Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
2010 Summer Contest
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 147
Jul 17th 2010 edited

bwc and I are the CPC this year. We also have a secret Committee member on our team, who will be filling in while bwc's gone and maybe if I have to be gone, he'll fill in for me, too.

So, we're kinda late this year. And the contest will run into September(!). And we don't have a cutesy name for the contest this year. If someone thinks of something awesome, let us know and we'll call it that. Unless it's just "Boobs: the 2010 Summer Contest." Well, actually, even if it was that, we'd probably call it that. So, any names? Suggest 'em.

Ok. We're late and it's maybe a simpler version of the contest, but also maybe more interesting. Here's how it'll go.

8 weeks. 16 prompts. 8 weekly winners. 1 overall winner.

Schedule
Week 1 Mon, July 19 (4 prompts)
Week 2 Mon, July 26 (vote)
Week 3 Mon, August 2 (4 prompts)
Week 4 Mon, August 9 (vote)
Week 5 Mon, August 16 (4 prompts)
Week 6 Mon, August 23 (vote)
Week 7 Mon, August 30 (4 prompts)
Week 8 Mon, Sept 6 (vote)
Reveal Winners Mon, Sept 13

Entries
Each Prompts Week you can respond to as of the prompts as you want (only 1 unedited response per prompt). You can just respond to 1, or respond to all 4. You can enter all 16 challenges, just one per week, or just one out of the entire contest.

Voting
You cannot vote for yourself. You automatically get one vote for each entry.

You vote for your favorite response to each prompt, so you submit 4 votes each week. The winner for each week is the person with the most votes, regardless of how many prompts they respond to. The overall winner is the person with the greatest total number of votes.

Chatter
Chatter about the entries is allowed as soon as voting starts. It's been banned in the past, but this year, we want to keep the interest up and maybe make it easier for people to play. What's the worst that could happen?

We're set to start Monday, but I only requested prompts today....I emailed 12 people for 12 prompts. The first 4 back will be the first week's prompts. I gotta email 4 more, because I'm a moron.

Questions? Hope not. We'll see how Monday goes.

Jul 17th 2010 edited

I count 16 prompts, but I am old.

Jul 17th 2010

Yes. 16. That's what I said.

Jul 17th 2010 edited

It's not nice to eff with the elderly.

Jul 17th 2010

Awesome!

Jul 19th 2010

So, I technically have 4 prompts, but a couple would be from the same person. I'm gonna go ahead and post what I have today at (East Coast) lunch time.

There's some great ideas, and I think it'll be lots of fun - it's just that I sent out prompt requests at the last freakin' second. Sorry guys. We'll do what we can, ok?

Jul 19th 2010

I posted the first 4 prompts for this week. What's everyone think? Some are specific, some are totally open-ended. Next week we'll be able to talk about the entries and vote for our faves. Sound good?

Jul 19th 2010

Just so we're clear: the deadline for entries is Sunday at 11:59pm?

Jul 19th 2010

Right-O. (Sorry it took a while to get these up.) It's still almost a full week, though.

Jul 19th 2010

What's everyone think?

I think it is fine work by everyone involved. I don't know how much I'll be able to participate this week because I sold some paper and now I'm going on a trip Thursday. But I'll have to make time to answer Bri's prompt about going off the rails.

Jul 19th 2010

That was intentionally provocative. Not everyone will agree with "off the rails," but "somewhat askew" might not motivate as many replies.

(Sorry it took a while to get these up.)

That's what the fluffer said.

Jul 19th 2010

I almost put "The Office in the Ditch, uh, Off Track" but didn't.

Jul 19th 2010

because I sold some paper and now I'm going on a trip Thursday.

Enjoy the Lord of the Rings tour in New Zealand!

Jul 19th 2010

Hopefully I won't run into Dwight.

Jul 19th 2010

Thanks for doing this, Toos and bwc. Awesome job so far.

Jul 20th 2010

I don't wanna look like I'm fishing for complements. Or compliments. Or supplements. Or condiments.

I (basically) want to make sure everyone's cool with the new layout and thinks it'll be easier and more interesting. Hopefully everyone will be able to stretch him- or herself creatively this summer.

But I guess the only way to know if it works is to try it, right? Just jump right in and hope for the best? I mean it is the first time, for everyone, that we've done it this way.

Jul 20th 2010 edited

So you're fishing for condoms. Got it.

I like the format, for the record. I think it'll encourage participation, as opposed to past years whenthe goal was to keep things manageable.

Jul 21st 2010

Lookie, 2C, there's one swimming your way! (a compliment, not a prophylactic.)

Way to change things up. I like the new pick and choose or quit your day job and fully participate setup. Nice work. Thanks for not letting the summer contest die. You are a gentlewoman and a scholar.

You still need prompts or are you set? I've been away a few days and am still sorting through my emails.

Jul 21st 2010

Yeah! Still need prompts! Thanks, gt.

Jul 21st 2010

Ok I'll attempt to get my still relaxed brain out of vacation mode soon and get you something(s.) No guarantee on today, though. Body is here but the mind is fighting the return.

Jul 21st 2010

No prob. I'm posting them in the order they come, but right now, you'd have a good chance at being Challenge #5. Whenever's a good time for you is a good time for me.

Jul 21st 2010

Whenever's a good time for you is a good time for me.

Jul 22nd 2010 edited

Ok wow... I forgot to think of prompts today. I'm off for an evening walk so something's bound to occur to me within the next hour. Or not.

Jul 23rd 2010

Stickied.

Also, Nerfy kicking things off strong.

Jul 23rd 2010

I get here at lunch time and everything's sticky. WTH happened this morning?

Jul 23rd 2010

Thanks, Bri!

Jul 23rd 2010 edited

I get here at lunch time and everything's sticky. WTH happened this morning?

Let's get a blacklight, and figure it out.

Jul 23rd 2010

Hey Toos so when's the deadline for entering this week? I need to know how long I have to procrastinate.

Jul 23rd 2010

This Sunday at midnight.

Jul 24th 2010

We've just got the rest of today and all day tomorrow, guys. I'm gonna do mine tonight sometime. Otherwise, Nerf"ll just win by default.

Here's the links:

Challenge 1 - Vertical Comics

Challenge 2 - The Office Off Track.

Challenge 3 - Mom of a Son of a Preacher Man: The Lost Years of Jan Levinson and Assturd

Challenge 4 - Dwight-ish

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 147
Top of PageBack to discussions