the biggest problem.

May 28th 2010

DC and I make some great points.

May 28th 2010

Good analysis by DC, Daoust, and Jinx.

May 28th 2010

We are effing brilliant!

May 28th 2010

Glad I could contribute.

May 28th 2010

Three cheers for everyone!

Hip-hip HOORAY!
Hip-hip HOORAY!
Hip-hip HOORAY!

Nice work, group. You can all go home early today.

May 28th 2010

Wasn't sure where to post this, but it looks like The Office is NBC's top rated scripted show. By far.

2009/10 Full Series Rankings

Don't expect a graceful exit anytime soon.

May 28th 2010

I smell a summer writing contest: plot summaries/script ideas for a series finale.

Jul 6th 2010 edited

Sorry for the bump, but I finally got around to watching this and the P&R finale on my DVR last night. I actually thought it was a decent episode in and of itself. I laughed a lot and I always like when Michael seems normal and does something like take the bullet for his employees. It validates all of his "these are my best friends" talk he does.

But as a finale? Weak. Why should I care to watch Season 7 without any real reason to other than cheap laughs? I mean I will, because I'm a sucker and have the brain of a 12 year old so those cheap laughs will work on me; but aside from Holly Flax possibly being brought back for an episode or two next year what did they leave us to connect next year with?

Wasn't sure where to post this, but it looks like The Office is NBC's top rated scripted show. By far.

I see things like this nearly weekly and don't even waste my breath talking about a "graceful" and quick exit because it's not happening. This thing is going 8 seasons at minimum with the rest of the cast sans SC signed on. It's cliche but for NBC it's actually accurate -- even a shitty Office is better for NBC than anything else they have done in the past few years.

Jul 6th 2010 edited

even a shitty Office is better for NBC than anything else they have done in the past few years.

I'd say Community and Parks and Rec may have made that less true than in earlier years, but their ratings aren't high enough to replace The Office. So, hello Season 8.

ETA Reading back over the Season 6 threads, I realized what a terrible season this was, almost as bad as Season 8. Other than Niagara, there was almost nothing of value here. The Sabre plotline was completely underdeveloped for something so vital to the office and Pam being pregnant gave us basically zip. Much as I predicted in the S5 finale.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
151 to 160 of 160
Top of PageBack to discussions