Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Doin'It Don Draper Style; the *Mad Men* Thread.
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 17
  12. >
1 to 30 of 501
Jul 26th 2010

All things Mad Men; go.

Jul 26th 2010

Can't edit the title; mods feel free to help out.

Jul 26th 2010 edited

moved

Oh my God, y'all.

Major Mad Men Spoilers to follow:

If I wasn't in love with Don Draper before, I am now. But not in the good way.

He is an absolute beast. He's a masochist (sp?) who understands that he is a fundamentally flawed human being.

He pays a woman to beat him. On Thanksgiving.

Wowie wow.

How comfortable can one become with one's flaws? Weiner has it down, apparently, and I respect him for it.

Shuffles off for a rewatch...

Jul 26th 2010

Betty Draper is really, really, starting to annoy me. She's obnoxious, self-centered, weak, and stupid. If she weren't so good-lookin' I'd want her off my television.

Jul 26th 2010

Not readin'. Just saying, nicely done here. Although, shouldn't the title be something about Betty or Joan naked? Or Betty and Joan naked?

Jul 26th 2010

I think we can in good conscience post anything we want in here without spoiler warnings, and that is how I plan to proceed until I get banned by a moderator.

Jul 26th 2010

Is Bri's post a spoiler?

Jul 26th 2010 edited

I don't know squat, so I doubt it. Spoil away, I say. Maybe add the word "spoiler" to the thread title so it's clear, i.e. The Spoilery Mad Men Thread.

Jul 26th 2010

Is Bri's post a spoiler?

If only.

Jul 26th 2010

I know I've posted it before, but I still thoroughly enjoy this: Don Draper's Guide to Picking Up Women.

Jul 27th 2010 edited

Betty Draper is really, really, starting to annoy me.

This. I think she and her mother-in-law need to have a cage match. My money's on the MIL.

That was an amazingly flattering suit our man Draper wore.

Jul 27th 2010

That was an amazingly flattering suit our man Draper wore.

Maybe I need to be watching Mad Men.

Jul 27th 2010

There's a TMI picture of John Hamm in tight pants on some red carpet somewhere. Perhaps some of you have seen it?

Jul 27th 2010

No, I haven't, but I'd love to.

Jul 27th 2010

Knock yourself out! There are two pictures.

Jul 27th 2010 edited

Oh my! He's a leftie. So to speak.

Also, thanks!

Jul 27th 2010

I don't see what's so wrong with the pink shirt and brown tie. Maybe if the collar wasn't white, it'd look a little better.

Jul 27th 2010

Oh my! He's a leftie. So to speak.

You so funny. Word.

Jul 31st 2010

I have just finished watching three seasons of Mad Men in under six weeks. I'm plenty fine with my choices.

Totally over my Betty crush, by the way, and firmly on Team Joanie.

Aug 1st 2010

Totally over my Betty crush, by the way, and firmly on Team Joanie.

Well then, all is right with the universe.

You know how I know how awesome this show is? I've been re-watching the season three finale and the season four opener pretty much all week, and there are never any parts I want to fast-forward through.

Well, the commercials. Anyway. You know what I mean.

Aug 1st 2010

I watched tonight's episode in a Snuggie, which, apparently is not Don Draper style. Who knew?

Aug 1st 2010

Wow...so Glen...scary. And Lee Garner? What a prick.

Aug 1st 2010

I watched tonight's episode in a Snuggie, which, apparently is not Don Draper style.

Girl.

I continue to be fascinated by this man's flaws. He is just the worst, but, much like Betty, he gets away with a crapload of misconduct just because he is pretty.

Gross.

Also, the Glenn and Sally stuff they've introduced? Gold. What a couple of truly messed up kids.

Aug 1st 2010

Wow...so Glen...scary.

VG, you get me.

Aug 1st 2010

VG, you get me.

What a couple of truly messed up kids.

And you, in well, get me.

Aug 2nd 2010

Why is Don such an effing douche all the time?

Aug 2nd 2010

I haven't seen Mad Men in a long time, but I watched it last night.

I like Don, you know, in that bad boy way. Maybe if I watched the whole show, I'd hate him more. But not yet.

Aug 2nd 2010

I've watched the whole show, can cite dozens of reasons to hate him and root for him anyway. He was pretty skeevy in this episode, though. Not as skeevy as the tobacco exec, at least. Or the kid who Betty used to have the hots for who now has the hots for Sally.

Aug 2nd 2010

What? Betty had the hots for that kid? Ew. When was that?

Yeah, you're right - he was skeevy, but not the skeeviest.

Aug 2nd 2010

It's a blur now. Season 1, maybe? They had a weird bond.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 17
  12. >