Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
7.02 Counseling
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 74
Sep 26th 2010
  • Season 7 : Episode 2
  • First aired on September 30, 2010

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL IS FORCED INTO COUNSELING—Corporate assigns Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) to counseling with Toby (Paul Lieberstein). Dwight (Rainn Wilson) vows revenge on the Steamtown Mall after a shop owner snubs him. Meanwhile, Pam (Jenna Fischer) conspires to change her job title. John Krasinski, Ed Helms, B.J.Novak, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Ellie Kemper, Craig Robinson and Zach Woods also star.

Sep 26th 2010

Corporate assigns Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) to counseling with Toby (Paul Lieberstein).

This could be really awesome. I hope it is.

Sep 26th 2010

Yeah, that could be some good stuff. Please writers, don't fail us. I'm also interested in what alternate job title they could be giving Pam.

Sep 26th 2010

Office Mattress.

Sep 26th 2010

No, I think they mean a new job tit le....

Sep 26th 2010

Pam Beesly: Office Mattress is an HBO series I would watch.

Sep 26th 2010

tit le.

Score.

Sep 26th 2010

I love this counseling-with-Toby idea. There is the potential for so much funny. Michael has to complete six sessions or lose his job. Six!

Sep 27th 2010

There is the potential for so much funny

There always is.

Sep 29th 2010

I love Michael's face when he thinks about Toby.

Sep 29th 2010

I love Michael's face when he thinks about Toby.

That was a great scene that would have fit in any of the first 3 seasons.

Sep 30th 2010

Michael's Toby hate will never not be funny. I have high hopes for Counseling.

Sep 30th 2010

I admire your optimism, TTP.

Sep 30th 2010

I'm puzzled by it.

Sep 30th 2010

I agree with it, especially since I just went to Office Tally and saw that B.J. Novak is the writer.

Sep 30th 2010

This needs to be effing hilarious. Not funny, not hilarious, but EFFING hilarious. I think Ron Swanson would agree.

Sep 30th 2010

I don't think it will be funny. I feel like the new DftF. Like DftF 2.0. I don't get how any of you guys are looking forward to the new episodes. At all.

They won't be any good! They just won't!

I am looking forward to Community.

And Outsourced.

Not really, but kinda more than The Office. Kinda.

Hey. Today's already Thursday.

Sep 30th 2010

Not really, but kinda more than The Office. Kinda.

Sorry, that statement is unacceptable. The Office may have declined in quality, but comparing it to Outsourced just means you've suffered some sort of head injury and should go to the hospital immediately.

Sep 30th 2010

Well, I'm hoping that tonight's Outsourced is better than last week's. I have no such hope for The Office.

They've wasted their potential.

Sep 30th 2010

Why would you even watch another episode of Outsourced? Do you enjoy suffering? There is really no comparison between these two shows.

Sep 30th 2010

Well, neither one is Community, so that's comparable.

Sep 30th 2010

True. I know The Office isn't the show it once was, but it really is still far better than your run of the mill sitcom. Putting it on the same level as #@$&! My Dad Says or Outsourced is just crazy.

Sep 30th 2010

I'm in this mood for the past few weeks where I feel like my TV watching last year was the pinnacle of everything, and I don't even care that much what's on anymore. Modern Family is alright, and I do still love Community, and of course I'm on pins and needles until the end of the Mad Men season, but I can't summon much excitement for much else at all. Honestly, I'm more interested in The Mentalist than most of what else is on. It's my one brainless procedural, and Simon Baker is charming with a dark edge that he didn't have last season (because of the ridiculous season 2 conclusion) and that redhead and her ex-boyfriend are so beautiful to look at together, and Tim Kang is hot, and I wonder all the time if I should get my hair cut like the female lead, and I suppose I've moved into that CBS demographic that's this generation's version of Murder She Wrote fans.

I was so into so much TV last year. I'm sad that it doesn't seem as exciting this year. On the other hand, I have a lot of reading to do. There's a UCSD Literature course on podcast about science fiction, and with those ten-week quarters I don't have a lot of time to fuck around. I just got some of the books from the library today. The Ubik discussion starts in a couple of hours and I haven't even read past the first page.

Sep 30th 2010

Ok, I'm not ashamed to say I liked this episode. Mose in the day care center, Dwight's beet stained hands and Pam's scheme were all good.

Sep 30th 2010

I liked this episode, too. The "Dwight at the mall" thing was silly, but everything else worked for me. I enjoyed the premiere, but I actually laughed tonight. If they can give me a whole season of this, I'll be happy. And yes, Michael is stupid.

Sep 30th 2010

I liked it, too, especially Pam's storyline. I'm glad she got what she wanted at the end. And Gabe? He's weak and spineless, but I kinda like him. I'm happy he's there.

Sep 30th 2010

Huh. That wasn't half bad. BJ Novak, job well done!
"Were you painting in the dark?"

Sep 30th 2010

The Insane Clown Posse poster on the wall of the day care center made me laugh.

Sep 30th 2010 edited

I liked that Angela wanted Dwight to wear the outfit "later", and the punch card was pretty awesome. Pam's storyline bugged me a little at first, but I like the way it turned out. Also, Mose!

The Insane Clown Posse poster on the wall of the day care center made me laugh.

Ditto.

Oh, and Kelly tuning herself out was great, too.

Sep 30th 2010 edited

Any episode with Pam doing a humping motion is a good episode. "Michael has issues, and he's stupid" was the biggest laugh for me, following closely by Erin's knowledge of disposable cameras. The Dwight story was a bit silly but it was balanced out nicely by Michael & Toby. Even if what was revealed was somewhat predictable, it was nice to hear some more about Michael's past and I thought Paul Lieberstein did a good job playing off him. Did we know Toby went to Temple? I also liked that everyone in the ensemble (except Kevin) had some part in the episode. Solid start to the season.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 74
Top of PageBack to discussions