Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.01 Nepotism
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
181 to 209 of 209
Sep 25th 2010

And in Email Surveillance, he said "I love my big brother" but that may have just been rhetorical since he was defending his "big brother" email surveillance tactics.

Sep 25th 2010

Well, I imagine it's been said, but have they ever mentioned anything about Michael's biological father? Maybe that's where Luke hellspawned from.

Sep 25th 2010

Luke is the son of his "half sister" so I'm guessing it's through his biological father after he ditched the family.

Sep 25th 2010

Well, I think we've solved who should take over for Michael: his "half sister," who I imagine is named "Michaela," and will be played by Ricky Gervais in drag.

Sep 25th 2010

I kind of liked the eppy. And you guys are harshing my mellow. And I don't care that I just said "eppy".

Pam was pretty hot. And cute in her mannerisms. We haven't seen that in a while.

Sep 25th 2010

Yeah, grumpy pregnant Pam was a bummer. I enjoyed her a lot more here. I rewatched the episode last night and liked it more the second time. Creed's TH about the Twitter feed was amusing.

Sep 25th 2010

Creed's line was a highlight for me. As has been said, "eppy" is a dumb word. As also has been said, The Office isn't what it used to be, but this episode was all right.

Sep 27th 2010

Hi old friends - yup, I come around for premieres and finales. How annoying of me.

I liked this episode. Would have changed some things, like introducing yet another love triangle and the ridiculous nephew moments, but I liked old school Jam, Kelly, and - yes - the cold open. It was clearly done just for fun and they did it in one take (a lot of work!) and made me smile. So it has nothing to do with the episode - I'm OK with that.

Pam's "scared of getting cut in half" line was delivered really well. And I loved Jim handing Dwight the stethoscope and hammer.

If this episode had appeared in seasons 1,2 or 3, I'm sure I would have been convinced that every writer was killed in a giant explosion and replaced with my son and his first grade classmates. But it didn't - it aired after season 6. So it didn't suck.

Sep 27th 2010

they did it in one take

For real? Because it doesn't seem like that would be something they'd be able to pull off.

Sep 27th 2010

Maybe not the first take.

Sep 27th 2010

I read on Officetally that they did it on the 3rd or 4th take, but all in one take.

Sep 27th 2010

But it didn't - it aired after season 6. So it didn't suck.

So true and a bit sad.

Sep 27th 2010

There's a quick video on Hulu where Jenna interviews Angela and they both express their excitement about filming that cold open. It made me appreciate it more and think of it as a fun surprise. There is a spoiler in the beginning of the video - just FYI. I wish I still cared enough not to watch spoilers.

Those of you who knew me way back when remember when I didn't even want to know the title of the upcoming episodes. those were the days

Sep 28th 2010

Nice of you to drop by, flonk, if only for premieres and finales.

Sep 29th 2010

I would like to say now, in front of everyone, while I am listening to the That's What She Said podcast, that the fact that Michael actually said aloud that he had a half-sister totally got by me in the show. I thought they'd invented a nephew and left us to fill in the details, which I steadfastly refused to do. Steadfastly--and I would have expected the same from all of you. I can let slide, however, an estranged half-sister from his dad's new family never being mentioned before now.

Sep 29th 2010

I can let it slide because that's what typical TV shows do. And this is, now, just a typical TV show.

I forgot about that podcast. I listened to every episode (edition? installment?) from its launch, but I ditched it after last season. It's very freeing to delete a subscription you've had forever.

Sep 29th 2010

It's funny that the podcast is being brought up, because I was playing it during my lunch hour today. Fun to listen to, but it seems like a lot of exhaustive analysis for a show that doesn't really warrant it anymore. I would think they should be able to cover it all in about 20 minutes or less.

Sep 29th 2010

I am not criticizing anyone's reasons for listening to podcasts, but I can't see the point of making a 20 minutes or less recap podcast of a 20 minute show. If you aren't going to exhaustively analyze your topic, what would be the point of recording something? You can get short analysis and recaps from NBC with very high production values already. Totally different market. And the guy's an English teacher, which means he's like me, which means that I am less interested in product than I am in the chance to critique product, which means that it hardly even matters what something is about. The theory is the thing. Plus the sound of your own voice.

Sep 29th 2010

I have to say that I am shocked that there are still podcasts dedicated to The Office. Are there podcasts dedicated to Two and a Half Men?

Sep 29th 2010

TWSS is not, how would you say, an upbeat podcast. It veers more between neutral and mopey, growing mopier as the show declined. I am a little surprised he keeps it up. The OA girls hung it up after the fifth season.

Sep 29th 2010

They were joking in this one about when he'd finally call it quits.

Sep 30th 2010

He talks about calling it quits every single podcast. He knows he can't quit it. I wonder how much $, if any, he makes off of that. Anyone know?

I still subscribe to TWSS and I listen to the podcasts every now and again. I'll probably give this ep a listen just to see what they say.

I understand STT's complaint about the exhaustiveness of the show, and have complained about that very thing here on NA. But Karen makes a good point also. What's the point of not being exhaustive if you're gonna go to all the trouble of making a podcast about it? Maybe the exhaustiveness of the show annoys us hardcore fans because we just don't get how he can find 50+ minutes of things to talk about a show that doesn't even care about itself anymore.

Sep 30th 2010

I like it here - and missed it. And I do have a bit more time, now that the biz is in year three. Perhaps I will ride this season out with you. The Mad Men thread is a good lure. I'll just settle into the recliner over there...

Sep 30th 2010

There's plenty of room and everyone is friendly, with four exceptions.

Oct 1st 2010

And I do have a bit more time, now that the biz is in year three. Perhaps I will ride this season out with you.

Win-win!

Oct 4th 2010 edited

Perhaps I will ride you.

We do that, right? Quote people and delete out some of the words to make it dirty or otherwise inappropriate? That's a thing here, right?

Oct 4th 2010

We do people and make it dirty. That thing.

Yes, we do.

Oct 4th 2010

do

Yup.

Oct 4th 2010

up

Save it for the ladies, fella.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4